360 prices

Starman

Part of the furniture
Personally I would say yes, downloading all the stuff from the Marketplace etc with the free demos. You'll save the money it cost in the year by not buying shit games :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
another Q, how do i find out if my TV supports 60HZ mode? i dont want to buy games that wont work :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just change it to 60hz mode and if you get a picture it works. Majority of TV's should support it.

Go to display settings and just select the 60hz option, it will do a if you see this message press ok to keep new setting test.

tris-

Ch3tan said:
Just change it to 60hz mode and if you get a picture it works. Majority of TV's should support it.

Go to display settings and just select the 60hz option, it will do a if you see this message press ok to keep new setting test.

is there anyway to test the tv before buying the console? my tv is at least 3 yrs old i believe.

edit: ah i just searched for the model number which shows this -

Category:
Widescreen Television
Brand:
Hitachi
Screen size:
28''
Frequency:
50 Hertz

so i assume the frequency it mentions there is the one that is important here?

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
is there anyway to test the tv before buying the console? my tv is at least 3 yrs old i believe.

edit: ah i just searched for the model number which shows this -

Category:
Widescreen Television
Brand:
Hitachi
Screen size:
28''
Frequency:
50 Hertz

so i assume the frequency it mentions there is the one that is important here?

An NTSC signal is typically 60hz so if yu've got anything that'll send an NTSC signal to your telly you can test it. Region 1 DVD (assuming your DVD player doesn't output NTSC in PAL in which case you'll notice a very slight hiccup every few seconds on slow panning shots.).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aada said:
if you aren't connecting to LIVE. No.

I'd disagree, it will cost you more to upgrade later, you may as well get the pro console with hardrive, HD AV cable and wireless controller now. Plus with the core console you still have to go out and spend money on a memory card.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
I'd disagree, it will cost you more to upgrade later, you may as well get the pro console with hardrive, HD AV cable and wireless controller now. Plus with the core console you still have to go out and spend money on a memory card.

At the end of the day it all comes down to what you are going to do with it.

If you are connecting to LIVE then the HDD is a must.

If you are not then its not worth getting until you want to use LIVE because a memory card is more then good enough for saving games.

tris-

ive been out and bought it now, my dad said im mad.

i got
the premium console
2 wireless controllers
PGR3
just cause
dead rising
king kong

for 330 ish

i take it you can play DVDs on this out the box?

tris-

and before you slate me, i didnt choose to get kong. he wouldnt let me swap it out for something worth while :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Kong is meant to be a good bash while it lasts. Good deal. Where was that bundle from?

It's expensive for a console, tbh I wouldnt have got mine if I hadnt got it with 20% off from work.

tris-

Ch3tan said:
Kong is meant to be a good bash while it lasts. Good deal. Where was that bundle from?

from GAME no less. i also had 7.50 worth of points to use and they let me use that for discount and then i also got 7.50 back from that purchase. seemed reasonable to me :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
GAME also let you trade in old xboxes and ps2's for a very fair price. More than you get on ebay most of the time.

Aada

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
ive been out and bought it now, my dad said im mad.

i got
the premium console
2 wireless controllers
PGR3
just cause
dead rising
king kong

for 330 ish

i take it you can play DVDs on this out the box?

Nice deal man, i wouldn't be too ashamed of KK you'll have 1k gamerpoints by the end of the day :p

I plan on picking it up myself from Gamestation for a fiver :D

tris-

Deacan said:
Do you plan to sign up to Live?

i got the trial period thingy in the box. only problem is routing the ethernet cable from my bedroom to my entertainments room. only next door but still, its longer than youd think.

Nice deal man, i wouldn't be too ashamed of KK you'll have 1k gamerpoints by the end of the day :p

what do you mean by 1k gamerpoints? soz im all noob to this 360 stuff, is it something real? :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
i got the trial period thingy in the box. only problem is routing the ethernet cable from my bedroom to my entertainments room. only next door but still, its longer than youd think.

what do you mean by 1k gamerpoints? soz im all noob to this 360 stuff, is it something real? :p

You'll find out :p

tris-

so far it seems dead rising is quite uber indeed. though ive got a lot to learn and probably need to restart it several times before i know what the fuck is going on.

kong is actually alright.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
just remember to save often on dead rising, as fun as it is it's still quite a challenging (at times) survival horror :D

tris-

i can never find a bastard save place.

also ive put this stupid teddy head on my dude. it was funny to start with but now i dont how the fuck to take it off?
any ideas?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
i can never find a bastard save place.

also ive put this stupid teddy head on my dude. it was funny to start with but now i dont how the fuck to take it off?
any ideas?

find the place where you got the teddy head - it's somehwere in paridise Plaza if I remember correctly :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well anyone ever had probs with dead rising saves? i wa splaying ti earlier today.
got munched to death by zombies and selected save and quit. now i cant start off from where i left. i have to start new game from the begining

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Yaka said:
well anyone ever had probs with dead rising saves? i wa splaying ti earlier today.
got munched to death by zombies and selected save and quit. now i cant start off from where i left. i have to start new game from the begining

It says "save character and start from beginning" or something, I mistook it for save and quit at first too cuz' I just read the start of the sentence :S

Altho it helps being higher level anyway

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
~Latency~ said:
It says "save character and start from beginning" or something, I mistook it for save and quit at first too cuz' I just read the start of the sentence :S

I did exactly the same thing :X

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Use your map to find save points, you can save in any rest room or the hideout.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
Use your map to find save points, you can save in any rest room or the hideout.

Yeah there is a save point in every section of the mall :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
Yeah there is a save point in every section of the mall :)

it's not possible to save at the toilets in the endless mode though, is it?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wonk said:
it's not possible to save at the toilets in the endless mode though, is it?

No thats different from the 72 hour mode.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
~Latency~ said:

ide really like to bitch slap someone at capcom for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom