300mb fibre from BT

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I see they've started to advertise it, not sure how far up the country its enabled yet though, anyone have a decent website to check exchange activation dates?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can check on the BT website.

They aren't doing it in my area yet :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not in mine either, likely won't be around here for awhile as its a small village.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Same here, I think I will be stuck on fibre to box, copper to house until I move. I would rather kill myself than move to a town or city though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The monthly rental price (£38 +vat – before additional ISP costs are applied) of FTTPoD is effectively the same as FTTP but it also comes with a fixed £500 one-off installation fee, which is in addition to a distance-based construction charge that will vary depending on how far away your home or business is from BT’s nearest NGA Aggregation Node (these are usually situated in the ground and close to your local street cabinet).

BTOpenreach estimates that more than half of premises (55%) will incur a distance based charge of between £200 – £1000 and “virtually all other premises” will face a charge of between £1,400 – £3,500.

Sucks but, I'll still get it when it's available.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
My exchange is fibre enabled, but as you know, BT are unwilling to upgrade a lot of cabinets. What a fucking waste of time in upgrading the exchange then.

Athan

Resident Freddy
My exchange is fibre enabled, but as you know, BT are unwilling to upgrade a lot of cabinets. What a fucking waste of time in upgrading the exchange then.
Indeed :( . After some chasing around with my local councillor, someone in the council who deals with BDUK stuff and then her contact at BT Openreach... it looks like my BT cabinet won't get upgraded to FTTC due to BT not thinking it commercially viable, but Virgin already offering 'fibre' speeds to the area so BDUK won't touch it either. So I get the choice of (excellent, for the tech, 22Mbps sync) ADSL or dealing with Vermin Media :upyours: .

I can live with 18Mbps application level downloads, but it would be nice to have more than 1Mbps upload for those times when the housemate decides to upload a couple of albums of pictures to Flickr whilst I'm online gaming....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom