Help 123-reg emails not sending in Outlook

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My domain for my work is through 123-reg and everything has been fine up until a few days ago where every time I tried to send an email via Outlook it comes straight back, I don’t mean bounces back 30 seconds later, it doesn’t even leave, it just comes back with an error message a second after I hit send.
I am using an old version of Outlook on my work laptop, but my home PC is an up-to-date 365 version of office.
I can send via my iPhone which obviously doesn’t use Outlook and I can go onto the web-based server on 123-reg and send emails from there (so all is not lost I can still function) but it is becoming a pain in the arse.
Emails coming no problem at all but I can’t send anything.

They had an issue last week with Hotmail address is not being sent from their server, but that has been resolved. I did phone them and they told me there wasn’t an issue their end, it’s a problem with Outlook so they couldn’t help me.
I am using a pop server rather than IMAP, but if I change it to IMAP then every time I look at an email on any device in then doesn’t send the emails anywhere else, that’s no good.
As I say it’s been fine up till A few days ago
Any ideas?

Thank you

Edmond

Thanks, although i'm sure its all correct, but i will go through it tomorrow and double check,as you say, that they haven't changed their settings

Edmond

at least its not me, the guy on the phone lied to me the other day then.....it is their issue....fuckers!!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
at least its not me, the guy on the phone lied to me the other day then.....it is their issue....fuckers!!
If you go through the register it looks like it's happened before as well.

You might not have any luck getting to the root cause until they sort their shit out

Edmond

If you go through the register it looks like it's happened before as well.

You might not have any luck getting to the root cause until they sort their shit out
Been in the office this morning trying to get somewhere with it but it's not happening

Like you say i need to wait for them to sort it, pain in the arse

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sounds like you need to switch to another provider?
I know it takes time etc but if this has happened before sounds like it's best to ditch them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom