9800 Pro automatic overclocking

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
All,

I have the radclocker plugin allowing me to overclock the CPU core and memory speed on the 9800 Pro, but it doesn't retain these settings after a reboot. Although this is probably a good idea incase you clock it too far, I would like to be able to retain the settings on every boot.

Anyone know of such a utility or reg mod that allows this?

G

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Big G

Forgive me, as I'm not sure, but do your drivers include a 'VPU Recovery' tab (I can't remember whether this is an 'XT' only option)? If so, you want to disable it, as this could well be reseting your overclocking attempts on reboot.

Kind Regards

old.user4556

Forgive me Jonty, for I am blind.

It wasn't the VPU recovery thing (tried that before), but I missed the glaringly obvious button saying "Boot - BIOS Defaults - Use Current". Selecting use current allows the overclocked values to be used on boot.

A case of not being able to see the woods for the trees.

G

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
A case of not being able to see the woods for the trees.
hehe, I think we've all been there :) Glad everything's sorted :D

Kind Regards

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Out of interest how high did you get yours clocked? I couldn;t get mine to go past 385/370 without massive screen corruption. That's with standard cooling mind.

old.user4556

I currently run 410 MHz CPU core and 350 MHz mem speed.

I'm not going to overclock any further until my ram sinks are all fitted. With the core at 410, there are no artifacts unless I play some DX9 games where I may very rarely see the odd sparkling pixel. CS / TFC / UT2003 are no problem. I have managed to clock the core up to 430 MHz, but visual artifacts (particularly on mother nature on 3dmark2003) start to become very obvious with checkered patters etc.

Who makes your card? some overclock better than others.

EDIT: I've just upped the voltage to the AGP card (/strokes ABit AN7) from 1.55v to 1.6v and the said sparkling pixel has disappeared not only at 410 core speed but 412 too.

G

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
It's an ATI - I got it direct off them through a special deal with work. The airflow around it probably isn't that great though as I have my scsi card 2 slots down and that puts out a bit of heat itself. One of these days I'm going to sort a new case out and watercool everything again. :)

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Where can you download radclocker? I cant find a working link :(
I have a Radeon 9800 pro and wouldnt mind overclocking it if I can :)

Thanks

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
There are a few utilities. I use 3d tweaker which came with my hercules board. Powerstrip also lets you overclock afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom