TV 26 Incher

leggy

Probably Scottish
Hello Friends :)

I'm one of those people who hate large TVs and my current 32" LCD is starting to display significant ghosting; so I'm looking for a new 26" TV (as even the 32" was too large). I'm not fussed about Smart features as I have external hardware which does everything I need, so my criteria is limited to: Small, great picture, decent refresh rate and looks aesthetically good. Oh, and I'd prefer not to pay more than £800. I should also say that I don't watch broadcast TV, so built in tuners are irrelevant.

Any suggestions here would be most welcome :)

Cheers

leggy

Probably Scottish
Having a quick whizz through the word wide web, it seems that a decent 26" TV is difficult to find so I have upped my requirement to 32" (sigh).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm in the same boat Leggy. I don't actually watch tv other than the occasional film, and one finds onesself somewhat shafted if in the market for a small telly :-/

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Lol, we just bought a 32 inch Bravia.....for the bedroom :) it's pretty sweet, was 350 from Amazon. Can't remember the model number, think it's one of the 6 series models though. Picture is stunning, knocks the LG in the living room for 6.

We've also had a Panasonic 32 in our demo room at work, also very impressive. Stick to one of those 2 brands you can't go far wrong really.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Lol, we just bought a 32 inch Bravia.....for the bedroom :) it's pretty sweet, was 350 from Amazon. Can't remember the model number, think it's one of the 6 series models though. Picture is stunning, knocks the LG in the living room for 6.

We've also had a Panasonic 32 in our demo room at work, also very impressive. Stick to one of those 2 brands you can't go far wrong really.

Is it this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL32W...qid=1390508684&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+bravia+32

Currently top of the list

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yep that's the one.

soze

I am a FH squatter
LG do a 27 inch TV. I can not find many reviews on this one though. Two of my friends have LG TV's and they are absolutely beautiful after you spend the time to tweak the settings.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aye, a mate says the same of his...samsung? there are entire guides on youtube and such on how to tweak the diverse tv's. imo that should not be needed or is that just me? why doesn't a tv, especially the expensive ones, just look awesome right off the bat?*

*tdc understands brightness and contrast, that's not what he means

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have thought the same. I spent a month being rather underwhelmed by my Samsung till I went on that AV forum and found a set up thread. After an hour of trying various peoples settings it has looked great for nearly 4 years now. I don't know if the distance you sit or the angle or brightness in the room make a big difference which would make it difficult to ship it configured. But the shops get a config guide with Demo units why not include that with a line saying you will need to tweak it to fit your needs.

leggy

Probably Scottish
They are set up to look awesome in store against a backdrop of 30 other TVs (overly bright, with over saturated colours).. you should always calibrate your HD TV when you get it into the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom