This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1GB Minidiscs

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by RandomBastard, Jan 8, 2004.

1. RandomBastard

RandomBastard Can't get enough of FH

2. Whipped

Whipped Part of the furniture

I like the idea but I think it will all boil down to the cost of the hardware.

If you can get an ipod cheaper than a new minidisc player and some media then I know what most people will go for.

Then again, I suppose that will be weighed up against whether or not you already have a huge minidisc collection.

I do like the idea of using them for data. Now all we need is to replace the humble floppy disc drive with a minidisc drive and the world will be a better place.

3. RandomBastard

RandomBastard Can't get enough of FH

Indeed. I wish sony hadn't dropped there mini disk drives (I dont even know if they were out here but I remember seeing them in vaio pc's in Japan ( Where I visited the sony building ))

4. Scooba da Bass

Scooba da Bass Fledgling Freddie

Considering you are looking at around $305 for the same storage space as a 15 gig iPod that retails at $300 I can't see them really taking off unless you're a massive fan of the format.

5. xane

xane Fledgling Freddie

Whats the point of that ? You can get a DVD+RW drive for a stupid low price now.

6. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

I'd prefer the size and durability of minidiscs over a DVD to be honest. Although yes, it doesn't sound like it will take off as a mainstream product with all the other options for storage now.

7. leggy

leggy Probably Scottish

After being completely dissapointed with the poor quality and features of even the best range Net-MD, I will be staying well clear of this and buying an iPOD.

don't get me wrong, I am a fan of minidisc, I just think this'll pass.