32 Bot maps - with 30 player maps !

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1699818

Im more commonly active over on DAOC, but I play BF2 quite a bit too, found this mod last night. Its not quite the 32 player maps, but they ARE bigger than the 16 maps and have more vehicles/copters/planes.

bit buggy in places (dont hop in the aa on the carrier on oman for example), and its a bit of a resource pig (yeah even over bf2s piggishness),

but hey, its a chance to practice with the vehicles in a more 'real' situation whilst offline

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
cheers. I seriously need to learn how to fly sans joystick :/

Athan

Resident Freddy
I never could get used to flying with joystick in BF1942, not bothered to try yet in BF2. My main problem is that whilst it's 'more sensitive' and easier to make tighter turns that higher sensitivity means I can't aim for shit.

I'll stick with keyboard and mouse. There aren't THAT many people that can shoot me down if I spot them in time, so it'll do. I'll just let the uber joystick flyers pwn me when I run out of mousepad in a tight turn :p.

-Ath

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
heheh I can't fly to save my life :(

actually, it's more the landing that's rather sudden and drastic :/

Athan

Resident Freddy
"Any landing you can walk away from ..." :).

In BF2 it's mostly a waste of time trying to land the planes, they stall at too high a speed and it's easier to just overfly the carrier/runway a few times to rearm/repair.

With choppers they've made it easy compared to Desert Combat. Just let go of the throttle and pull up a little, you'll come to a hover. The trick then is judging when to do this to end up over the helipad. Using decel/backwards does actually 'drop' you some too which can help with lining it up.

In DC you more or less had to learn in the blackhawk as it was a lot more forgiving, the attack choppers being frisky thoroughbreds. In BF2 you can probably grab any chopper and I actually think the attack choppers would be easier to learn in.

You also need to get controls set right. *DO* set mouse (if using it) sensitivity higher for air than on the ground/vehicles. And also set the Yaw slider to 10 (yes, max), and the Pitch to at least 5 (I think I have it on 6, any higher and I yoyo a little lining up for shots in that axis). Play around with those three settings until it feels right.

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom