A few screenies for those who care

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe, some old Brotherhood of Dawn and Varangian Guard people in those shots. Riz! I'm sure he was afk when he died there. :) Or Mrt just left him to die. Its strange how our fondest memories of daoc are sitting on a hill, pulling identical mobs for 10 hours a day... :) I had bad memories of Malmo. It got better once pbae was implemented for SM's though. :D

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
dc063dc1.jpg

That looks like me on the right...

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
I miss those days:< had loads of em ss's of my old thane and skald but my comp crashed.

btw, I can't see Jon, on what ss is he on? he was such a emo japaneese.

remember him speccing 30 30 30 30 30 in all skills. made me laugh.

even made him call his guild defenders of jon xD

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I miss those days:< had loads of em ss's of my old thane and skald but my comp crashed.

btw, I can't see Jon, on what ss is he on? he was such a emo japaneese.

remember him speccing 30 30 30 30 30 in all skills. made me laugh.

even made him call his guild defenders of jon xD

I'm grouped with him here, but I have no piccies of him. Defenders of Jon was classy, I loved that. I couldn't believe how many people actually played in that guild, maybe that was where his skills lay...
Ohboywhatagroup.jpg

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when i saw in early days those defenders of jon, most of them was low lvl players.
guess he recruit alott new fresh players who was unguilded to own guild.

old topic :) notice there offcourse caeli, paldius, emma, Mrt, mordia etc.
have still some old screenies what have posted time by time here, some from malmo, some rvr.
fun times indeed, bring smile on face.
personally wasnt so big funboy for rvr, dunno if even yet? but tryed those days get touch little everything.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
sweet :) i'll dig out some oldskool pics off my back disk tomorra...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ive lost so many ss over the years, but heres a fav of mine, remembering how large scale RvR used to be..

RvR-General1.jpg

How did Mythic manage to fuck the game so bad that you dont see this any more?

(rhetorical question, please do not answer!)

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
good ol defenders of jon, he invited my zerk when i was just lvl13 took me out to emain, got my first rp there but didn't last too long :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

hehe, Klan Nidstang :)

guessing the hunter is Jeriraa and that fatass troll Bombadil xD

or Anarky, but i doubt it.. even a possibility its me but i very much doubt THAT.

and Tylor testing his luck by sitting under the horse :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm grouped with him here, but I have no piccies of him. Defenders of Jon was classy, I loved that. I couldn't believe how many people actually played in that guild, maybe that was where his skills lay...
Ohboywhatagroup.jpg

oooooh, jeron :)

miss that little speedfreak :) anyone know what he's up to nowadays?

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
damnit svart.. stop bumping 2 year old threads! :)

nah let him - theres some nice old memories in those pics :)

SoN's back in the day rocked so much - I still remember Adrira taking me into the frontiers on my zerker and that huge red staff he had scared me lol

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
SoN's back in the day rocked so much - I still remember Adrira taking me into the frontiers on my zerker and that huge red staff he had scared me lol

Well mate, it's funny you should say that... I believe this would be that time... we had all manner of nightmare with purplecon mobs adding on us shortly afterwards, if I'm not mistaken.
1st_guild_event__zerg_in_hib.jpg

damnit svart.. stop bumping 2 year old threads! :)
No wai! This is an evergreen thread!

How did Mythic manage to fuck the game so bad that you dont see this any more?
I got spears! Anybody got hammers?
SPEARS.jpg

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Well mate, it's funny you should say that... I believe this would be that time... we had all manner of nightmare with purplecon mobs adding on us shortly afterwards, if I'm not mistaken.
Yay a pic with me in it - really awesome times svarty im sure you would agree :)

I got spears! Anybody got hammers?
haha classy spears - mass ld's inc :D

*EDIT* just noticed Takers in there on the first pic - ahh top times \o/ bah i still hate Ossbull for having THAT lastname lol didnt he change it to Badgerbane after his erm "interest" in Badgers lol

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
nah let him - theres some nice old memories in those pics :)

haha, you where guilded with saaug!

:)D)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Some really cool pics there.

Wish they never changed the old rvr map to NF game could be so much better. I remember in yggdra your xp'ing near that lake and some luri ranger shooting you from the lake (such memories). Oh and the Grave Yard, think most of us were lvl 25-30 xp'ing there and some minstrel came along and we all panic lol...

Relic Raids were Huge back then. Also remember when Mids went to Alb on a very loooong run to Alb Relic keep to alrdy find 4 fg Albs already there defending waiting :)

Those were the days

Amphrax/Arauddry

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I remember one fine day we RRd Alb with Kilgorde, /who Pennine gave up 130 ppl, and that DIDNT include the rest who were anon! Anywho, 400 albs decided to gatecrash the parteh, resulting in us crashing the zone, then the server, this was sunday morning!

Next day we got excal back, but about 50% of mids relogged to find themselves surrounded by grey cons XPing... in lyonesse! I remember my Thane waking to find a group of 3 looking at him, before legging it, and that ladies, was my first ever trip into alb hehe!

As for memories
Misc2.jpg

One of our regular guild meets, sundays at 1800GMT before we went alb side to whoopass :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Might be an old thread but some awesome screenies in there and some great memories. A loooooot of names I recognise there :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I miss Daoc as it used to be. Getting to 50 was like the biggest achievment ever.

Wasn't even thinking about rvr.

Just looks nice and moody in the older pictures, now all the gfx have changed and it's all clean and cut which i don't mind. But it's removed the adventuring part of the game.

Being in galpen and starting of with all the rest of the lowbies. Wish i could go back to the old times. :(

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Those old pictures with guilds like The Unforgiven and Brotherhood of Dawn are so cool. :( BoD was my 2nd guild (after illuminati) and I met so many cool players there. XPing at the werewolf forts in Myrkwood and the crabs outside Fort Atla were so much fun. I remember xping on my own in Yggdra with my Spiritmaster in the mid 20's (who wanted an SM before we got PBAE to supp line? :D) and my heart literally pounding whenever I saw a death message from an Alb or Hib (usually Nair, Luona or some other guy I can't remember...Motom? or something) then you continue pulling mobs just knowing you will get PA'd at any moment, and ofc they didn't unstealth back then. :p Then the same old Skalds would come zooming past (Tindel's skald (Fay?), Dunderklumpen, etc) and you would try and catch up with them just to see some RvR. :)

Maybe it was just because Daoc was my first MMORPG but nothing else can reignite the feelings I had when I leveled my first character to 50. It was such a fun time...

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I miss Daoc as it used to be. Getting to 50 was like the biggest achievment ever.

Wasn't even thinking about rvr.

Just looks nice and moody in the older pictures, now all the gfx have changed and it's all clean and cut which i don't mind. But it's removed the adventuring part of the game.

Being in galpen and starting of with all the rest of the lowbies. Wish i could go back to the old times. :(

My thoughts exactly.

I remember first buying the game by a mistake, and as I was unable to return it, I let it dust on my shelf. A few weeks later I went through a couple of my gaming magazines and noticed this preview of "the" next MMORPG. A few days later I realized that this was the game I had bought, and it was time to create an account, and try it out. And so I updated it, and two days later I was able to log on(56Kbits ftw!) and create my first character ever. A Bonedancer named Sheina - these were my happiest days, ever.

However, back then I just couldn't settle with one character, I kept switching realm back and forth, cause they all looked so bloody cool - specially with the their own unique dyed armor and the /hooded cloaks and it was just teh awesome.
I also remember starting a guild, on Albion, I was an armsman back then, in my 20'ies and I was low on cash as everyone else - except this one guy who'd support my guild with a few hundred gold, so we could get our own colours. Thing is, I was greedy, and I spent half the money on gray enamel and plate armour, as I thought it looked so awesome I just couldn't resist. To this day I still feel like an arse and my conscience is eating me up inside:(.

I might sound like a Mythic wannabe, but I don't really care. DAoC is by far the greatest game I have ever played, I've never had so much fun. The looks, the events, the housing zones, the fuzzy feeling of hitting 50, staying up late just swapping through the ME buying all kinds of shiny things for that alt, and especially the community. Oh man the memories:(.

Cerion

Fledgling Freddie
Here are some of my Old Screenies :cheers: I think i have some from open beta also. If i find them, I'll post'em.

Attachments

• alb-mid.jpg
    alb-mid.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 160
  • showoff.jpg
    showoff.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Artifact raid.jpg
    Artifact raid.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 170
  • newsflash.jpg
    newsflash.jpg