Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Runners and riders Gentlemen

with man u’s new signings I am hopeful of better than second this year.

Van Dykes back at the scousers.
will he still be the main man after so long out.

And we can all hope Pep shits the bed

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Shitty
That other Manchester team
Chelski
Lollerpool

Also rans - Ars, spuds, Everton and Leicester

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not even going to try to predict it, utd, City or Chelsea, pick one:)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It would have been nice if United could have bagged a holding midfielder like Rice, but the signings are good. However, I have a sneaking suspicion Chelsea might be the team to beat this year.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lampard was completely out of his depth but Tuchel totally transformed them in the space of about a month, I dread to think what he can achieve with a proper pre-season and the sorts of signings they're being linked to (the likes of Koundé and Haaland).

Gray

FH is my second home
I think we'll do really really well, what with the free acquisition of Andros Townsend. Rafa is looking to offload James as well so one of our best players could be off (Admittedly for profit since he is in contract...). Plus with the loss of Voldemort and alienating Delph as well as Richarlison probably wanting off after his decent Olympics.

-
Realistically though, I think with all this going on we will be probably in a similar position to the end of last season, Europe would be nice but we'll have to see how the first few matches play out..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The mighty Burnley will stay up. 15th ish I reckon.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cobblers will get promotion, relegation again next season. That's us now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Apparently Harry Kane hasn't turned up for training today :oops:
It's whatever at this point. I don't know what he's hoping to achieve with 3 years left on his contract and the more nonsense like this he pulls, the less well-remembered he'll be by Tottenham fans after he's gone. One of his main problems is that his agent is his brother Charlie, who has never had to deal with anything like this before and is woefully out of his depth. If it came down to a showdown between his agent and Levy, I know who I'm backing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's whatever at this point. I don't know what he's hoping to achieve with 3 years left on his contract and the more nonsense like this he pulls, the less well-remembered he'll be by Tottenham fans after he's gone.
Honestly, I don't think he'll give a shit. He wants to play somewhere he thinks he can win. How he is remembered probably pales into comparison to knowing that you had a real chance to win something and he gave it his all to do that.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I doubt he cares that much how is remembered by Spurs fans at this point. I'm sure when he's on £500k a week with a cabinet full of medals, his legacy at a club where he didn't achieve anything will be secondary.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Kane's been in several finals with Tottenham and hasn't personally turned up in one of them. He'll go to City and be a small part of a medal-winning juggernaut, he'll be but a footnote in their history books whereas he could stay with his childhood club and be an actual, genuine legend but he'd rather chuck that in the bin for basically easy, guaranteed silverware (not bitter btw).

There's all sorts of speculation about Grealish (including an apparent actual bid from City) yet he's turned up to train with Villa today. An unexpected difference in levels of class.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I understand cos i've been through it with Saints and obviously losing all our best players, but let's be real - Spurs are a long way from being good enough to challenge for the title at the moment. The managerial search shows how well they are currently regarded.

Just to add, "club legends" are so rare these days, no loyalty etc etc - UNLESS they're at a top club and winning (or at the very least, challenging) all the time.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Tottenham just aren't good enough for what he wants, unless he has a desire to build a runners up cabinet.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He's an Arsenal fan, isn't he? :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Seems to be the only way to force a move these days, but I don't see Levy budging. Next step, announce retirement lol.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-03 at 14.46.10.jpeg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can you imagine how good for England it would be to have Foden, Stirling, Grealish and Kane at City though?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On VAR in the prem next season:
The tortuous process of lines being drawn on screens as VAR reaches its offside decisions will not be visible. Instead, as at the Euros, television viewers will only be shown how the conclusion was reached.

So, hide the thing that makes you shout "bullshit".

That'll work great.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If I was Spurs management the very least I would do at this point is to fine him (Kane) his wages, he still has years on his contract but expects to just walk away given a "gentleman's agreement" with Levy. Part of the problem is he is totally overvalued at 100-150M+ and given club finances across Europe right now the options are very small and diminishing rapidly.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If I was Spurs management the very least I would do at this point is to fine him (Kane) his wages, he still has years on his contract but expects to just walk away given a "gentleman's agreement" with Levy. Part of the problem is he is totally overvalued at 100-150M+ and given club finances across Europe right now the options are very small and diminishing rapidly.

What's hilarious is Levy apparently saying he won't sell to a "premier league rival". So are City going to be fighting it out for the Europa Conference League spots next season or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom