Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
GOAT

I remember when he joined Atletico at like 18 I think. He started slowly but then turned out to be the next of the great strikers to pass through the club once Torres left for Liverpool.

He's hugely popular in the Spanish / Hispanic crowds due to his love of streaming and video games where the guy's personality shines through.

I don't remember him being a dick to any of his clubs at all, contracts, behaviour wise etc. Ending his career due to a heart problem sucks :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I remember when he joined Atletico at like 18 I think. He started slowly but then turned out to be the next of the great strikers to pass through the club once Torres left for Liverpool.

He's hugely popular in the Spanish / Hispanic crowds due to his love of streaming and video games where the guy's personality shines through.

I don't remember him being a dick to any of his clubs at all, contracts, behaviour wise etc. Ending his career due to a heart problem sucks :(
I remember watching this hilarious video where he called up Messi and was going on and on about his esports team, it was surreal.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Premier League are such dickheads. Leicester already asked to postpone tonight's match because they've got their own COVID thing going on (and no senior centre backs for one reason or another), Tottenham said we'd also be open to postponing because then we could play our already-postponed match vs. Rennes (we even offered to travel to France to play it so they'd effectively play at home twice) - the Prem said no. Tottenham travelled up to Leicester yesterday, loads of fans have gone up or were in the process of going up today, Leicester ask to postpone again and the Prem said yes at midday. It's too late to do anything about the Rennes game so not only is it a wasted opportunity to get a game in hand out of the way, we now have another one to add to the list. Incompetent twats.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I wouldn't say the clubs are exactly being anything other than incompetent twats either.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Losing ground on the top 2 now, injuries and covid certainly not helping.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
When 60% (and counting) of the weekend's games are postponed, they're going to have to knock it on the head for a couple of weeks. It's not like last season where it started late so it was difficult to squeeze postponed games in from the off. It could be problematic for those who go deep in Europe of the cups but there'll be plenty of gaps in which to play 3 or 4 matches later in the season for the majority.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not forgetting towards the end of the year the World Cup means the following season is already starting at least 2 weeks earlier.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wanting to play the last match was only ever a charade, this has been the expected outcome since the Rennes match was postponed. Finishing second in the group would've meant playoff matches and blah blah blah... better off out of it, especially with our 3 league postponements.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It would have been unworkable really. 3 games in hand is a huge amount of games to catch up on and I can't see it getting any better. Really, they need to have a serious think about schedules going forward, I think there are going to be many more postponed games over the xmas period.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm going to shit on this thread again and point out that VAR is a pointless pile of wank that doesn't work.

You can blame "humans" - but then we blamed humans when the referee was in charge. So basically, we have to wait fucking ages for decisions - many of which are still fucking shit, with clear and obvious problems not even getting looked at.

It's a sack of wank. It doesn't add to the game. It doesn't solve controversy - which is it's primary function. It's shite.

Lets go back to refs making mistakes. Immediate decisions. Like the majority of pros who play and manage the game want. Sack VAR off. It's pointless and doesn't add value.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

VAR helping loads there...

How come there's still these exact conversations going on. VAR was supposed to stop this shit. But it isn't. So what's the point of it?

"Implementation" is not an excuse. Because it's implemented by humans. And humans are fallible. And they're fallible with or without VAR. So what does it achieve that makes people so precious about wanting to keep it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Valid points raised. A facepalm does not an argument make...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It’s staggering to find out that VAR looked at the incident and didn’t even ask Tierney to look at the pitch-side monitor

"Staggering". Seems fair.

What's VAR's entire job again?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They have been shit for weeks.
VAR is supposed to assist the referees.

I mean, it's in the name - Video Assistant Referee.

The multi-year ongoing shitshow provides ample evidence that VAR isn't doing it's job. It's clearly not the solution to the problems it was brought in to solve. It should be scrapped.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The worst thing for me about VAR is the offside shit. Literally millimeters, which isn't an advantage at all. Besides, who decides which frame of the video the other players foot connected to the ball? I've seen offsides given that were just that close. It's a joke.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They're pretty well paid these days - they need to be held to account more.
But whatever we do, we shouldn't look at the system, right? Only the humans, who've been given this amazing but disruptive system that holds up the game because it's going to stop all this controversy.

Riiiiiight.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The worst thing for me about VAR is the offside shit. Literally millimeters, which isn't an advantage at all. Besides, who decides which frame of the video the other players foot connected to the ball? I've seen offsides given that were just that close. It's a joke.

They don't do that anymore.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As usual not rehashing the same counter arguments.
What's happening is a repeated sequence of events that lend more and more weight to my argument.

The same thing is happening repeatedly - and each time it happens it proves me right. At some point you have to face the weight of evidence. VAR isn't working. It's not solving the problems it's meant to solve.

Embattle

FH is my second home
What's happening is a repeated sequence of events that lend more and more weight to my argument.

The same thing is happening repeatedly - and each time it happens it proves me right. At some point you have to face the weight of evidence. VAR isn't working. It's not solving the problems it's meant to solve.

No it really doesn't, nothing has changed from the previous arguments.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No it really doesn't, nothing has changed from the previous arguments.
Sorry - some of those previous arguments were that it would improve over time and the implementation would get better. In no substantive way has that happened.

The whole purpose of VAR was to cut out the controversy. To make clear and obvious errors a thing of the past. It's disingenuous if you don't agree with this. It's it's primary mission - and time has proven that it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom