7 Caster/1 Mend Healer Attempt On Dragon

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya,

Ok the goal is to killl the dragon in 60 seconds, you will see why in a second. There is a good likely hood we will all die. Ok 1st off I would like to know if the characters exist on the server with the necessary skill base.

You MUST have the following.

Augmented Acuity 3 (1,3,6 = 10 RA Points)
Majestic Will 3 (6,10,14 = 30 RA Points)
MCL 2 (3,6 = 9 RA Points)
& Raging Power would be good OR Mastery Of Magery 3 (10 RA Points)

plus access to a lvl 47 buffbot & 1 Power Totem.

That means you need to be at least RR5+, given todays Tank orientated combat, there aren't that many, so if you have a caster stuck in the dark parts of your character slots, then this could be a good PVE respec for you.

I am looking for the following.

1. Dark SM (Dark must be 47/48 I think - 15 second Spirit Debuff and use of lifetap for damage).
2. Supp SM (PBAOE) /stick to dragon to find centre of dragon
3. Supp SM (PBAOE) /Stick to dragon to find centre of dragon
4. Supp RM (6 Sec PBT and use Energy on dragon)
5. Dark Carver RM (Cold Debuff and use Darkness for attack)
6. Dark RM (Either 47/26 (PBT) or 50 Dark)
7. Dark RM (Either 47/26 (PBT) or 50 Dark)
8. Mend Healer

+ Warrior to stun the dragon :)

1. .......
2. Svenfleet (MW3, MCL 2, Raging Power)
3. .......
4. Animus (??? MW3, MCL2 ???)
5. Shatzia (RA's to be confirmed)
6. Valr (MW3, MCL 2)
7. SkarIronfist (MW3, MCL 2)
8. otho

Ok, you may be asking what chance we have, god knows. But in the last dragon raid, Svenfleet and myself logged over 4.5 K of damage in 60 seconds and we did shift the health bar quite a bit (I appreciate that all the tanks had the dragons attention). Svenfleet would have done more, if he could have worked out where the centre of the dragon was, which is why the use /stick to start.

Problems I forsee - agro - Hopefully the caster can surive 1 blow long enough for healer to insta and take agro, and hopefully waste 10 seconds being killed by dragon. Remember we have 60 seconds.

Retrivers - Target is to kill Dragon before they have time to return with Prast and Klok etc.

Stun - haven't got a clue, not sure on radius/duration of Stun, it looks big.

If we can't kill the dragon in 60 seconds we are dead anyway.

Loot - 6 stones each + lotto for items.

Any comment on my madcap scheme.

Final note - Given the fast approach of TOA and the number of mobs that are classed as uber. Respecing to MW3 would give them a role in PVE. As a side note, supp sm (MW3), dark rm (MW3), aug healer, pac healer, shaman dropped Yar and (He didn't like being hit for 600+ per cast) Train in about 10 secs last night.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
thought it had been changed in this patch that the dragons couldnt be taken down with anything less than 3fg ....

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
My understanding is that the dragon scales to the number of people attacking it. So I read it as minimum level of dragon is 3 fgs, so if you go in with 8, then it will have a minimum level of 3 fgs worth of hps.

Otherwise I will put 16 buffbots in Dragons lair :)

Question - Does it (The Dragon) stop taking damage from the remaining 16, if 8 people die to a PBAOE?

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
bah, my SM is full dark, but only has mcl and serenity, ah well, time for me to go out and get some RP's

Herjulf

Banned
Yeah the dragons bahaviour has changed.
I do not think it will work tbh.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like a blast, id be up for it but im only 4l5

if ur short a moc supp sm lemme know :p

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
I recall thanes not using their own dmg in the old times since the dragon was immune to energy, so nuking as supp RM sucks :D but nuking dark with dragon debuffed aint that bad :D

About joining myself, I need to farm some more RP, and since this will only be done when I solo abit, it will not be to soon

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
All casters must have MW3 though for this to be viable. MOC is no good since the chance to interupt while its up is based upon the mobs level versus you.

On a side note, after the dragon raid yesterday me, skar, 2 healers, and 1 shammie killed yar and all adds within about 10 seconds. Just shows you what is possible when using majestic will.

We've also tried it on wow's, and were capping at 550+ damage once it was debuffed for cold. This is the thinking against the dragon, it has about 60% native resists to spell damage, and if that can be debuffed away, well think of the possibilities.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Skarionfist wrote,
Hopefully the caster can surive 1 blow long enough for healer to insta and take agro...

Would it not be better to let caster die, PR and then use instants to gain time? I probably get aggro from using PR, then I can try to use instants to keep myself alive a bit longer.

/Otho

btw, I will bring a 48 aug shammie bb as well

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
No. Sorry - better that the healer dies, since if the caster dies he loses Majestic will. Basically we need all casters hammering away.

Otho - look on the bright side, IF it works and you die, you get 6 stones for 1 death :)

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Im there with my runie, im almost rr6, should have enougs rps to spec the neccesary ra spec

darkcarvah btw

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, Still looking for 2 Looney SM's (1 Supp, 1 Dark (Important for Debuff)) and a Supp RM (6 Sec PBT).

Reason for the SM's ... If their pet when fully buffed can take 1 blow before dying, then it gives time for at least 2 more casts.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
SkarIronfist said:
No. Sorry - better that the healer dies, since if the caster dies he loses Majestic will. Basically we need all casters hammering away.

Otho - look on the bright side, IF it works and you die, you get 6 stones for 1 death :)

I am not afraid of dying first in a fight, I am a healer and I am used to it :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ani,

Do you have MW3 + MCL 2? Basically need all casters to be hitting the dragon.

BigBlackClock

Banned
for the raid leader :
1 -Warrior stunning gjalpil: i think its not gonna happen only him hitting plus some SM pets [ to hit code /slam without bonus to hit]
2 -Pbaoes: even with capped resists the dragon pbaoes are deadly and she pbaoe FOR SURE when she is at 10% if i remember correctly
3 -Aoe stun : that issue can be solved with purge but still interrupts some
4 -Seers : havent read the whole thread , but 1 seer isnt enough o_O

Good luck with raid btw .

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
ive got gini ;O
rr5Lsomething full supp runie
prolly has some ra respec left ;o
and skill respec too if needed i guess ;DD

R

razzim

how did it turn out?
mw + debuff sounds interesting vs high lvl mobs.

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
It hasn't happened yet, still missing a few casters. However checkout this thread with links to movies showing its possible!

WTF owning epic mobs :eek2:

Just takes alittle vision to make this possible, and you'll be able to get so many respec stones you'll be able to respec back and forth whenever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom