News 90mph winds to batter UK on Monday

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
original.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
It is fish and chip Friday at work. The boss is going to go buy us all a portion of chips. Plenty of salt and onion vinegar for me please :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Shit - now I'm really hungry - there was only 1 heel end piece of bread left for my breakfast toast today :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!

/daily mail

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had fish and chips last night, with a spam fritter on the side. Was very nice. Perfectly cooked chips, nice size bit of cod, marvelous.

rynnor

Rockhound
I had fish and chips last night, with a spam fritter on the side. Was very nice. Perfectly cooked chips, nice size bit of cod, marvelous.

I'm going to drown in my own drool now - I hope you're satisfied :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Never pay attention to newspaper alerts about bad weather.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Seems some inflation to the official figures by the media naturally.

rynnor

Rockhound
Meteo group are showing 44mph peak here in Herts but 65mph in Cornwall and the south coast which will cause damage.

Poag

m00?
Just got severe weather warnings into the various hospitals I work with, mondays gonna be fun....oh wait i'm off! Ha de har

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Just got severe weather warnings into the various hospitals I work with, mondays gonna be fun....oh wait i'm off! Ha de har

And you just jinxed yourself. I'm willing to bet someone calls in sick and you get the "We need your help!!" phone call.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
When we get an inch or two of snow in London all the airports close down, trains don't run, and half the workforce decide they'd sooner be at home and don't bother making it into work. I think we can expect the same if this storm does in fact arrive.

rynnor

Rockhound
Major leaf drop - could be handy to have the lot down at once rather than sweeping them up for months (as long as the whole tree doesn't come down too).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Isn't 90mph winds around 40m/s, which would be hurricane levels8international windpseed levels)? Seems a bit off :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Guys check your trainlines as a lot are suspending services till 9:00am. They are then going to check no lines have broken before resuming service so you could be waiting ages.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
DEPT: 8:05am train from SUO
ARV: 9:20pm at ZFD..

Wow. Wonder if National Rail will pay for my tickets for the alternate journey?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Guys check your trainlines as a lot are suspending services till 9:00am. They are then going to check no lines have broken before resuming service so you could be waiting ages.
Yup. I'm toying with the idea of just not going in. My boss and his boss are both off so no one will ever know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom