A farewell to arms... Jamiesmallicus just deleted

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Glad you didn't sell account Jamies, would be weird if some 14-years-old adolescent played The Champion with pink boots :) There will only be one Jamies :)

Anyway, GL wherever u're going next.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Nilmeia said:
How could you do that Jamie? :(

You still owe me 1 plat :(

your avater looks allot like elfinai, except elfinai is better looking:p

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
your avater looks allot like elfinai, except elfinai is better looking:p

But Elfinai is just a wannabe Nilmeia :kissit:

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
reference the getting the character back..

I have no idea how he did it..all I know is I checked my emails when got home from work and had 2 from goa 1 confirming they had recovered the elf..

jamie

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
jamiesmallicus said:
I have no idea how he did it..all I know is I checked my emails when got home from work and had 2 from goa 1 confirming they had recovered the elf..

jamie

Whoever did it ... /cheer :p

Not easy to prevent you from hurting yourself by your own insanity :p

Genedril

Part of the furniture
rampant said:
hmm so GOA can undelete chars can they?

Indeed they can, & they do, & they have in this case.

All you need is your subs log in & Right Now it. AFAIK they cannot do it if you've deleted & someone else grabs the name while your gone. I'm not sure of their backup policy so the char may get over written at some point if you leave it too long. As this was done the same night he deleted then that wasn't going to happen.

Glad you're not gone mate, NFD & Hib in general wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you dust off the pink boots from time to time.

Jjuraa

Banned
when i deleted my ACN on my old pally by mistake, they refused to restore it... guess i should have said i was drunk? :/

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
when i deleted my ACN on my old pally by mistake, they refused to restore it... guess i should have said i was drunk? :/

Deleting an item and deleting a character are different things though.

And as for the character, they can and will restore it most the time (various reasons) but they have a limit if you take the piss with it.

However if delete it, then they patch you most likely wont get it back. one the few occasions that it nearly never be done

Jjuraa

Banned
Corran said:

why is it different? i deleted the item by accident, he PURPOSELY deleted his char. yet i dont get a restore..

dont get me wrong jamie im glad you havnt deleted n stuff.. just seems slightly unfair

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:

And as for the character, they can and will restore it most the time (various reasons) but they have a limit if you take the piss with it.

However if delete it, then they patch you most likely wont get it back. one the few occasions that it nearly never be done

Exactly there is a difference.

Casual guy is sleepy, Trys to repair an item. Drops it clicks ok thinking hes payed bill - Goes to bed item gone.

Explain to goa then dont get item back as its there own fault.

Guy deletes, Emails goa saying he was DRUNK 100% his own fault no excuse behind it he knew what he was doing.

Char. All items restored?

You see, Seems a bit shit.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Genedril said:
Indeed they can, & they do, & they have in this case.

All you need is your subs log in & Right Now it. AFAIK they cannot do it if you've deleted & someone else grabs the name while your gone. I'm not sure of their backup policy so the char may get over written at some point if you leave it too long. As this was done the same night he deleted then that wasn't going to happen.

Glad you're not gone mate, NFD & Hib in general wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you dust off the pink boots from time to time.

Someone already has the name Jamiesmallicus on excal yet again - So if what your saying is true - The whole delete thing was pure bull shit.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Someone already has the name Jamiesmallicus on excal yet again - So if what your saying is true - The whole delete thing was pure bull shit.
aint he a prydwenite?

anyhow deleting is an easy way out, going dormant is a real challenge and imo more honorable :p (selling is worse :p )

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Enli said:
aint he a prydwenite?

anyhow deleting is an easy way out, going dormant is a real challenge and imo more honorable :p (selling is worse :p )

On excal he has the name Jamiesmallicus.

So if what that guy (Paul) says is true, Theres no way he deleted in the first place.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
I think Jamies have/had a low lvl theurg on excal iirc saw him few times in HW :) same name as the champ

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrel said:
I think Jamies have/had a low lvl theurg on excal iirc saw him few times in HW :) same name as the champ

its not him...its someone in the same guild tho :p

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
i think it was deadweight who had a low lvl on excal called jamiesmallicus.

Not sure why your making a meal over this infanity . . . . he deleted, someone in guild who had access to his account details got them restored as most the guild was thinking jamies was making a mistake - right or wrong it happened. Jamies found out about it later when he got an email off goa.. simple to understand, now let it go ? :) i can say he wasnt too happy about it as i spoke with him, but has now decided to leave them restored after taling to a few people from the guild.

hes given the account over to another guildie so the restored chars are available should he ever decide to come back and play again. But for all intents and purposes jamiesmallicus for the time being no longer plays daoc - threads about giving people an opportunity to say farewell to a great player of the game. so let that happen.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Caylan Raal said:
i think it was deadweight who had a low lvl on excal called jamiesmallicus.

Not sure why your making a meal over this infanity . . . . he deleted, someone in guild who had access to his account details got them restored as most the guild was thinking jamies was making a mistake - right or wrong it happened. Jamies found out about it later when he got an email off goa.. simple to understand, now let it go ? :) i can say he wasnt too happy about it as i spoke with him, but has now decided to leave them restored after taling to a few people from the guild.

hes given the account over to another guildie so the restored chars are available should he ever decide to come back and play again. But for all intents and purposes jamiesmallicus for the time being no longer plays daoc - threads about giving people an opportunity to say farewell to a great player of the game. so let that happen.

I'm not botherd about it, I just dont think he deleted and guildys are covering up for him.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
I'm not botherd about it, I just dont think he deleted and guildys are covering up for him.

yah an idiot. Thankfully of all the peeps whos posted in this thread your the only one.

Here have a cookie.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Caylan Raal said:
yah an idiot. Thankfully of all the peeps whos posted in this thread your the only one.

Here have a cookie.

No need to start insulting now, he's merely expressing an opinion. :touch:

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Jamies :/ Im sure you know what you're doing tho, one of the best blokes ive met ingame, an old guildie, but most of all, an good old friend.

Will be missing you.
Now go have fun with rl!

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
No need to start insulting now, he's merely expressing an opinion. :touch:

he can keep those opinions to himself as theyre insulting to someone else. ? ever care to think about that ?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Caylan Raal said:
he can keep those opinions to himself as theyre insulting to someone else. ? ever care to think about that ?

He just doesn't simply assume everything as to be the truth, I cannot find this insulting. Calling someone a retard on the other hand, is quite insulting.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Caylan Raal said:

Here have a cookie.

Only insulting one here was you this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom