A casual prydwen gamer views prydwen..

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
ok, i am not gonna pull any punches here, loads of u play excalibur anyways either with alts or mains (and alts here) but:

i got flamed for even SUGGESTING more than 1fg at a time on albion.. you either need to adapt or die, coz their aint no rule to say prydwen gonna be excempt from this.. happens everywhere.. why not here?

alarm clock raids: they backfire.. you get other realms doing same to you.. not only is it lame, but it excludes the majority of the proper gamers from participating in stuff.. if it was left to early morning raids it would go to who had best nightshift.
Let's have an agreement from NOW on to not do alarm clock raids on each other.. primetime are much more rewarding believe me peeps.. been on a few

kinda need an unofficial rulebook if u like between realms.. hard to pull off.. but it works in the end.. it'll cut down on all the bloody whining when peeps log on to find relics missing.

keeps however are fair game.. take em all if u must.. not relic keeps, unless u want an unfair and lame ass raid.

flame away, i know u gonna.. but i dont care, as long as *some* peeps think i make sense..

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
So if 1 realm as a huge population of night-mornings players, they could never do a relic raid ?

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm why suddenly there is big need to NOT do alarmclock raids?
after all these mess when mids have try take albs relic and only hit head to wall, look like its only change never get any relic back.
and there is allways enough albs take alott keeps 5 am, why not defense relickeep too?

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
wheren't you the guy that got flamed to moscow (sorry ivan) for suggesting that all of alb should join together and zerg on BW????

go back to excal zergling! we don´t want you here.

(dislaimer: I don´t mind zergs, I DO mind planned zergs that just roams to kill instead of e.g. taking a keep)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
anyone that has 3 50's isn't a casual player

byebye :touch:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the whole casual issue of rvr its more of a opening up rvr too unsued classes. I mean i think the lst time i saw a firewizzie in rvr was months ago.

It would be nice if there were bigger battles but the fact remains that the servers / home computers cant take the zerg on zerg fights that are so cool too watch.

The problem is i feel is that the casual gamer has good ideas but generally the people who use the /assist macros + stick + instawin styles basically ruin the experience for them.

I ran into a mid group with my lvl 42 animist in df that was either inexperienced or didnt use the assist macro and it was fun because we didnt use the assist macro we pounded them into the ground.

Now as for alarm clock raids i dont think people realise they place a massive strain on low population servers. Before when hibernia used too hold all 3 power relics there was a period of about a week of constant alarm clock raids in the end people was so knackered from staying up for hours on end trying too defend the relics that we just gave up defending them.

The bad thing for this is that if it was done at reasonable time more people would have had fun.

I hope 1.65 will stop the alarm clock raids ie ninga keep attacks but im afraid the casual player will have too be content with organising some kind of rvr squad that relies on tactics isntead of the assist macro options. Thats why most people moan at certain classes being overpowered. Its got nothing to do with the overpowered classes its that the people who get owned are generall not used to the tactics.

Just stay away from high rvr zones or if you can manage it solo to the frontiers some people still use the frontiers too exp in.

Lets just say hibs on a bit of a high at the moment after so much being low and i wont even say that Jack herer or Curse or any of them so called rvr guilds from excal even helped or if they did then i didnt see any of them at the relic raid.

Just dont try and change prydwen over night the only way was if hibernia prydwen got a pop of more than 300 at prime time :)

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
ok, i am not gonna pull any punches here, loads of u play excalibur anyways either with alts or mains (and alts here) but:

i got flamed for even SUGGESTING more than 1fg at a time on albion.. you either need to adapt or die, coz their aint no rule to say prydwen gonna be excempt from this.. happens everywhere.. why not here?

alarm clock raids: they backfire.. you get other realms doing same to you.. not only is it lame, but it excludes the majority of the proper gamers from participating in stuff.. if it was left to early morning raids it would go to who had best nightshift.
Let's have an agreement from NOW on to not do alarm clock raids on each other.. primetime are much more rewarding believe me peeps.. been on a few

kinda need an unofficial rulebook if u like between realms.. hard to pull off.. but it works in the end.. it'll cut down on all the bloody whining when peeps log on to find relics missing.

flame away, i know u gonna.. but i dont care, as long as *some* peeps think i make sense..

Such utter toilet.

Cheers

Azo

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
wheren't you the guy that got flamed to moscow (sorry ivan) for suggesting that all of alb should join together and zerg on BW????

/Slaps Addl :twak:

come back to albion and be "overpowered" in 1.65 :)

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm lol no alarmclock raids.... last raid i was on was primetime against 300 albs. Believe me thats not fun due to many things.
1. U cant beat 300 albs defending. (fair enough)
2. I have a decent pc and connection and I alomst couldnt move when arriving at relic keep.
3. U cant beat 300 albs defending. (hurts to say it even)

And u say, hey lets make a rule that mid can only attack when there r tincanfood for teh next 3 years in relickeep. Get real :m00:

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
**original post removed**
my spanish is rusty : "What the hell are you on about ?"

do i win teh pwize ?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
when people say you cant attack a relic keep with 300 albs defending if there are 300 of you attacking and you have planned your relic offence. Then just unpack say 10 trebs get a stealther too get at least one gt and bomb the crap out the keep.

Im sure 10 trebs doing 200 odd damage all at the same time your going too taking them out pretty quickly. Once most of them are dead then the stealthers go in and take out the ones alive.

BUT as noone ever thinks of bringing seige weapons on relic raids its just a dot fest.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
OK Ilaya, I understand you want to make changed to the way Prydwen is run, but sorry that ain't gonna happen. We like RvR on Prydwen as it is - we like running in our single full groups, we like taking a zerg to retake a keep, we like taking Bledmeer, bumping it up to level 10 and farming the mids that break themselves on its walls and vice-versa.

Respect has to be earned - you can't come in here with your so called revolutionary ideas because you wished you'd rolled on Alb Excal first.

Think of Prydwen as a city from the north of England, and Excal as London - the attitudes between the two are very similar I think you'll find. Just because we don't run zergs 90% of the time does not mean that we're backwards, disorganised or crap at RvR, and don't think that we want to do that - having RvR like they have on Excal is NOT something we aspire to. Both servers have evolved in their own ways, and they should continue like that.

Apologies to any non-British people who didn't get the north/south analogy - I know what I mean :p

And Ilaya, don't take this personally or anything, but fuck off back to Excal.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
OK Ilaya, I understand you want to make changed to the way Prydwen is run, but sorry that ain't gonna happen. We like RvR on Prydwen as it is - we like running in our single full groups, we like taking a zerg to retake a keep, we like taking Bledmeer, bumping it up to level 10 and farming the mids that break themselves on its walls and vice-versa.

Respect has to be earned - you can't come in here with your so called revolutionary ideas because you wished you'd rolled on Alb Excal first.

Think of Prydwen as a city from the north of England, and Excal as London - the attitudes between the two are very similar I think you'll find. Just because we don't run zergs 90% of the time does not mean that we're backwards, disorganised or crap at RvR, and don't think that we want to do that - having RvR like they have on Excal is NOT something we aspire to. Both servers have evolved in their own ways, and they should continue like that.

Apologies to any non-British people who didn't get the north/south analogy - I know what I mean :p

And Ilaya, don't take this personally or anything, but fuck off back to Excal.

<Gasp> Naetha made sense, and i think he called us rednecks :)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
he??

I always thought case was the guy... ah well now that you´ve corrected me awhole lot of things starts falling into place!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
fu Addl :p

If I was a guy how on earth would I be able to cope with all this whining and nagging? You think guys can do this? its not easy you know - takes years of experience ;)

And as for me making sense...I don't quite know what happened there - I'm under a lot of stress at the moment :(

Oh and by the way I'm from Leeds, so I guess that makes me a redneck :D
<mutters something about damned southerners and their new-fangled ideas>

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:

actually it was meant to say

"ah well now that you´ve corrected me awhole lot of things starts falling into place regarding case"

I just forgot the last part

I wouldn´t insult on purpose even if you´d give me all 6 relics for it :wub:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
I wouldn´t insult on purpose even if you´d give me all 6 relics for it :wub:

Pffft - where's the fun in life if you can't insult people? :D Anyway, stop distracting me - I have a dissertation to hand in on Friday and you're forcing me to procrastinate!!

Eroa

Banned
Awarkle said:
when people say you cant attack a relic keep with 300 albs defending if there are 300 of you attacking and you have planned your relic offence. Then just unpack say 10 trebs get a stealther too get at least one gt and bomb the crap out the keep.

Im sure 10 trebs doing 200 odd damage all at the same time your going too taking them out pretty quickly. Once most of them are dead then the stealthers go in and take out the ones alive.

BUT as noone ever thinks of bringing seige weapons on relic raids its just a dot fest.

Can you spell "Zone crash" :confused:

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:

As a hib you should know that its impossible to get 300 in a relic attack. Also, teh lagzor + teh wtf master wizards etc.

Btw. 3 lvl 5 and 3 LGM (or near LGM) crafters casual? :eek7:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
yes i can spell zone crash im an animist and have always wondered how many animists it would take too kill the realm :)

But just remember seige weapons were there for a reason large defended keep being bombed by siege weapons. Most large tanks can easily carry a siege weapon and casters can carry amunition. And now we got foundations most major large guilds should at least have a seige merchant they can allow others too use. I know ive had a buff bot with a siege weapon on her account just in case i can drag her out too a keep for defence.

im sure most relic offence with the use of siege weapons. I know us in hib have used trebs too kill a keeps doors without even get anywhere near the keep to pull the guards. (that was a while back not this recent rr which was a total zerg the guards affair)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
the whole casual issue of rvr its more of a opening up rvr too unsued classes. I mean i think the lst time i saw a firewizzie in rvr was months ago.
I was grped with one hmm, 4 days ago. :)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>i think he called us rednecks

Nah, hillbilly boys, like those in the Deliverance movie :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
anyone that has 3 50's isn't a casual player

byebye :touch:

Depends on the time period they've been been apart of the game and also maybe only pve, pl could get you 3 lvl 50's within a 2-4 weeks.

I have a few lvl 50 charactors, as I've been in game while, and I'm not much of a /release person when it comes to RvR, but I consider myself a casual player as I play when I feel like it mainly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom