Sport 2020(/1) Tokyo Olympics

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Oh and forgot to mention what an absolute little gem Sky Brown is for winning Bronze in the skateboarding early this morning. Loved the friendship they show each other after each run. That is how you celebrate and show respect to your fellow athletes regardless of how you compete.

Everyone in that event were so wholesome and sweet watching it gave me diabetes.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
"Bmx riders being a chill group of people shocker"

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
4th in the table atm! Not bad at all.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
4th would be a great effort imo given that we're not picking up some of the 'banker' golds that we have over the last few years, like rowing and track cycling

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So a calf injury for KJT and she has now withdrawn. Everyone thought it was her achilles giving out.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So a calf injury for KJT and she has now withdrawn. Everyone thought it was her achilles giving out.
She got dq’d anyway. So couldnt continue. She rolled outside her lane.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Considering that nasty accident Sky had a while she is brave beyond her years. Amazing human being, her family must be so proud.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wasn't Team GB under the spotlight for London and Rio for the same stuff?
Wasn't that all about the lotus bike, others complained about the advantage but on inspection was found to be legal. Other than that I can't remember anything else but then I'm not major cycling fan.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why are weight lifters so fat as well as muscley?

i guess there must be some advantage in carrying the extra fat. But its the muscles that are doing to work at lifting.

they must be able to eat the calories to sustain their muscle without putting on the fat.

maybe they just get away with it in their sport. So they dont care.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wasn't that all about the lotus bike, others complained about the advantage but on inspection was found to be legal. Other than that I can't remember anything else but then I'm not major cycling fan.
Yeah was the bike and the wheels at some point.

the tape on the danes just seems to be against the rules tho.

Gwadien

I think the helmets also came under investigation too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesn't matter, he should have still congratulated the winner.
He should have congratulated the winner, absolutely.

But if the silver medal is a piece of shit to him then fair enough.

He's right, of course. Second place is first loser.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Why are weight lifters so fat as well as muscley?

I believe that is only true for the heaviest weight categories. Basically not eating enough calories equates to a performance loss. So they need to over eat to build up all the muscles they need since not all those calories goes into muscle, the excess goes in to that fat. I'd also take a guess that having a solid core makes them more stable under those heavy weights, its the same reason you see them wearing those huge belts.

Gwadien

I believe that is only true for the heaviest weight categories. Basically not eating enough calories equates to a performance loss. So they need to over eat to build up all the muscles they need since not all those calories goes into muscle, the excess goes in to that fat. I'd also take a guess that having a solid core makes them more stable under those heavy weights, its the same reason you see them wearing those huge belts.

Yeah, I mean look at Eddie Hall now he's stopped doing strongmen stuff and looking to do boxing;

I don't think it has anything to do with being lazy :D
1628087159892.png

and as Zarjazz said, if you shred you can't use your muscles to their fullest power I think?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, I mean look at Eddie Hall now he's stopped doing strongmen stuff and looking to do boxing;

I don't think it has anything to do with being lazy :D
View attachment 44695

and as Zarjazz said, if you shred you can't use your muscles to their fullest power I think?
Wasnt thinking they were lazy. Just most other sports tailor the diet to the nth degree so the body gets what it needs without adding fat too much.

wouldn’t mess with them either way

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ultimately we aren't designed to carry such massive weight on our frames, Eddie Hall partly had to stop eating the way he had been because it was battering the various organs in his body such as his Liver, Kidneys, etc. irc.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah was the bike and the wheels at some point.

the tape on the danes just seems to be against the rules tho.
Wasn't just the tape though, it was aerodynamic vests, which were not on the open market. The article I read states that the company went in changed the date of available Jan on the product, the website was edited in May 😀 hence being against the rules. They judges bottled the decision due to the time.
Regardless of the drama it would have been a travesty if they were DQ'd. They were bloody quick and deserved a medal. Just a complete wanker in the team that deserves a good slapping.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watching the womens football. Still just like normal football but in slow motion.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That 3rd Australian goal tho.

Gwadien

@Scouse

So we point and laugh at China for essentially kidnapping kids and putting them in super duper Olympic training camps, but it turns out the West were doing similar things during the 'good old days' :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse

So we point and laugh at China for essentially kidnapping kids and putting them in super duper Olympic training camps, but it turns out the West were doing similar things during the 'good old days' :)
So you want to hit back at my accusations against the left and defend China? (I mean, you could, of course, just answer the simple question I posed about 'what we gain' in the other thread).

But to humour you: The west isn't squeaky clean. But we never kidnapped children removed them from their families and forcibly doped underage kids and stuck 'em in the Olympics as an advert of how great we were.

China and Russia did exactly that, including doping with androgens (male hormones) in prepubescent young girls across all disciplines - not just gymnastics. And we all know that doping pre-pubescent girls with male hormones doesn't have lifelong effects on their development, eh?

China was pumping through underage gymnasts (12 year old girls) and passing them off as 16 as recently as 2008.

There's no equivalence here. It's the most left governments that treat their populations disposably. Wage slavery is real in capitalist society and I frequently rage against it. But there's no real equivalence - China is a disgusting regime and people who support it are wrong-headed, in the same way that anti-vaxxers are wrong headed.

Gwadien

No, I'm talking about how you call athletes that pull out 'failures' but in the history of athletics it appears that very little thought was put into the wellbeing of athletes, which is something that you would seemingly support.

And I love this idea that I'm somehow pro-China.

All I've done is shown the hypocrisy between people's views of China and what the rest of the world gets up to.

Afghanistan is a *perfect* example of this, just wait until China 'deals' with it and we're suddenly not bothered by their treatment of minorities.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No, I'm talking about how you call athletes that pull out 'failures' but in the history of athletics it appears that very little thought was put into the wellbeing of athletes, which is something that you would seemingly support.

And I love this idea that I'm somehow pro-China.

All I've done is shown the hypocrisy between people's views of China and what the rest of the world gets up to.

Afghanistan is a *perfect* example of this, just wait until China 'deals' with it and we're suddenly not bothered by their treatment of minorities.
Can we talk about the olympics and not historical child exploitation and the ‘left‘. Its very boring.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Weeeeeel, you thought you were doing that mate but you failed - there's no equivalence.

China is WAY worse than the worst of the west.

As for:
Point at anything that says I don't support the wellbeing, mental or physical, of anyone.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell. Take this bollocks to the fucking left thread. Sick of it. This thread is for the accomplishments of the athletes.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Great result in cycling Omnium with Walls Gold. Yafai in the Boxing did great, excellent first round and did enough in the third to take it, was definitely the better boxer. Also bronze in the Pole Vault for Bradshaw.

Watching USA men go out in the heats of the 4x100 was a bonus. Men from USA not having a great Athletics meet.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Was surprised the usa women football only in the bronze play off game. And then only won by a single goal.

oh and watching the speed walking is hilarious

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom