MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks on track to fuck with the rift.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Want this so much!
To do what with? Play the two or three rushed out games that supports it? There won't be enough games with proper support for this crap for a long LONG time (if ever) to justify the purchase..

Wait for this to actually become "a thing" with the games developers before you waste money on it. And i wouldn't be at all surprised if this didn't catch on at all with the devs/publishers that doesn't have an invested interest in it doing so...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To do what with? Play the two or three rushed out games that supports it?

Support is easy from a VR headset point of view. It's simply a different display output, so theoretically if you have the hardware oomph practically everything in 3d is relatively easy to port...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wait for this to actually become "a thing" with the games developers

It is a "thing" already, know a few devs who are experimenting/creating stuff already. As long as hardware sales keep up, set of games are poised to follow suite.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Support is easy from a VR headset point of view. It's simply a different display output, so theoretically if you have the hardware oomph practically everything in 3d is relatively easy to port...
Surely there's the whole input side as well. Just having displays on your face isn't enough, you want rotation and translation to follow your head too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Surely there's the whole input side as well. Just having displays on your face isn't enough, you want rotation and translation to follow your head too.
That'll probably be handled by whatever software runs the VR headset. A bit like mouse look. It's certainly not something you'd expect games to code for - they simply would need to accept a standardised set of inputs...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It is a "thing" already, know a few devs who are experimenting/creating stuff already. As long as hardware sales keep up, set of games are poised to follow suite.

Sorry mate but that does not make this "a thing".. :)

Sure but how much would that cost the consumers? Would we need to buy a new graphics card to connect the headsets to as well?

It's not just a matter of how easy or hard it is for the devs to do. It's also based on how much money WE have to fork out to have that experience..

And there aren't that many people that DO have the hardware oomph to run this. So the devs are going to look at that cost as well to see if it's worth their effort...

If it won't increase their games sales they won't bother with it no matter how easy it is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sorry mate but that does not make this "a thing".. :)

It does for the developers, which i replied to.

If it won't increase their games sales they won't bother with it no matter how easy it is.

May be true for the larger deveelopers, or publishers, doesn't exclude the fact that indies for example do what they feel is best for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom