10 Year anni

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Dark Age of Camelot: Ten Year Anniversary! - YouTube

To start the celebration today, we will add the following bonuses to all non-archived servers throughout October:

Normal Ruleset
100% XP Bonus in Classic Terrain and Dungeon Zones
100% BP Bonus and 25% RP Bonus in all NF Zones and Battlegrounds
20% Crafting Speed Increase and 10% Skill Gain Increase in Housing Regions
40% Crafting Speed Increase and 20% Skill Gain Increase in Capital Cities

PvE Ruleset
100% XP Bonus in Classic Terrain and Dungeon Zones
100% BP Bonus and 25% RP Bonus in Capital Cities

PvP Ruleset
200% BP Bonus and 130% RP Bonus in all Classic Terrain and Dungeon Zones
200% BP Bonus and 130% RP Bonus in all NF Zones

Thank you for all the wonderful memories we have created together, the good comrades-in-arms and enemies you have been and will continue to be.

Let’s get the party started, see you in the Frontiers!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yeah, this will get me back to the game. Just what I have been waiting for. A real improvement of the gaming experience.

More zerging and griefing

Everz

FH is my second home
Crafting bonus?!

I'm rebuying my accounts!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's at best laughable, that they think they can still milk the cow with this shit :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
who honestly thinks f2p would make any difference? there would just be more zerging, more adding and the same shit over again.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
who honestly thinks f2p would make any difference? there would just be more zerging, more adding and the same shit over again.

But with more players more of the map will or should be explored?

Everz

FH is my second home
More players = hotspots more covered to shit.

Maybe the action will spread but if the start of Ywain was anything to go by then the 'dead' zones will remain so.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
But with more players more of the map will or should be explored?

You actually believe this? As if the new kids with their free accounts wouldn't join the zerg because that is where all the action is

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The problem with NF is there is only so many places to run, no one goes away from the bridges/hotspots. I think it's because of the instant action FPS mentality that daoc has now..unless you can boat or port there, people aint interested :p

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
They should get rid of the porting to keeps a try dropping the boats and maybe bring back the teleporter pads that might make things a little like old Daoc once again.

Everz

FH is my second home
The problem with NF is there is only so many places to run, no one goes away from the bridges/hotspots. I think it's because of the instant action FPS mentality that daoc has now..unless you can boat or port there, people aint interested :p

It always had this, do you not remember Emain? The problem was that those are the people who stayed, least in OF if Emain was too zergy I'd guarantee decent fun in Odins (minus lolradar mids).

The boat system doesnt help in the slightest tbh.. I found the run to Emain less tedious then sitting on a boat.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It always had this, do you not remember Emain? The problem was that those are the people who stayed, least in OF if Emain was too zergy I'd guarantee decent fun in Odins (minus lolradar mids).

The boat system doesnt help in the slightest tbh.. I found the run to Emain less tedious then sitting on a boat.

Yup, and there were always plenty of fights that could be had on the way, out of the way of the main zerg. While emain did have it's problems with choke points, there was alwasy other places in the zone you could roam. It's not so much the case in NF, you are always within 50m of a tower, bridge or water, if you go any further away, it's completely dead :(

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yup, and there were always plenty of fights that could be had on the way, out of the way of the main zerg. While emain did have it's problems with choke points, there was alwasy other places in the zone you could roam. It's not so much the case in NF, you are always within 50m of a tower, bridge or water, if you go any further away, it's completely dead :(

yeah there's no spontaneity with NF rvr, you either got BG zergs, iRvr ports or general camping/roam of bled-beno-crau cks. It means you can have everything up say 75% of the time, and there's nothing random about daoc rvr now. You get the odd tower flame but otherwise its BG's taking/re-taking stuff 80% of the time.

Also with the bonuses in a 80 man BG, with this 10th anni stuff you got 150bp's per tower 900bp's per CK etc nuke an enemy once and get 500rps still lol, then you've could get myth/guild bonuses etc.. !! DF kill tasks for 15 enemies which are 3500rps and 300 bps before the boost.

Everz

FH is my second home
No shit to that... NF was a nail in the coffin.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The thing is, even with NF it's a fun game. It's just it could be so much better if they weren't so stubborn about it.

I'm sure some team has put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into creating NF and they feel it's something special or some bullshit like that.. :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Like Mealoch has said a couple of times before, removing flames on the warmap would improve the situation a lot. NF wise.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Removing the stupid boat system and putting Máster visur back in its place would help a ton more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom