News 90mph winds to batter UK on Monday

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
He difference between this storm and a hurricane is that this storm gusts to 90 not continuous wind speed

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lot of facepalming folks out today, with zero explanation of their problem ofcourse :p

Just imagining 16 year old teenage girls going "Tsah, like, don't you even know, right."

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lot of facepalming folks out today, with zero explanation of their problem ofcourse :p
If you don't see why what you said was facepalm-worthy then I can't help you with an explanation. :)

(Which sounds dangerously like "If you don't know what you did wrong, it's not worth me explaining it to you" but it isn't I swear)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you don't see why what you said was facepalm-worthy then I can't help you with an explanation. :)

(Which sounds dangerously like "If you don't know what you did wrong, it's not worth me explaining it to you" but it isn't I swear)

You woman :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the heads up, all of my early trains are also cancelled tomorrow... being that I have to walk through a fieldy type area to get to the non-running trains, looks like I may not be in work tomorrow either. :/

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I feel sorry for Michael Fish...it wasnt even him who denied the hurricane he was told to say it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
DEPT: 8:05am train from SUO
ARV: 9:20pm at ZFD..

Wow. Wonder if National Rail will pay for my tickets for the alternate journey?
No chance mate. Unless you get a right soft touch on the phone they will not even refund you till you are x hours (4 I think) delayed. And tbh passengers should be glad of this delay it is so they can send slow trains down the tracks to look for damage. So the first train will be going about 5mph and if it finds a problem it would then be a train full of passengers stuck till it is repaired. Because if they were running a full service the station behind would already have another train waiting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Storm in a teacup. Bit of wind, nothing like the scaremongers are banging on about.

Gives the BBC something to do I suppose, as there is no sniffle going round that they can blow into some sort of pandemic that will wipe out mankind.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Isn't it going to be through the night when it's at its worst?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye, its going to take a few hours to spread
(a bit like Angela Merkel's legs)

Job

As long as the internets stay up..then all is we

dysfunction

FH is my second home
My train company thinks a bit of light wind is a very good excuse to shut down all their trains so they can be the lazy tards that they are.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My train company thinks a bit of light wind is a very good excuse to shut down all their trains so they can be the lazy tards that they are.
I do love this attitude, if a branch has blown onto the track would you rather your train company run a slow train or would you rather your train hits it at 60 and derails. It does not matter how good your reactions are you can't stop a speeding train because you see a problem. Hence after the worst of the wind between 8-9 in my area a train will ride the rails at 5mph looking for debris. If there is none then normal service can resume.

As several members of my family work for the train company I don't really care what your answer is I am glad Network Rail are doing the right thing.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Feels far too odd being in my robe at 8am instead of a train. Nothing happening for me till at least 9am, even then looking at 1 1/2h-2h to get in. Will see what happens in an hour or so.

Wind last night was enough to wake me up at 3am, but nothing like "omg we're going to die"

Mmmm, or I take an alternate route and go via Underground.. Ponder.

Job

Headlines today..Shutdown..40,000 homes without electricity.
22540000 homes in England /Wales....so 22500000 still ok.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
No trains for me until at least midday so I'm sacking it off

Nate

FH is my second home
My letter box in my door has been flapping about all night. put some duct tape on that mother fucker!

FUCK YOU NATURE

Embattle

FH is my second home
People think local but travel through regions only to apply their local weather to every region which is rather ignorant. The weather in your local area is not the weather of a region of the country, here we've got blustery wind although nothing massive and sun shine but elsewhere it is worse.

My blood test got cancelled because the phlebotomist travels by train and can't get to the health clinic, I figured it might happen yesterday when I heard the trains would be late starting. Shit happens and they gave me an appointment for next week.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The headlines should be "SOUTHERNERS WHINGE ABOUT HAVING NORTHERN WEATHER".

Soft gits.

rynnor

Rockhound
We had a worse storm locally last week than this - that one damaged my shed roof and had proper howling wind and hail hammering the windows - this one you could barely hear - gusting a bit but no visible damage locally.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I slept through it but my Bro said it woke him up. There is a lot of debris around outside to be fair. This is in Southampton and they did say the south coast would have the worst of itm

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Just cycled to the shop to get some lunch, thought to myself 'it's quite a nice day, i might go for a proper cycle'. 2 seconds later i slipped on some leaves going round a corner and fell off. Mission aborted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom