A few harmless ideas of how I want a new DAoC server to be!

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
I like the game as it is :)

For the most part I agree, the only things I would change are the following:

1. Fix the lag bug that shows someone rushing at you, forcing you to commit only for that person still to be standing 3000 units away :(
2. Fix the LOS bugs so they are known and consistent across _all_ classes
3. Fix the water so:
- you can move through the surface without pausing
- you can combat through the surface
- you can see through the surface but with reduced visibility & range
4. Remove the large expanse of water between realms, or give us real ship warfare (I wanna be a pirate!) - what purpose does this water serve at present, other than to give you time to get a drink or visit the loo - it reminds me of the old horse routes, boooooring!
5. Reduce the number of keeps to four, two relic keeps and two border keeps
6. Reduce the number of towers per keep to 2 or at most 3 (and make them more interesting, both in terms of use and what you can do with them)
7. Reduce the number of bridges to each keep to 2
8. Introduce more natural choke points depending on what type of fight you want, fg Vs fg, stealther Vs stealther, 1 on 1's, etc.

There are other things but they are mostly class changes which I'll keep out of this thread as they will only cause contention :)

xverd

Banned
Givf old frontiers and change mls so that a fg could do all 10 mls.
Just givf old frontiers!!!! NF sucks....

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
pre-toa , pre-nf no warlocks , no vamps , no bansheeehehehehehehes, and no monsterressing noobs, no artifacts, no ml's :) perfect

just go pl youre character to lvl 50 - do some easy l50 quests for jewels, Port Emain. :> alot better ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ailyn said:
pre-toa , pre-nf no warlocks , no vamps , no bansheeehehehehehehes, and no monsterressing noobs, no artifacts, no ml's :) perfect

just go pl youre character to lvl 50 - do some easy l50 quests for jewels, Port Emain. :> alot better ;)

yeh givf

Spark

Fledgling Freddie
Ailyn said:

Have to agree here...

And I also think that this is TEH problem today ... To many patchs have runed the game. To much u "have to do" before getting into rvr. Before Toa, lvling to 50 about 15 days ingame playtime meeting alot of ppl "getting a life ingame" soo to speak. After that doing some quests and making a template 5 days extra in game.. and you were "ready" to do some rvr. Anyone could do that.

Now ? Any new comer to this game "Good fecking luck", there is Nobody lvling the "normal" way this days. All getting pled -.-

Another thing is: ppl have to do more pveing, and personal I hate pveing .. To much pveing / exping and thats why, IMHO, Excalibur is down to woot? like 1000 ppl playing a day ? the only ppl left on this server is pve nerd and daoc addited ppl .. like my self

Oh and btw ... Come GOA ! fix those servers

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
With OF, loved old odins, only downside was going snowblind!

Keep catacombs, but remove the classes.
Keep ToA, its alright.
Keep all the fixes.
Remove or change NF to be simular to OF.

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
NF SUCKS agree...

God i miss the good old DF Fights with my ranger :<

port to DF, then next day when an enemy realm have it go kill exps :D

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Those that is complaining about NF should wait until Agramon comes before complaining,

With the island ingame the zergs will have their irvr betwean keeps and the rest can take a short run to the island and fight there.

OF Sucked for Hibs in a way that it "always" took 5-15min to get to any action while albs/mids just ported emain. in realy realy old times it usualy took me 30-35min to get to emain STEALTHED :eek6:.

The new Ras is more balanced tho mos should be limited to 2 and not be affected by camo.

MLs Should be removed or reduced in effectivness drasticly (and be done solo/fg)

Toa bonuses like casting speed, melee speed, +dmg and such should be removed.

Division

Fledgling Freddie
A perfect server for me would be servers almost as they are now, but with a few changes. Here's my idea:

1) Dun crauchon in hib, Caer Benowyc in alb and Bledmeer Faste in Mid unclaimable and untakeable and remove the towers around it. Then finally make it so hibs can port to DC, albs to CB and mids to BF, so all will have an instant-port and just can run onto the new island Agramon (when it's introduced).

-I personally believe Agramon am great for FG RvR, and that's what I enjoy. There's no less than 2 mile gates for each realm, so no bottleneck anylonger (if you can say it like that).

2) Make encounters alot easier for artifacts and ML's. Then lower the downtime on artifact encounters so they'll all pop after 1 minute and grant a 100% chance of dropping the artifact. Re-do the encounter Night Terror and make it also pop at day, even though the name of the encounter may sound silly and make it pop after 1 minute downtime too.
ML's should be made so easy that 1 group without any sort of petspammer can take the hardest encounters (believe this will especially be good for midgard).

-I believe this would have a great impact on the game. More people would probably try and check new class they wouldn't have tried else and equip them. Also this would make it easier for new players to catch up on the old gamers. Fresh meat am what DAoC needs and tbh this game am famous on its unique PvP system (RvR), and that's also what I believe attracts most to play this game in the long run, so why not make it easier for new players?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
I quited DAoC when NF came out b/c I felt that it really was the last nail in the coffin. But ever since I quited I missed what DAoC used to be... So here is my idea of how DAoC SHOULD be if I was to decide.

1st, I would introduce a new server type wich we can call DAoC-classic.
The new DAoC-classic server would be a none Trials of Atlantis server, a none New Frontiers server. The new server would still have housing zones and it would still have all the old pre ToA mobs, items and classes. Really the only thing I would keep from the "normal DAoC" servers is the enhanced catacombs graphics.

2nd, I would like to get the old realm abilities back, but I would leave out the assassin ability see hidden and the archer ability true sight since I belive those were damaging to the game. Also every realm should share the RA's just like it is in NF since I belive it will make RvR more balanced. Now iam sure somone will say that a healer with BoF and group pruge would be overpowered - I concure/agree. To solve that problem Healers PR, Clercis BoF and Druids GP could not be specced amongst those classes. For example a Thane could get BoF, a Friar could get GP, and a Mentalist could get PR. This would make these chars more desireable for a full group in RvR and still not make them overpowered in 1v1, 2v2 etc. ( this is just an example of how it could be made )

Classes like svages (for example, there is a few other obvious ones) should be "fixed" like they are on the current live servers as in, not 'quad-hitting' 24/7 and thier selfbuffs/shouts should remain as they are at the atm.

3rd, I would enlarge the old frontiers and re-vamp them in a way so that there would be less bottle-necks such as mile gates. The mile gates should still be where they were but 2 or 3 should be added in every realms frontier to avoid any massive crowding and make the RvR more diverse and changing. For example if there is 3 fg hibs camping 1 mile gate and a frontal assult would mean death then the single group could escape through another mile gate and backstabd the "zerg".

4th, The keeps should be at aproximply the same position as they were in the old frontiers but they should be gaurded by one tower. When the tower is "standing" it should enchance the durability/power/strenght of the keep in a way that it should be wiser and more strategic to first knock out the tower and then proceed to the keep itself.
There should be no teleport system nor should it be any "war-realm map" that indicates on-going fights or sieges. The gaurds in a claimed keep should notify the guild that posseses it and the guild in turn will braodcast that infromation as they wish.

5th, This new server should support the use of the classes added in ToA as in NF. Got no real good plan for how they should be introduced since I do not know thier roles in a group situation RvR/PvE/Solo.

Okej, that was 5 ideas of how a new server type could be built around. I would love to hear other peoples ideas and suggestions.
Remind you this is no flame, troll or any stealthed "x char is overpowered, nerf it now" post.

Just make a new game!! would get the stuff done :p

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
IMO We pay Mythic, So they should do WHAT WE WANT.

Give old ra/OF back.
Aye.
And undelete all my chars if that's ever going to happen.

Eyeball

Loyal Freddie
just give back the beta days when you needed 2 wait to enter the server bcs of to many people and pve was fun and new and there where always groups 2 join xD (sights.....)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Division said:
1) Dun crauchon in hib, Caer Benowyc in alb and Bledmeer Faste in Mid unclaimable and untakeable and remove the towers around it. Then finally make it so hibs can port to DC, albs to CB and mids to BF, so all will have an instant-port and just can run onto the new island Agramon (when it's introduced).

Thats a nice idea imo :)

and new RAs sucks, pretty much always up and no need to save BOF etc for the top groups/zergs.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Just add a rule on current servers to let only 1-2 stealther be in range of each other, like they hit a zone wall kinda bubble if they go 5000 units near another friendly stealther in open field RvR when their hidden.

Then I'd be happy, means they'll have to unstealth and run to attack, maybe would give enough time for a nice 1v1 - 2v2.

Quite like NF now to be honest, much more to do then OF had to offer and ToA provides more challenges for me to do and help out others with.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>> Am I the onlyone whos happy with the game as it is? (with few exceptions Warlocks mainly)

:cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

no, you are not the only one.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
love it as it is, maybe towerraze I dont like.
OF might be fun for all the old players, but for the new ones that came OF was kinda like a nogo zone. NF is for everyone(it is not optimal for every single class or playerlevel(leet,casual whatever) but its a fairly good compromise where there is something for everyone and not just for a few.

Classic server = People that have a hard time adopt to new things. Makes you sound like some old person telling how everything was harder in their youth.

Change happens ALLWAYS, you might as well learn to adopt to it, instead of allways thinking back. :)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
The game is fine, only thing that ruins it are all the hypocrits (e.g. "olol we add cos it's not our realm fighting" guild groups). But that hasn't got anything to do with the game mechanics. ;)

Bring on cluster and Agramon already!

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
why is it we all know what we want, but game designers dont have a clue! :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
GrIrcSpammer said:
r u serious :|

Absolutely:

Old Frontiers:

*Up to 10 minute wait on ports every death
*Basic RA system; either got the RA or you don’t.
*One main RVR zone, boring same-old roaming, apk, amg, mmg, mpk, mmg, dc, mill, amg etc…
*Alb frontier was hardly used
*Bad keep system

New Frontiers:

*Instant porting
*Active RVR zones change depending on keep activity
*Excellent keep system, towers controlling ports
*Dynamic realm map – know where the action is!
*Evenly-matched frontiers, each commonly used
*Keep defense great fun
*Reduced monotony of same-old runs
*Ability to create your own action via siege

The list goes on. I simply love NF, and would never go back to OF or play on a classic server.

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
NF sucks

I dont mind waiting 10mins sometime, i mean it gets really old insta killing the same target. How many keep siege do u see every day compared to OF?

Where are the DF fights?

That was the best with OF

NF is just for the uber leet range classes :touch:

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
hard to know where the action was back in OF?

and odins/mid frontier has allways sucked, due to the annoying white snow that blinds your eyes.

New frontiers they added even more stupid mobs around in hadrians and emain now.

the only thing they did good was to nerf pbaoe thru doors and a couple of things like that but they added warlocks and bainshes to annoy that too.

The water is completely worthless too, that you cant nuke or attack thru the surface down, so you can abuse it, and that certan pets cant swim underwater.

Crap line of sight at some spots.

NF was fun the first weeks, but now its simply as "inworked" or rutine as old frontiers, and old frontiers was so less frustrateing with the line of sight/melee lagg/water things going on.

However fix that shit and nf is ok, and make insta port available 24/7 somehow.

+ fix the RA's, right now you can dump any 10min RA in a fg vs fg and still have them up for the next fight, because of the low population on the server right now, and the fast reuse, in the old days you would have to use them wisely against the toughest oponents (wich also made it easier for low realm rank groups to compete).

Light

Loyal Freddie
just wanna be able to roll new toons and rvr without going thro the boswollox that is artifact camping :(

h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 it crap :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
just wanna be able to roll new toons and rvr without going thro the boswollox that is artifact camping :(

h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 it crap :(

So don't camp artifacts. You don't need to get the artifact drop to TOA a char. Farm something else and use initiative to purchase artifacts off people who DO camp.

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
Wow is this thread still going, it's months old.

In fact when it was first started my wee boy wasn't walking, and now he charges about like a mad thing :D

Light

Loyal Freddie
exactly the same thing - i dont wanna spend hours upon hours farming plat either in order to buy the artis takes just as bloody long .. just want to level a toon and rvr as it used to be, didnt even mention the scroll farming and leveling of them bloody things on top

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom