3rd ML and Stealther Balance.

What ML line will you pick as a stealther in 1.84?

• I don’t play a stealther.

Votes: 75 28.4%
  • I’m an assassin and will stay Spymaster.

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • I’m an archer and will stay Sojourner.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I’m an assassin and will switch to Sojourner.

Votes: 47 17.8%
  • I’m an archer and will switch to Warlord.

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • I’m an assassin and will stay Battlemaster or Stormlord.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • I’m an archer and will stay Battlemaster.

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
3rd ML lines.

Do you think the 3rd ML line will unbalance the stealther wars?
Will you switch or stay?
How do you think the 3rd ML line will change stealther fights?

Would be nice as an archer to get pets off ya....

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Xajorkith said:
3rd ML lines.

Do you think the 3rd ML line will unbalance the stealther wars?
Will you switch or stay?
How do you think the 3rd ML line will change stealther fights?

Would be nice as an archer to get pets off ya....

you ever try and beat a warguard mincer?
Archers with warlord will be silly

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
Warlord should be removed from all stealthers including winstrels, but if winstrels will keep it which they will, then i am happy rangers get it.

illu

Part of the furniture
These are the ones that I am interested in:

All I can see is that the tanks are going to become impossible to kill with pretty much all of them having Warlord.
The stealthzergs will be able to FZ you more if some go for Sojourner.
Necros are already melee immune practically and now they want to add Warlord LOL
And Rangers that have PD+WH+Battler, basically 1 free lot of RPs every time these are up + Warlord = ridiculous.

The game is becoming stupid. Just what are assassins meant to be able to kill after this patch??????

Infiltrator Spymaster Battlemaster Sojourner

Mercenary Battlemaster Banelord Warlord

Minstrel Warlord Sojourner battlemaster

Necromancer Convoker Stormlord Warlord

Nightshade Spymaster Stormlord Sojourner

Ranger Battlemaster Sojourner Warlord

Hunter Sojourner Battlemaster Warlord

Shadowblade Spymaster Battlemaster Sojourner

Sojourner Abilities
1 Unburdened Warrior - Bonus Encumberance
2 Unending Breath - group water breathing
3 Reveal Crystalseed - Sweep Mine
4 Unmake Crystalseed - Disable Mine
5 Ancient Transmuter - Summons vendor for maybe a minute, summonable once every hour or so
6 Gateway - teleport to caster's bindpoint
7 Resistance of the Ancients - resistance to master level magic abilities
8 Forceful Zephyr - summons pet that drags enemy to GT
9 Phase Shift - Become immune to damage for 10 seconds, but cannot attack. Costs 50 fatigue
10 Mass Gateway - teleport entire group back to caster's last bind point

Warlord Abilities
1 Siege Master - reduce all siege timers (load/aim/fire) by 30%
2 Bolstering Battlecry - heal power, fatigue, and health by 10% of max
3 Cowering Bellow - frighten realm enemy monsters, to stop interrupting friendly casters
4 Resillient Will - next spell cast on nearby allies has additional 5% chance to miss
5 Guided Strike - next attack from nearby allies has +10% chance to crit
6 Energizing Aura - 20% discount on fatigue costs for nearby allies
7 Cleansing Aura - Reduce strength of DoTs on nearby allies by 10 points every 3 seconds
8 Defending Martyr - sacrifice health to heal allies
9 Leadership - raise levels of friends for dmg calcs
10 Warguard - + 25% ABS buff, pbaoe

Battlemaster Abilities
1 Sapping Strike - any weapon style that has med dmg, high cost, bonus to hit,penalty to defense, blinds target for 5 seconds (no resistances applied)
2 Faultfinder - +10% Parry/+10% Evade/-35% Dmg Stance (intended to be comboed with Bodyguard or Parry Guard)
3 Power Leak - any weapon style that costs 100 fatigue (full fatigue), when it hits an object, damage isn't divided by 30
4 Grapple - any weapon style that drains 50 fatigue, does low damage, has bonus to hit, penalty to defense
5 Essence Flames - any weapon style that drains 35% of the target's current power, does low damage, has bonus to hit, penalty to defense
6 Throw Weapon - do a ranged attack at 700 range using melee damage formulas; cannot attack with normal melee for two full rounds (based on weapon's attack timer) afterwards
7 Essence Sear - style that chains off of Essence Flames, procs an Essence resist debuff on nearby enemies
8 Bodyguard - Defensive chances (evade/parry) are reduced by 20%, but target of bodyguard can't be attacked in melee until bodyguard is killed or moves out of range.
9 Essence Dampen - Style that procs a PBAE suppress that reduces the value of strength/con buffs by 40, removing them if they go below zero.
10 Essence Shatter - removes a random buff from an opponent, AE

Oli - Illu

Jarumda

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
The game is becoming stupid. Just what are assassins meant to be able to kill after this patch??????

Haha silly Illu, you dont actually believe that assassins are supposed to be able to kill anything? Clearly Mythic want us removed from the game, and are just thinking of was to fuck us over :).

Can't wait to meet that first BG mincer+infil duo :kissit:

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
not like its anything new that mythic hates stealthers, and now they hate tanks too, will only be caster+support left

i couldnt help to notice that you left minstrel out of the poll....

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I agree assassins will get the worst out of this by far, as almost all regular soloers melee will now go warlord. The stealth zergs will probably still be a mix of sojourner and BM, but 1v1 assassins really do lose out.

Crap deal for minstrel too, now all the classes who already had much stronger DPS can also get similar or better defense, with the exception of assassins ;) I don't expect to see many solo assassins or minstrels if this goes through.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Mentalist Stormlord Warlord Convoker
thats gonna be fun :fluffle:
think its a lil strange if animists,bainshee's and chanters get perfector tho but i guess that wont be so bad pve wise.
giving warlord to almost every tank is gonna hurt, necros will be pretty much impossible to kill for tanks but since there arent that many active ones it wont bea problem.

think this will change alot of thing tbh :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
so archers is out ot the question for assassins now?

Especially rangers

X

xGenocidex

Game is getting pathetic i admit... wonder what they'll add next.. knowing mythics intelligence they'll probably give tanks 2 instant 100% heals and claim "all they need now is a blue suit with a red S on!"

auroria

Banned
oh plz, yes, lets get assasins with zephyr

/sarcasm off

on my ns i will definately keep my spymaster for mezz poison and poisonspike, such nice dmg in that one. Quite silly that all casters are getting perfector, and will be able to cure their ns though

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
are they fooking kidding me? they are giving NS's sojourner lol...that must be the most useless one we can get yet. I really expected to get battlemaster for duoing...

i'll be staying spymaster

edit: haha and they give mercs warlord too? Glad i'm rolling classic :)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
are they fooking kidding me? they are giving NS's sojourner lol...that must be the most useless one we can get yet. I really expected to get battlemaster for duoing...

i'll be staying spymaster

edit: haha and they give mercs warlord too? Glad i'm rolling classic :)

Aye saw that aswell, bit silly :p

However, aslong as they keep the interupt facter in banelord there is still no reason to spec anything else. as even solo you can wipe out small casters grps which is what you tend to meet anyway so. Merc defense is fine anyway.

But combining warguard and battler on a class that has insane dmg output is going a tad to far. Personally i dont think the game needs a third ml line, I am happy with the game as it is apart from a few class imbalances. This just shifts the game onto more uneven terms in small scale rvr. Cant see the game being that fun really with every frigging meleer under the sun having warguard. Will be dull if you ask me. They wanting everyone to play casters or what? as melee dmg is becoming less and less effective there is not much reason left to play a tank in rvr.

Ah well usually like change, however, I dont think this is a change we'd miss if it wasnt introduced :).

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
It is plain sick.

Assasins will be obsolete completely in favor of Rangers and, to a lesser extent, Hunters. Why? Bcoz there's little point in playing so-called Assasin when another dude can do it better, as he doesnt have poisons - but has accees to nice ranged dmg, better stealth detection, same level melee dmg and able to triple their melee survivability when needed.

B

Betrayal

So are your friends wls pip :> Get ready for some serious ping pong in FZ on that brinja bridge :p
Was really fun to keep shoot your bt down couple days ago when was irvr in hib and see you patroling the bridge :p Sort of a remote control :p

pip

Banned
Betrayal said:
So are your friends wls pip :> Get ready for some serious ping pong in FZ on that brinja bridge :p
Was really fun to keep shoot your bt down couple days ago when was irvr in hib and see you patroling the bridge :p Sort of a remote control :p
Ye, folk love to kill me wonder why:eek7:

Ps... worst thing about patch notes is you no they will pee you of, but you wait for it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
new to playing a stealther (not quite 50 yet) but i think i will stick with spymaster, although phaseshift seems nice to make FGs waste their mana for a bit.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Isnt Europe Daco Community much bigger than Americans?
Mythic should change the game like the European Daoc Community wants it.

and i doesnt want sojourner assasins.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Im considering switching to warlord, however, not for melee survivability as most people think, but more for the ML3 ability to scare pets. I currently die more to OP Casters than i do assassins (although they do kill me on a regular basis) and nothing annoys me more than some pet chasing me forever.

If i give up sojourner, what am i really giving up. Sojourner has Free water breathing, Porting, FZ and Phaseshift going for it. Porting has been replaced with the port stones, water breathing isnt as vital as people think, FZ is counterable in many ways and is far from a certain kill like it used to be so that really only leaves Phaseshift (which btw is a wonderful ability albeit on a 15 min timer).

Edit: Oops omitted resistance of the ancients, which tbh i rarely ever used.

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine fighting a battlemaster minstrel as assasin, dd dd, grapple, wave some at eachother, do whatever you do, stun, swing, swing, swing, dd dd, regrapple, pattern forming here anyone? ;>

NeLSoN

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine caster (specially banshee, SM, the chars who dont have any pet for use ml9) if they go to perfect, they can remove himself ns so fastly with 400+dex also cure disease, then the spreaders can get other line of ml, new system of play

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
NeLSoN said:
Imagine caster (specially banshee, SM, the chars who dont have any pet for use ml9) if they go to perfect, they can remove himself ns so fastly with 400+dex also cure disease, then the spreaders can get other line of ml, new system of play

Which is only good imo, Soj Cleric inc!

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
NeLSoN said:

What have you been smoking? SM dont have any use of pet ml9? i think thats supposed to be RM mate ; )

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Guess it's time to nerf warguard like they did banespike. 10% abs perhaps and make it not stack with Battler.
Then make the zephyred target immune to damage, make the zephyr travel in a straight line from the caster without a required GT and put it on a 10 min timer, maybe even 5.
Fixed!

Though that would make too much sense for Mythic to do it.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I understand your feeling, will also effectively cripple my chances as a roaming bow ranger.
Assassins with Sojourner, so much for doing damage from range, i want to be an archer not a damn blade melee ranger, having trouble thinking of any target i can risk attacking now.

[edit] Gahn remember that the resistance gets changed to a decent long lasting group effect so its acutally group friendly now.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
Guess it's time to nerf warguard like they did banespike. 10% abs perhaps and make it not stack with Battler.
Then make the zephyred target immune to damage, make the zephyr travel in a straight line from the caster without a required GT and put it on a 10 min timer, maybe even 5.
Fixed!

And give certain classes a bigger advantage. (Eg. minstrel shouts timers would resets where an archer for instance could stand there looking stupid.)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Solari said:
And give certain classes a bigger advantage. (Eg. minstrel shouts timers would resets where an archer for instance could stand there looking stupid.)
If you're talking about an archer zephyring a minstrel, at least the archer then wouldn't have to fight a minstrel with battler+warguard(44 extra ABS)?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
Fixed!

Warguard is a bit OP'ed
I dont want to see archers with it

FZ aint all that great tbh
I've survived 2 FZ's in a row when I jumped equal/higher 2 scouts, one ran away on 2% hits, the other had to IP.
FZ is nastiest in the hands of a spear hunter imo.
Classes like SM's and necros are only killable for archers thanks to FZ.
I dont have FZ btw, I got as far as water breathing and that was it, but if hunters, rangers and scouts get warguard the gulf between those with ML's and those without is gonna get huge.

They should just scrap the 3rd option idea alltogether and concentrate on balancing the existing game.
If specific classes needed extra ML options then look at those classes, the stealth game should be left out of this imo.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Zephyr may not be all that with the classes that have it now, but will be quite nasty on VWs and tics.
If they would reduce the recast timer, fix the bugs and make it easier to cast, it would still be a usefull ability, but not ridiculous on the "wrong" classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom