1GB Minidiscs

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I like the idea but I think it will all boil down to the cost of the hardware.

If you can get an ipod cheaper than a new minidisc player and some media then I know what most people will go for.

Then again, I suppose that will be weighed up against whether or not you already have a huge minidisc collection.

I do like the idea of using them for data. Now all we need is to replace the humble floppy disc drive with a minidisc drive and the world will be a better place.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed. I wish sony hadn't dropped there mini disk drives (I dont even know if they were out here but I remember seeing them in vaio pc's in Japan ( Where I visited the sony building ))

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Considering you are looking at around $305 for the same storage space as a 15 gig iPod that retails at $300 I can't see them really taking off unless you're a massive fan of the format.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
I do like the idea of using them for data. Now all we need is to replace the humble floppy disc drive with a minidisc drive and the world will be a better place.

Whats the point of that ? You can get a DVD+RW drive for a stupid low price now.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd prefer the size and durability of minidiscs over a DVD to be honest. Although yes, it doesn't sound like it will take off as a mainstream product with all the other options for storage now.

leggy

Probably Scottish
After being completely dissapointed with the poor quality and features of even the best range Net-MD, I will be staying well clear of this and buying an iPOD.

don't get me wrong, I am a fan of minidisc, I just think this'll pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom