19th March - What Will YOU be playing?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
In true games industry fashion (I love it really :)), a whole bunch of Top notch FPS' titles are coming out all on the same day - 19th March. I don't think DBs has set up voting so this is a quick and dirty questionnaire - which of these floats your boat, and which do you expect to get first (if at all):

UT2004
Battlefield:Vietnam
Breed
Rainbow Six: Athena Sword.

Personally, BF:Vietnam for me, but I'll probably get UT2004 later.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
DaGaffer said:
19th March - What Will YOU be playing?

Ill be playing with my new ADSL modem and building a small funeral pyre for my 56k modem :clap:

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
'Fraid I'll be in my foxhole calling napalm airstrikes upon some charlie.

(BF : Vietnam)

:D

babs

Can't get enough of FH
/me changes name to 'A big Marine named Camouflage'

;)

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
BF Vietnam, as long as I have tried a demo first to see if its THAT much different from 1942. I dont care for any of those other games listed :eek:

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
im having to go with BF:Vietnam as well, purely because its the most interesting out of the lot of them..

i wont be touching athena's sword unless with a 50ft barge pole, purely for the crap the original went through and still is full of bugs and flaws :(

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Unreal tournament for me, fallen in love with the demo now I NEED the full thing...now back to practicing with that damn shock rifle ;)

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Jis said:
I'm with jaba here. Unreal 2004 all the way :)

I got UT2003 played for about a week then gave it away. I know the same thing will happen with 2004. :(

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I played UT2003 quite a bit, and thought I was good.

That was until I realised the server I went on was full of AI Bots.......set at difficulty level 'Crap'.

BF:V all the way baby!

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'll be buying both BF: Vietnam and UT2004.

Don't forget about Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Far Cry in the same month though.

Jis

Regular Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
I got UT2003 played for about a week then gave it away. I know the same thing will happen with 2004. :(

The thing about ut2003 was that all the hardcore ut fans sort of didnt like it, which was perhaps a slight problem. I see a lot of the old clans sort of getting into ut2004 so maybe this could be the start of something?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Jis said:
The thing about ut2003 was that all the hardcore ut fans sort of didnt like it, which was perhaps a slight problem. I see a lot of the old clans sort of getting into ut2004 so maybe this could be the start of something?

As far as im concerned 2004 is just 2003 with vehicles and some new game modes. yes all fun and stuff .. for about a week. :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I agree with dmw I think so far Jis, its ok, but it dont feel right somehow :( Maybe it will grow on me, if enough people I know play it, but somehow I doubt it :)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I played UT heavily both on pubbies and as part of a TDM and CTF clan. Intense fun, really enjoyed it.

I thought UT2003 was bloated fucking pigwank and despite me trying and trying to enjoy it I soon gave up. I'll pass on UT2004.

Farcry for me, but I still highly rate CoD.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Without wishing to dredge up old rows, q3 owned ut AND ut2k3 for me, and as ut2004 is much the same, i imagine q3 will continue to do so ;)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I thought q3 was like playing human pinball online. I am an old QW and Q2 player at heart, something about UT though that was fresh and fun.

I actually never really compared UT v q3...hmm...seems a lifetime ago tbh.

Tribes fucking 0wned the cunting lot btw ;)

Jis

Regular Freddie
I'm going to give it a go when it comes out and if I don't enjoy it i'll just play good old cs again ;)

I was more of a quake2 player than an ut player so i really didn't give it much of a chance back then. When I got around to trying ut I realised how good it was and how shite i was :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
"Fire in the hole!!!!"
"Tango 69, we have Charlie all over us mofo!"

BF Vietnam for me (oooh the memories)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I vote for 26th of March instead, with Farcry and The sequel to Splinter Cell both released.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Had the same experience as Xtro on UT2003, I played the Breed demo ages back and binned it, never played R6, but BF1942 has been my daddy for the last six months, so BF:V it is !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom