Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nice to see Newcastle losing. Long may it continue!

Gray

FH is my second home
We're going to get absolutely mullered in a few days. Seriously can't believe how bad it is feeling right now, so very nervous.

My opinion on Benitez is starting to wane at considerable pace now. I've very much been open minded on his appointment even though i was sceptical at the beginning.

While the majority of it falls squarely on the players shoulders, i know we've had some major injuries to contend with and the lack of depth is still a big issue.

But for the past few games now (losses) Benitez has refused to change up the players. He's giving all this game time to woeful players like Rondon and Iwobi. We're not scoring goals, but he absolutely refuses to look to the bench and choose some of the youngsters.

If the players give in against Liverpool and we end up getting smashed (likely...), Benitez may never recover the fans that remain on-side

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Utd's approach to that was don't lose, barely a shot on target and only goal from a huge defensive blunder. As for Chelski Lukaku should have come on at 60 mins. Werner and Ziyach could not hit a barn door from 3ft.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Chelsea were terrible today, weird.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Almost sad to see how far United have fallen. Pathetic from them today.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Honestly don't get Utd strategy over the last few months. Take Fletcher, Oct 2020 he is handed the role of Utd's U16 squad, Jan 2021 promoted to first-team coach. Only 2 months later he is Technical Director. I know he was a Fergie favourite but jesus that is some serious promotions without actually succeeding much at anything.

Embattle

FH is my second home
83 minutes gone and England's woman against Latvia are 18-0 with 4 players on hattricks.

Newcastle having a player sent off in 9 minutes, good stuff.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Everton look like they are getting ready to get absolutely pumped.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Christ Chelsea look bad so far, Saul not exactly making a good case to be played again and please get well soon Chilwell.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If the players give in against Liverpool and we end up getting smashed (likely...), Benitez may never recover the fans that remain on-side
I think when you pulled it back to 2-1 you looked really good.

Think it's a poison chalice for Benitez. He's not been able to spend anything at all. When your players got angry you looked a decent side and you were in it until that mistake. And: Salah.

Gray

FH is my second home
The scoreline was inevitable but yes, there's really not much Benitez can do. Although some team choices are not in his favour.

It looks like Benitez has been swerved for now though, it's the board getting all the criticism as they've been the most culpable over the past several years.

Their previous management choices and player sign offs are coming back with a vengeance.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Christ Chelsea look bad so far, Saul not exactly making a good case to be played again and please get well soon Chilwell.

Play like shit in a few games, still win. It's how any champion does it :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, according to fantasy football, Mendy made 6 saves. Easily the best keeper in the prem for me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Also, according to fantasy football, Mendy made 6 saves. Easily the best keeper in the prem for me.

Best shot stopper perhaps but Alisson & Ederson both have more to their game.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Strange game at UTD. De Ger fouled by Fred, Smith-Rowe scores. No foul, no serious injury so clear goal.

Maguire getting away with a clear pen to.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Strange game at UTD. De Ger fouled by Fred, Smith-Rowe scores. No foul, no serious injury so clear goal.

Maguire getting away with a clear pen to.

Maguire is such a shit defender that its not even funny anymore. It's annoying as well because I always think he looks decent with the ball at his feet.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Think VAR got both those incidents right. Just completely missed the Maguire foul, quite bizarre considering he grabs his arm with both hands and pulls. I could understand if it was the usual one hand on the shirt or shoulder but that was a clear foul and persistent into the penalty area - clear pen per the rules.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
VAR still a long way from perfect but if it's getting more right than wrong then that's a good start.

As for Maguire, he gets away with this all of the time and I've no idea why.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Refs get more right than wrong and don't hold up the match.

Where's the benefit for all the loss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom