10 things to do before leaving DAoC

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
9)Be rich enough to buy any given item on ME at one time

Thats the only thing I've done on your list :)

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Thegreatest said:
delete all your chars before you uninstall to make sure that you won't come back ;)

Doesn't work, i tried that once :/

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Jaison X said:
1- find a girlfriend
2- have fun with her
3- forget about daoc
4- forget about forums
5- stop paying account
6- leave =)
Pretty much exactly what happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Forgetting about forums wont happen though
I can recommend it ;)

Gamah

Banned
1. Getting RR10
2. Being known as one of the best of my class around
3. Getting the oh fuck gamahs around reaction when people see my kill spam
4. When I finally do quit give my 60plat+ fortune to the lowest level I can find.
5. Finally pulling with hi I have a rr x minstrel..come on it must work!
About it.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I did a thread like this back in the day (more than a year ago): https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=14008

Tiny excerpt of my list from then:
  • Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once.
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me.
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere.
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles.
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run.
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;)
  • Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above.
  • Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun. ;)
  • Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies.
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside.
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential.
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience.
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ;)).
  • Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline.
  • Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH. :D
Note that this is over a year ago, so some things are a bit out of date.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
think im leaving more or less for good in two months but before then i would like to be rr6 on my shade, get Plaited Malamis / Ring Of heaven and another lot of MP leather so i can get over 400 dex, in the process of making a movie atm and thats going well, but i have a feeling its going to be overshadowed by edens movie. If anyone hasnt tried making one, its a great process tbh. But anyways, more or less achieved everything i ever thought i would realistically get ( a couple of 50 chars, rr5 at least on one, have a great time , meet cool people, and generally just be proud to be part of the whole community )

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm well :D

1. Delete your albion gimp chars..
2. Wank
3. do /level on hib and get pl´ed to 50 in 20 hourhs.
4. Wank
5. Get toa and ml done
6. Wank
7. Get rich
8. Wank
9. Assist Brack
10. Wank!

Crap allready did all this! :m00:
:cheers:
Oh yes.. 11. Stand still when your being BG´ed. ;)
Well getting to rr10 is a good goal to.. And make a buttload of friends ofc.. And a few foes..

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Ok heres my list :)

1) Be respected
2) Make a COMPLETE character (xp to 50 the old fashioned way with ml10 and a fully ToA'd template with all artifacts at level 10)
3) Ding a RR above 5 that you're happy with.
4) Kill all 3 SI Dungeon Master Mob Bosses
5) Kill Dragon
6) Kill all 3 DF Princes, Behemoth, Legion, Worm
7) Use your RR5 ability and ENJOY it.
8) Endure the pain of making a 6 part mp af102 chainmail order
9) Lead a relic raid
10 Lead a PvE raid
11) Make a movie that people like
12) Have a huge stash of cash (huge = over 100p minimum)
13) 1-shot an enemy in RvR
14) Get whine for /as spam (could be a problem - see point 1 lol)
15) Get whine on FH

oops a bit more than 10 but thats pretty much my list altho I have achieved most of them I wont say which i am still waiting to do :D

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
1. get 50
2. get SCed
3. go RvR
4. get rr6
5. get buff bot
6. get ML10
7. Get ToAed
8. Get buffbot ml10 and ToAed
9. Get rr10
10. perhaps a LGM Crafter :m00:

i think that would be my list now

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once.
Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me.
Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere.
Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles.
Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run.
Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about.
Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above.
Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun.
Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies.
Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside.
Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential.
Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience.
Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ).
Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline.
Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH.

aargh!

Can someone please start a FAO or whine thread for me pwetty please? :(

Chronictank

FH is my second home
hmm interesting question
1) Be in a gank grp vid with my new guild
2) Roll a char on camlann
3) Finish lvling/toa'ing my toons
4) Get a FAO whine :D
5) Crash the server one last time ^^

cant think of anymore at the mo :)

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
1. Find some old picture of your parents (just incase you mistake your neighbours for yer parents).
2. Tell your parents they got a son/daughter.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
1. Tell everyone you're leaving.
2. Tell everyone you're leaving for good, not just for a poopie brake.
3. Give away all your belongings in a free for all, first come first get event.
4. Kill all your characters in horrible accidents, involving kobolds, horse carriages and ale. Then delete them.
5. Uninstall DAoC and take hold of thy DAoC cd:s, all of them, yes, including buffbot one.
6. Emerge from behind stacks of pizzaboxes, soda bottles and napkins. For your runny nose ofcourse. *cough*
7. Don't get scared of the big flaming fireball in the sky, it's the sun, it's good for you...atleast in some people's minds.
8. Destroy the DAoC cd's in your hand by any means possible. This is a free choice for all and you any rituals you might see appropriate should be done now, not after the cd's are burned, hacked, run over with a dodge ram 3500 or dropped into your neighbors mailbox to make them get addicted <--Preferrable choice.
9. Don't get scared of the upright moneys who speak in full sentences.
10. Go buy another massive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom