Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm really looking forward to how he gets on. Lots of talk about "mickey mouse league" etc. in Scotland, but I think that's a bit reductive. Knocking Celtic off their perch and holding their own in Europe is doing a good job imo. I'd certainly consider him more qualified than Lampard was when he took the Chelsea job. I also have respect for him taking the job. Would've been easy to stay at Rangers and churn out league titles after he'd built a good team up there, but he's decided to take a risk and go to a club with big expectations.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure about it, Villa will only ever be a mid table club whereas Rangers potentially get euro spots.

Thats no dig at villa, it's just how it is, without huge pots of money that isn't going to change any time soon.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Stevie G done to Villa. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the prem, he has a good reputation already in Scotland.

Indeed but the PL is a whole different kettle of fish, at most I put the SPL as the same level as the Championship.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If he's got ambitions of coming to Liverpool he'll have to beat expectations at Villa - and consistently.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure about it, Villa will only ever be a mid table club whereas Rangers potentially get euro spots.

Thats no dig at villa, it's just how it is, without huge pots of money that isn't going to change any time soon.

They have spent an absolute fortune over the last few years. The money is there at Villa.

Edit - 4th highest net spend in the prem over the last 5 years, and two of those were in the championship.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Even without the Grealish money, they've spent a shitload.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Interesting that two players who have been absolute dogshit for their clubs for the last couple of months are playing so well ..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The mystery of whether a striker should play further up the pitch from the midfield has finally been solved.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Surely Solskjaer's done for now. What a dreadful performance. Harry "silencing the haters" Maguire with another masterclass.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hot garbage.

When Maguire did the ears motion after scoring during the internationals, it wasn't scoring that he was getting all the flack for but his crap defending.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The entire team, with possibly the exception of Ronaldo and Wan-Bissaka, look as though they just can't be arsed.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
MOTD reporting exit terms discussed at board meeting. Darren Fletcher to take charge on temp basis.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Still love how football managers get a pay off when getting fired.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Still love how football managers get a pay off when getting fired.
Not really, you are contracted to work for a time period. Outside of serious breaches of ethics they get their contract payout. Odd that there are seemingly no performance clauses at top clubs with top players in the contracts. I guess that is dubious because it relies on players playing to their best. Something that clearly has not happened at UTD.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Not really, you are contracted to work for a time period. Outside of serious breaches of ethics they get their contract payout. Odd that there are seemingly no performance clauses at top clubs with top players in the contracts. I guess that is dubious because it relies on players playing to their best. Something that clearly has not happened at UTD.

I mean they have performance bonuses, goals per season, bonuses after x goals, bonuses per goal etc. But those seem trivial vs the enormous wages so probably if you are already on 300k per week earning an extra 10k for a goal isnt that motivational anymore

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

It seems mad to only get rid of him when he apparently didn't do any of the actual coaching but I guess they'll find someone who'll bring their own team in and sack the rest (Phelan, Carrick etc) then. It also seems mad that they haven't got a replacement lined up, given how obvious it's been for at least the last 6 weeks that it wasn't going to work for Solksjaer.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Carrick at the wheel and all that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Crikey, the WC playoffs. Only one of Italy or Portugal will be in the WC.

Edit, potentially neither ofc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom