2 n00b questions(WS and TLs)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
hey.

first one is about the weapon skill of double specced paladins/armsmen.(so two handed + slash/crush/thrust) I know you don't hit for more if you're secondary skill effectively goes above 50, but does it increase weapon skill? if so, what ammount? my pally has poor weapon skill even with 101 str, and aug str4, and was wondering if i could sacrifice some points on parry in favor or crush to raise it above 50? i could get around 45+16=61 effective slash.. would it improve my weapon skill?(and have better chance to hit shield wielding enemies)

second one is shorter ( :) ), i've just read pally team lead, and its really nice, so I was wondering about when will mythic have a look at them? last team lead check was at 2005.07.20. afaik, when's next ?

thankses

kirennia

Part of the furniture
To answer your second question, teamleaders have just given in their reports within the last week so it'll probably be about march/april time when we start to see some changes to classes based on their reports.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Righthandof said:
hey.

first one is about the weapon skill of double specced paladins/armsmen.(so two handed + slash/crush/thrust) I know you don't hit for more if you're secondary skill effectively goes above 50, but does it increase weapon skill? if so, what ammount? my pally has poor weapon skill even with 101 str, and aug str4, and was wondering if i could sacrifice some points on parry in favor or crush to raise it above 50? i could get around 45+16=61 effective slash.. would it improve my weapon skill?(and have better chance to hit shield wielding enemies)

second one is shorter ( :) ), i've just read pally team lead, and its really nice, so I was wondering about when will mythic have a look at them? last team lead check was at 2005.07.20. afaik, when's next ?

thankses

if your slash and 2hand but your thinking of putting some points in crush then i dont think you will gain weapon skill.

also if you would like to see some of the things in the report i suggest you go here http://www.drunkenfriar.com/forums/index.php?sid=8a8bf27adead1874acb4767c4aabaad6

Sapphic is the Paladin TL but several of the members can also help you on the first query.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
ill check the link, thanks.

and im a bit mixed because currently im 2h/crush, but ill respec to 2h/slash in a week, thats why the confusion.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
If you use two-hand styles, you gain nothing from going above composite 50/51 in your base weapon spec. :)

The displayed weapon skill on your character sheet is just some pretty numbers Mythic put there to make people have something to look at.

What is interesting is how high your style line is. If the style line is two-handers your weapon skill should be high if you have trained high in that line.

Part of Wyrds findings was, that your chance to get past defenses like parry/evade/shield didn't increase beyond composite 50/51 weapon spec in your base weapon line (nor did variance). Damage dealt from styles did increase beyond 50/51 from the style line though.

In essense, get as much two-hand as you can. Ignore the WS on your character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom