4 man group setup [MID]

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hi guys, me and 3 friends are starting daoc soon and are going to make a 4 man xp group. I've played for years, but not in the past few months, and 2 of my friends have played before up to level 45 or so. The other is a complete newbie.

Anyway I was just wondering about a group setup. I thought that a Healer, Shaman and 2 Warriors would be best, but 1 of my friends wants to play a Zerk. Would healer/shammy/warrior/zerk be a good setup? I haven't played with darkness rising etc so I don't know whats new. Anyone got any tips?

Cheers!

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to XP then 2 Sm's, a shammy and a pac healer would be alot faster.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Im guessing pac healer, shaman and sm would be the best way to go

Throw in another sm for fastness or a zerker if your friend really wants to play that

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, they want to play tanks though, and since they are quite newbish I think tank would be simpler for the start.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
healer shammy warrior zerk should be fine
try and get celerity on healer to speed it up at higher levels though

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmae said:
healer shammy warrior zerk should be fine
try and get celerity on healer to speed it up at higher levels though

/agree

Couple of months ago we started on midgard with 6 people. We played Shaman, Pachealer, Aughealer, Zerker, Zerker, Skald... we flew through taskdungeons

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks guys, we've settled on Healer, Shammy and 2x Warriors.

I've not played a seer much, apart from bot, so I don't know about the spec. What would you recommend for the Healer and Shaman? I guess the Warriors are 50 weapon (which weapon though?) 50 shield 28 parry, but for the seers I've no idea.

Thanks again :D

Himse

FH is my second home
Mobius said:
Thanks guys, we've settled on Healer, Shammy and 2x Warriors.

I've not played a seer much, apart from bot, so I don't know about the spec. What would you recommend for the Healer and Shaman? I guess the Warriors are 50 weapon (which weapon though?) 50 shield 28 parry, but for the seers I've no idea.

Thanks again :D

one warrior go sword, the other hammer for the different damage types.

healer 40 mend 36 aug? or 39mend 37 aug? depends really suppose you'd like celerity.

shaman 46 aug 27 (ish) cave, rest mend...

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
one warrior go sword, the other hammer for the different damage types.

healer 40 mend 36 aug? or 39mend 37 aug? depends really suppose you'd like celerity.

shaman 46 aug 27 (ish) cave, rest mend...

What he said only I would have the tanks go the same damage type and have them use the same champion weapon so they're debuffing each other's damage type :p

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but they don't have champ weapons till lvl50 and he's making an XP group so your advice is of no help at all........

my advice is to pick a dmg type and research some mobs weak to that dmg for each lvl range.Shammie goes aug all the way,healer mend till 20 then start putting some of you points in aug while still rasing healing every few lvls.

go out and see a bit of the world aswell,try instances inside dungeons your lvl instead of sticking to boring same skinned task dungeons all the time.it's fine to use these but going on an adventure while help the new fella you have fall in love with the game the same way us old timers did :)

and my last and final bit of advice HAVE FUN!!!!!!:worthy:

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Punj said:
yeah but they don't have champ weapons till lvl50 and he's making an XP group so your advice is of no help at all........

That's pretty crude.

Besides, you'll need to earn CL-xp for your champion-levels at lvl 50 so you'll be better off having the same weapon-types.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Might find 2 warr's make the xp a bit boring healer and shammy will tend to be doing very little and warriors dont have the best dps out there so mobs can sometimes take a while to take down I would prefer to have 1 light tank for better dps.

Askr

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with above poster, but on the other hand 2x twohand warriors with Celerity will put out quite some damage, not like you need any kind of shield tank to go thru task dungeons :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
With that setup i'd advise the warriors to use 2-handed for leveling.
Not only would they put out more damage but they would need some healing so the 2 healing classes might manage to stay awake.

B

Biggilus

yea 2 warriors would be slower and also the pac healer would have an AFK trip from 1-50 :p
try a zerker or savage instead of the second warrior

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
If you plan on taking that 4-man team out for RvR, one of the tanks has to be a skald for speed and SoS.

In fact I think one of the best 4-man setups both for RvR and PvE would be healer, shaman, thane and skald. And healer probably should go tri-spec in some form. haste/celerity is essential for 2h tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom