A casual prydwen gamer views prydwen..

Ziva

Fluffy
Kahland said:
Ilaya is really a retard mkayyyy..
I disagree with that cause Ilaya is not at all a retard. I know him from Exca and he did very good things for the realm there so please don't judge someone you don't know based on one idea you might not like.

However i have to agree that the posts Ilaya makes about Prydwen do have something in common. They all seem to want to change something and reading this one again makes me raise my eyebrow followed by the question "why"?

I play both servers and i see them both as different servers with some difference i really like. Why would you wanna change that? Sure Prydwen might be known as "n00b" server amongst Exca people but most Prydwen players really like to escape to Prydwen because of the "less l33t attitude and less zerging".

I really believe your ideas are meant to improve things but as many people tried to show you, they don't want to improve things or become an Exca copy and are happy with the way the server is.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:
I play both servers and i see them both as different servers with some difference i really like. Why would you wanna change that? Sure Prydwen might be known as "n00b" server amongst Exca people but most Prydwen players really like to escape to Prydwen because of the "less l33t attitude and less zerging".

I am stunned, where did the "noob" idea come from i wonder ? You have different "PvE" or "RvR" over there at Zergxcalibur ? Does the server have a noob-cannot-pass test before you can play on it ? :twak:

I feel insulted and its sad if you share that view you voiced in your post :(

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:
I also play on both servers, but I can't see where you get that idea from. I find the casual player on pryd alot better then on exa.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I think she meant n00b as in regards to "different from excal" :)

and most ekswalubeer people can´t really comprehend the fact that we don´t enjoy 4 fg zergs on a daily basis (let alone 12 fg albs trying to take away Roostead Faste :( )

that aside, I too play both servers and I defently prefer prydwen to excal, mostly because I can stop a player on prydwen going "hey mate you got a minute for some dumb questions?" and they respond with a yeah sure, do the same thing on excal and most people will respond "stfu u n00b!!111" (I speak from experience, I have a LOT of dumb questions :))

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
The general maturity of Prydwen players seems greater than Excal players with a few notable exceptions. Prydwen has always had a greater proportion of roleplayers than Excal, which some people regard as a weakness, with the general misconception that roleplayers consider their characters 'role' as more important than other factors such as surviveability in RvR. I generally find this isn't the case (except for Chretien maybe :p)
Personally I much prefer Prydwen to Excalibur, but there are good people and complete twats on both servers. Prydwen players generally seem much more friendly and welcoming as well, which again, many of the l33t-kiddies see as a weakness.
It just seems that on Prydwen we seem embarrassed by and dismissive of the l33t crews, while on Excal they see them as something to celebrate :rolleyes:

Ziva

Fluffy
Just to make clear (thanx Addlove) i don't see Prydwen players as n00bs or anything, in fact i believe there are more skilled people in Alb/Pryd then on Alb/Exca. I'm talking about the general views from a lot of Exca players to Prydwen. It's the same as most Prydwen players will descreibe Exca as zerg server ;)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
The general maturity of Prydwen players seems greater than Excal players with a few notable exceptions. Prydwen has always had a greater proportion of roleplayers than Excal, which some people regard as a weakness, with the general misconception that roleplayers consider their characters 'role' as more important than other factors such as surviveability in RvR. I generally find this isn't the case (except for Chretien maybe :p)

Oy!

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Personally I much prefer Prydwen to Excalibur, but there are good people and complete twats on both servers. Prydwen players generally seem much more friendly and welcoming as well, which again, many of the l33t-kiddies see as a weakness.
Slightly off topic but a friend of mine plays hib/pryd and also has an accnt on alb/pryd, also know a cple of ppl with accnts on mid and alb (pryd) (they dont cross realm or anything so dont go off on one pls). The general opinion of these people is mid and hib generally are alot friendlier than alb. While alb has the highest population for alot of the time I was wondering if being friendly and welcoming is related to the number of people in that realm.

The fewer people there are, the more likely people you see are known to you I guess.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
Slightly off topic but a friend of mine plays hib/pryd and also has an accnt on alb/pryd, also know a cple of ppl with accnts on mid and alb (pryd) (they dont cross realm or anything so dont go off on one pls). The general opinion of these people is mid and hib generally are alot friendlier than alb. While alb has the highest population for alot of the time I was wondering if being friendly and welcoming is related to the number of people in that realm.

The fewer people there are, the more likely people you see are known to you I guess.
This is an interesting idea - I have two accounts on Excal - one in Mid and one in Hib (inactive). Hib is a little smaller than Mid, and I found that instead of being more friendly, there was much more elitism than in Mid. Maybe I just came across the wrong players, but it seems that unless you were one of the 'inner circle' in Hib, you would have a lot more trouble getting groups (my char is a bard, so should be no problem getting groups really).

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I´d say something sensible, but I´m just here stalking naetha :)

-
ok I agree, mids on pryd are MUCH friendlyere than albs (that mind you are still MUCH friendlyere than most excals :))

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Ivan said:
I am stunned, where did the "noob" idea come from i wonder ? You have different "PvE" or "RvR" over there at Zergxcalibur ? Does the server have a noob-cannot-pass test before you can play on it ? :twak:

I feel insulted and its sad if you share that view you voiced in your post :(
Just to clear this up, it is a very common view on Excal, yes.

A few of my personal observations, none of these are trying to make either servers look bad, I'm merely stating differencce that I feel exist (only talking about RvR):

Prydwen is more about fun, whilst Excal is more about winning.
Excal groups will rarely run unless they have the optimum set up, Prydwen still has active thanes ;)
It is harder for the casual player to get by in RvR on Excal than it is on Prydwen.
Exping 'traditionally' is virtually dead on Excalibur (mostly guild xp groups and PL), it is still very common on prydwen.

I could probably make a few more statements that I agree with, but I think you get the point. Though these opinions dont mean that you are inferior to us in RvR, it is very easy to make that jump - especially when you have the elitist attitude that many have on Excal.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
with the general misconception that roleplayers consider their characters 'role' as more important than other factors such as surviveability in RvR. I generally find this isn't the case (except for Chretien maybe
I still don't get what you mean by this Naetha?
I may not have the fotm RA set up but I was RR3 before I hit 50 (and all RPs earnt from keep takes/defenses, was never able to go to BGs and refuse to do Emain).
I do all right in RvR mostly.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Avalonian pally? :p

I think she´s trying to be funny just laugh and let it go, will make case´s life so much easiere :p

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I meant by the fact that you're an Avalonian Pally - sexeh shoulderpads!!

And Case's life is easy enough - I even cook for him! Well, wave food in front of a heat source... :clap:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
I still don't get what you mean by this Naetha?
I may not have the fotm RA set up but I was RR3 before I hit 50 (and all RPs earnt from keep takes/defenses, was never able to go to BGs and refuse to do Emain).
I do all right in RvR mostly.
I meant by the fact that you're an Avalonian Pally - sexeh shoulderpads!!

And Case's life is easy enough - I even cook for him! Well, wave food in front of a heat source... :clap:

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
So u mistar God can decide that zerging IS allowed while alarm clock raids is NOT. Can i play God aswell and make a rule that says no zerging? Cuz id like that..

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
prolly prydwen has 1 advantage comparing excal, atleast what i like alott.
if i wanna solo and be peace, i can do it, only chat where participating is guildchat.
if wanna look group?, i can do that and if feel lucky? :) build one up self.

there can be several days dont get any pm:s from nobody, quiet and dont see anybody near me (iarnv), when suddenly some pop up and make question, or get pm from total unknow person who ask something and i have answer that question, its really making me feel great.
now imagine if get these pm:s 10+ in 1 hour, stupid questions like machinegun shooting your head, how you feel after that? still happy and friendly?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'm an advisor with my Excal and Prydwen chars, and I've only ever had one /advice send on Excal (I was afk as well so missed it :( ) While I quite frequently (well, about as much as you'd ever get I suppose) get them on Pryd.

Having said that, some people on Excal really are great (I do the same as Addlcove when I roll a new toon - pester all the level 50s of that class for advice :D ) and extremely helpful, but others are just complete twats :rolleyes:. I guess its probably the same on all servers.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
BlitheringIdiot said:
Just to clear this up, it is a very common view on Excal, yes.

Prydwen is more about fun, whilst Excal is more about winning.
Excal groups will rarely run unless they have the optimum set up, Prydwen still has active thanes ;)
It is harder for the casual player to get by in RvR on Excal than it is on Prydwen.
Exping 'traditionally' is virtually dead on Excalibur (mostly guild xp groups and PL), it is still very common on prydwen.

Personal having played both servers a lot i'd say its the other way around
i can get random crap grps easily on excal
i see very few random mid grps on pryd

oh and what naetha said about the 'inner circle' does apply a bit on mid/pryd i think, people in the rvr guilds perfering to grp with others in rvr guilds etc

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>most Prydwen players really like to escape to Prydwen because of the "less l33t attitude

That was during the first two months of the game, a lot has happened since then :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ilaya said:
ok, i am not gonna pull any punches here, loads of u play excalibur anyways either with alts or mains (and alts here) but:

you forget alot of people have nothing but DAOC, this is RL and serious for a lot of people so they will do anything to win.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
there's few good grps on excal, there's alot good grps on pryd.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
(I speak from experience, I have a LOT of dumb questions :))

It's true, Addl holds the world record for most dumb questions in one hour. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom