Impressed 8k gaming

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not really sure what the point is unless you've got a 100" screen or something that fills an entire wall...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not really sure what the point is unless you've got a 100" screen or something that fills an entire wall...
Thats the point. Think he even says that in the video. Just that its possible.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is there like a calculator somewhere that can show the maximum pixel resolution the human eye can detect by screen size/distance and I guess...refresh rate? I kind of feel like for desktop distance to the average living room we can't be far off.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Is there like a calculator somewhere that can show the maximum pixel resolution the human eye can detect by screen size/distance and I guess...refresh rate? I kind of feel like for desktop distance to the average living room we can't be far off.
From what i saw 8k is good from about 2-3 feet away. You can spot the pixels from about 18 inches.

4 k you need to be 4 feet or closer to see more detail than hd iirc.

its definitely diminishing returns and 8k has no interest for me at the moment.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I read somewhere that the limit is pretty much 16k

That has some info about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
refresh rate
I understand the average human can see a small detectable difference up to about 150hz and then the law of "you can't fucking see it" applies. (I always loved my 120hz CRT - it was like it was painted on).

Which makes me giggle with these 244hz monitors - but I guess as long as they don't start marketing 500hz monitors or some shit...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I understand the average human can see a small detectable difference up to about 150hz and then the law of "you can't fucking see it" applies. (I always loved my 120hz CRT - it was like it was painted on).

Which makes me giggle with these 244hz monitors - but I guess as long as they don't start marketing 500hz monitors or some shit...

It won't be long until Musk starts selling super high definition eye replacements.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I agree. Loved my crt. Much better for screen tearing. shame they cannot make something similar but smaller these days. it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom