Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Madrid the better side in the second half. Shame it wasn't a great game. Not quite Spurs/Liverpool 2019 levels mind.

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like an Everton fan (or any fan?) set up a fake coach company called "Richard Arlison" which a group of Liverpool fans booked to be picked up... Seems they weren't happy :ROFLMAO:

1653774646395.png1653774700578.png

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Seems the route of the problem is people with valid tickets being turned away and told their tickets are fake.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Tonight's game is the typical example of why it isn't worth watching England play at times...slow, lethargic, etc

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Am I the only one who wants Wales to win tonight?
Nope. I think it'd spread a bit of much-needed joy if they qualified and considering I live in Wales and I think the Ukranians have better things to worry about I hope they do it.

Don't think they will tho.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Not the signing I'd hoped for given Mane is likely off and Salah will walk on a free next year (and tbh, has been off the boil for 6 months now) - but Milner is still quality tbh.

I think we're getting to the point where the squad is aging and we need to start bringing people in and making decisions on who is going to make it or not.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

Not the signing I'd hoped for given Mane is likely off and Salah will walk on a free next year (and tbh, has been off the boil for 6 months now) - but Milner is still quality tbh.

I think we're getting to the point where the squad is aging and we need to start bringing people in and making decisions on who is going to make it or not.

He's got proven premier league experience, he's still one of the fittest members of the squad, he can play several positions and actually do well, he doesn't whine when not picked to play, apparently one of the ones who always trains well. I've been a fan of his since his Leeds days.

I see no negatives there. Every team needs a Milner or 3.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Liverpool also have some exceptional youth coming through already. They will likely replace Mane (if) he leaves, but they don't necessarily have to.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's got proven premier league experience, he's still one of the fittest members of the squad, he can play several positions and actually do well, he doesn't whine when not picked to play, apparently one of the ones who always trains well. I've been a fan of his since his Leeds days.

I see no negatives there. Every team needs a Milner or 3.
100%. But Keita was sort of brought in to fill a role that Milner performed in midfield and he's not up to it. I think Milner's great but we should be looking towards youth now.

Liverpool also have some exceptional youth coming through already. They will likely replace Mane (if) he leaves, but they don't necessarily have to.
Disagree with this. Yes - we've got some very good youth coming through - but nobody that's looking like they're going to sink goals like Mane (who's been one of my players of the season on consistency alone - he's won us loads of games). Without a Mane I can't see us doing anything but falling behind the oil barons - because how long can we realistically keep on outperforming against our relative net spend?

Gray

FH is my second home

Unsure what to think of this! It's obviously very early stages or even a complete rumour. All I could probably say is that Kenyon does at least have experience at the top of football clubs with title success, as opposed to Moshiri.

Given that we're still quite close to the FFP buffer any investment would have to take years now to materialise to defer from the damage that's already been done the past 3-4 years at least in terms of transfer kitties.

We've released several players now so that will have made some amends, but with talk of Richarlison AND DCL possibly leaving we need to make sure any funds are immediately reinvested

Embattle

FH is my second home
I suspect without some major changes, which will be hard because of skating the FFP line, you'll be near the bottom again next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom