Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Of course he didn't, he's seen Stevie G's comments and rushed here to have a moan with no first-hand knowledge of what actually happened (otherwise he'd know the ref didn't go to the screen until right at the end). One of the main problems with this one is that Old Trafford has no big screens and nobody in the ground had any idea why the goal was disallowed (including most of the Villa players, judging by the amount of explaining Oliver had to do). It's a communication issue more than anything.

Yes it took too long but they were looking at several little things... the only real "time" issue I have is that they took *far* too long trying to establish whether or not Watkins got a touch on it as it went through to Ings. If you can't tell from one or 2 quick views then go with the on-field decision ffs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You've both zero problems with a previously beautifully flowing game being held up for three and a half minutes when previously a ref made a decision and we cracked on. Straight away.

Riight.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thats what they are supposed to do but the FA just completely fail to get it right, constantly. It's not an issue with VAR It's an issue with our shit referees and VAR team. I didn't watch the game so can't comment on this one specifically but it happens every week.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I do have a problem with it, but if you saw the game you'd know that the reason it took so long is because it was used incorrectly and they were looking at things that VAR should not be looking at it. The goal was disallowed for something that should not have been checked for instance.

Again, VAR is not the problem - retarded refs are the problem and is what needs sorting.

I don't get why you're so obsessed with it when you clearly don't even watch much football, go to games etc.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Great win for us tonight. Brentford played OK but shocking defending for 3 of the 4 goals. Considering we played 90 of 120 mins on Saturday night with 10 men and we've loads of players out I was expecting us to be the ones getting drubbed. Hasenhuttl really has these lads playing above their level.

Marc

FH is my second home
This 8 minutes of the second half of el Classico is the best I’ve seen us play all season

Just a shame my 8 year old is a better finished than Dembele

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Shameless.

They've been slagging Liverpool off all week because of the "false positives" story (to be fair it was shady as fuck) but now they're trying to get the derby postponed because they claim they don't have enough players. Four at AFCON, 1 suspended and they've literally just loaned 2 out so there are 7 that either just plain shouldn't be excused or are the club's own fault. Last night they only had 1 COVID positive ffs.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I have a bit of sympathy re. AFCON because it's meant to be a summer tournament now but CAF is completely incompetent. Loaning 2 players out though, and then saying with a straight face you've not got enough players to fulfill the fixture is a joke. Where was this rule when we had 9 fit players last season and proceeded to lose 9-0 to united?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Shameless.

They've been slagging Liverpool off all week because of the "false positives" story (to be fair it was shady as fuck) but now they're trying to get the derby postponed because they claim they don't have enough players. Four at AFCON, 1 suspended and they've literally just loaned 2 out so there are 7 that either just plain shouldn't be excused or are the club's own fault. Last night they only had 1 COVID positive ffs.

I am finding this with a few prem clubs though, ship out the squad on loan then complain about fixtures.

If any club cannot temporarily replace 5-6 players then they need to have a think. Squads are 25 (max) for a reason.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Under 21 players don't need to be registered, so you can have unlimited players really.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Even without our midweek game we would struggle against Man City today.

Gray

FH is my second home
Even with not having a midweek game this week we would struggle against.... NORWICH???!

Oh for fuck...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Arsenal got the derby called off tomorrow, bottlers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
At least Tottenham are calling out the bullshit in their statement.

It's an absolute farce that the reasons behind the vast majority of their absentees don't matter a jot - they only need one COVID positive to apply for the postponement. They could've made the numbers up by, I don't know, not loaning out 2 senior players in the last week or with youth players who have played at least once at senior level (eg Patina or whatever his name is) but they didn't fancy it because they didn't think the team they put out would be strong enough. It's got fuck all to do with "being able to put a team out", it's all about "being able to put a *strong enough* team out". I bet they'll have numbers back for the second leg against Liverpool and I bet the players who "picked up a knock" in the first leg would've magically recovered had our match not been postponed. I'm amazed that this blatant abuse of the postponement protocol has been allowed, I really am.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ultra competetive businesses taking every advantage they can, on or off the field, non-shocker.

Gray

FH is my second home
Sounds like talks are going to be taking place at the top now and Benitez' tenure could be coming to a very quick end.

Results like that cannot be accepted, and while I still think it's more down to a bit of bad luck with important injuries (ie. DCL and Richy to name some) him deciding to play the donkey up front consistently instead of trying out decent youth isn't forgivable...

The sad fact remains though - If he is canned, who exactly do they move for. It will also not be pleasant looking at the numbers of managers who have rolled in here the past several years. It was a farce with the last search, whether that was down to Moshiri's own selfishness "my way or no way". His way has been tried... On more than one occasion and each of his management selections have fallen below par.

Big Dunc could be in with a shout, his temporary position a few seasons ago brought some positive attacking and results, but how consistent would it be... Rooney as Asst. Manager. Oh lord.

Benitez did not do himself any favours getting rid of Digne either. Now we have ex-players coming out making their remarks about what it was like. The whole place is an absolute poison chalice

Embattle

FH is my second home
Considering Derby's points deduction they are doing quite well.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They're doing Incredibly well - I wonder if any PL teams will be taking a look at Rooney.

Gray

FH is my second home
Gone by Monday it seems.

In one sense this could really screw up any potential transfers this month. Especially if any new manager wants anything to spend come summer.

I wonder what the number is on the financials for compensation. We have Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, possibly Ancelloti...

Embattle

FH is my second home
He may be gone by Monday but it won't change the situation at Everton much imo.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gone by Monday it seems.

In one sense this could really screw up any potential transfers this month. Especially if any new manager wants anything to spend come summer.

I wonder what the number is on the financials for compensation. We have Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, possibly Ancelloti...

Confirmed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, he should have had the chance to bring some of his own players in.

Gray

FH is my second home
If the board felt the result yesterday would have been his last in charge, I still question why they have given him the support to sell one of our assets to a rival.

Benitez had by vying to sign Longstaff from Newcastle, though if Rondon is anything to go by perhaps we dodged a silver bullet there.

The search starts once more. I think we'll be okay for the moment with Ferguson in charge on the interim.

Graham Potter has popped up as a candidate again, he was in the running before Benitez. He's not a massive name, but he's someone non controversial and we could end up with someone comparable to Moyes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why would Potter go to Everton though? He's got a good thing going.

People have mentioned Rooney too, I can't see him dropping Derby, not until at least the end of the season. Keeping Derby up (Which I think he might actually pull off) would look very good on the CV. He is currently in a no lose situation and a massive challenge, I am not sure any new manager would turn their nose up at that.

It's not like Everton were going to be shooting for Europe this season, not with their squad (regardless of money spent) I think you will be stuck with big Dunk until the end of the season, then get whoever. League within a league and all that.

Not shit enough for Big Sam yet :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom