2.0.1 (New paragon system + new loot itemization) live tomorrow (26th)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Rolled a Wizard, is faceroll so far.

What's the most OP spec there is? Note: Am only duoing this toon, my monk got zzz.

(Had since release, played for a month then stopped)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
most specs are high crit chance or attack speed dependent i think :p wait until ROS goes live, people will likely figure out new specs at 70.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
how do you find actual decent drops? I mean sure the new loot patch is great I get drops for my class now with relevant stats, but I'm farming torment and weaps crafted or dropped are like 800-900dmg for 1 handers :( is it literally only torment 6 or t6 in the ubers area or what :eek: because at the moment because I used the AH before and only spent like 5 mill in each char(budget builds, I could never make loads of gold) the majority of my items are still better. :( :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quick Q; do i really need the RoS before 60? If i survive that far that is :p

Just wondering how far my HC adventures will take me as i wait to even afford RoS.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Quick Q; do i really need the RoS before 60? If i survive that far that is :p

Just wondering how far my HC adventures will take me as i wait to even afford RoS.

I did softcore chars 1-60 twice these last 2 weeks making the most of the bonus exp before the expansion, and I know its softcore but I found I was over geared quite a lot with the new loot 2.0 patch. I pretty much skipped a couple difficulties and 40-60 was done on master level for my monk, I ended up with about 1,300,000 toughness and 5k healing per sec + any other bonuses and I just never really got into trouble :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cool, can start grinding...until my inevitable death :(

Saw my dead 42 DH when i last logged in and;

dcd32b59e00e68a09cb25f1934342e66de7af5329dab7172ebbd185d7c6c3322.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Cool, can start grinding...until my inevitable death :(

Saw my dead 42 DH when i last logged in and;

dcd32b59e00e68a09cb25f1934342e66de7af5329dab7172ebbd185d7c6c3322.jpg

Were you one of the poor souls that died to those little fat green exploding shits in act 3 :p? those were universally hated in HC.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Made a video in x4 speed showing how silly frozen orb is, difficulty is Torment 3

Useful info, changed my newly 60 Wizi to frozen orb from disintegrate wow, just melts everything. Need to get my mana recharge and pool up. Left button was on Spectral Blade (frozen) which does a pretty good job of slowing everything. Changed it to the electrocute with mana regen. Does a good job of of replenishing mana between frozen orb spams.

Cool build so far, melts everything.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Were you one of the poor souls that died to those little fat green exploding shits in act 3 :p? those were universally hated in HC.

Heh no, those were easy as green sh*ts :D

Mine was one of the nightmare act III leapers in the dungeons. Fast, pack and some other nonsense. Should've got out immedietaly.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Useful info, changed my newly 60 Wizi to frozen orb from disintegrate wow, just melts everything. Need to get my mana recharge and pool up. Left button was on Spectral Blade (frozen) which does a pretty good job of slowing everything. Changed it to the electrocute with mana regen. Does a good job of of replenishing mana between frozen orb spams.

Yup - electrocute + mana regen rune + prodigy talent and Arcane Power insta refills almost :p, get an item with arcane power on crit and it'll be full after a few electrocutes.

Overdriven

Lawl. Just did a reset on quests on my Monk. Smart part of me knew it'd be all of them, not just the quest I was previously on. Now I have to do all the acts again..

Glad I just started on Master =/ Least I know I can faceroll Expert in a few hours to get all the quests back.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Do Diablo on torment 1 when you get there, if you did reset quest Diablo will give you a 100% guaranteed Legendary item.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
What's the best way of leveling a new character? Head straight to a higher difficulty level?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah keep depths! On my barb I would throw shit at the doors to open them as you could not see them hiding away behind the doors

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Yep I'm running that too. So nice

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Expert-Master most likely or if you can twink well go straight into torment 1-2
I could not see any xp benefit in increasing the difficulty, at least until torrent or master or whatever it is. Did I miss something obvious?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I could not see any xp benefit in increasing the difficulty, at least until torrent or master or whatever it is. Did I miss something obvious?

Hard = 75% bonus xp
Expert = 100% bonus xp
Master = 200% bonus xp
Torment 1 = 300% bonus xp
Torment 2 = 400% bonus xp

Overall master is probably best, I leveled another barbarian up on master recently, it was quite slow at first but once you get yourself a decent weapon you just carve through everything and xp goes up really fast.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I am *slightly* tempted to start a new char. I think my rage at the barb nerfing that went down was mostly due to the severe amount of time I had invested in this particular char. A new one, as you say, should be relatively quick to get off the ground.

Overdriven

I'm up for doing a Master run from start with somebody tbh, can do it on a 60 or on something new. Am being abused on Torment 1 on my monk (Purple lazer + blues + yellows at once is a bit hard)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I'm up for doing a Master run from start with somebody tbh, can do it on a 60 or on something new. Am being abused on Torment 1 on my monk (Purple lazer + blues + yellows at once is a bit hard)

I can join you on my wiz if you like, or you could join me in Torment (1) just doing some act 3 / core of arreat runs hoping for a legendary drop or 2 :p Think you've got me added already as I'm Sorf....tag = Sorf#2589

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Didn't know difficulty levels work so that you can start a fresh character on a higher difficulty, thought it was like old "no go in nightmare before 40+ with items" :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Didn't know difficulty levels work so that you can start a fresh character on a higher difficulty, thought it was like old "no go in nightmare before 40+ with items" :p

nope, monsters scale to your level now always from 1-70

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
nope, monsters scale to your level now always from 1-70

That's...actually really bad for HC mode with the exp boost. It means that in act 2 you're already "over leveled" and it's a pain in the arse act anyway :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That's...actually really bad for HC mode with the exp boost. It means that in act 2 you're already "over leveled" and it's a pain in the arse act anyway :D

you're never over leveled anymore :p because monsters will always be the same level as you :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
you're never over leveled anymore :p because monsters will always be the same level as you :p

Yeah i mean that higher level monsters are more dangerous to HC chars, even if you're the same level :p

You know like normally you'd have some 20+ mobs in act II and those are deadly already, but now you'll be going against 30+ mobs atleast and 10 levels on mobs is mroe deadly then 10 levels on you.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That being said btw, is there a way to disable the bonus xp gain?

Aye, play on normal :p otherwise no AND you will 100% have to play in torment 1 minimum if you want set items at 70 + some legendary items only drop in T1 and above.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Damn, just wanted to progress slower :p

70 isn't an issue as A: i won't get that far in hc and 2: i don't have RoS yet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom