Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh great, 0.3 down in the 84th minute...and he brings Slabhead on for Saka.

Righto.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
He just cannot react to a game.
Poch will be after a job soon. Got to be better than Southgate. I don't feel the need to give him credit either. We should have won the Euros and at least made the World Cup final. Poor decisions cost us.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why? 35 mil for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract, that's pretty tidy business. Klopp already has replacements.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why? 35 mil for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract, that's pretty tidy business. Klopp already has replacements.
Nothing's guaranteed and Mane's been a beast and for me has been our most consistent player this season. I'd have liked to have kept him. Plus - "replacements". Not sure - I'd be playing Mane over Diaz, but when Diaz is playing Mane's great through the middle too. And the new boy is going to take time to settle in - and there's no guarantees.

Ideally, he blows Mane out of the water. But we'll see.

I like the fact that we're bringing in younger players - I think we need it. But I'd like overlap too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's all so depressingly compromised.

I was going to say bent - and I don't rule that out. But even if not bent, compromised it certainly is. Unconscious bias and group power mean the idea of clubs competing against each other is no longer the reality - it's clubs vs consortiums.

The concept of real "sport" is rapidly dying. It's being replaced with a highly seductive entertainment product with the false veneer of genuine, principled, competition - designed to maximise returns for shareholders.

Trem

Rumours are you'll be losing Salah as well @Scouse, Liverpool (rightly so) refusing his 400k(!) a week wage demands.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think it's a fair price and at that money I think most of us Leeds fans look at it and say 'thanks Kalvin, good for you and good luck' to be honest...

No doubt but he has a whiff of the Harry MaGuire's about him.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Good business for Leeds. Good news for England, training/playing with a few of the regulars will be handy.

Trem

I dunno. We struggle when he's injured and if Raphina goes as well.....

Gray

FH is my second home
So looks like Richarlison is possibly on his way to Tottenham very soon. Bit sad given he was one of our best players but it's understandable he wants to play in Europe.

I will be massively pissed if we've sold him for buttons though, we didn't need to sell him so we should be commanding a reasonable fee for him.

Harry winks coming in the other direction albeit not linked to Richarlison... Not sure about that. Selling our best player for a cast off doesn't fill me with hope. We already got Delli who hasn't done much since coming...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Richarlison at Spurs. North London Derby should be good.

PS. Can we have a new thread, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom