1 week at camlann...

Lagman

Fledgling Freddie
Hey everybody /rude /rude /rude jk
I have played 1 week on camlann and i have never met so many ppl with so baaad attitude, i mean comeon its a game ffs. I already have a whole (extremely amusing though) screenshot collection with pics of pm's saying things that would make a sailor leave the bar...

well anyway just wanted the hear what ppl think about the cough "spirit" on camlann.

Btw I've met some although not many nice ppl also :cheers:

-MrFister the vampiir
Bring it on fool, im ninja! :p

Bellona

Banned
Lagman said:
I have played 1 week on camlann and i have never met so many ppl with so baaad attitude, i mean comeon its a game ffs. I already have a whole (extremely amusing though) screenshot collection with pics of pm's saying things that would make a sailor leave the bar...

well anyway just wanted the hear what ppl think about the cough "spirit" on camlann.

-MrFister the vampiir

First of all, you play a overpowered fotm class, that should be enough to get you trashtalked, and what I personally really liked about camlann was the hostility between guilds, and that you can be rough towards others, or simply just kill them, this freedom is just awesome.

the spirit of camlann is HATE :clap:

lampard

Fledgling Freddie
Na common, I have a playtime of nearly 80days now and i really never got flamed in a extreme way.
Sure, I got some flames in my 'career' but nothing, which u wont get in a IRC -Channel for a RvR-Server after a fight (i hope u understand what im trying to say).

So, sure.. ur playing a vamp, that was your biggest fault. Play a cleric and u'll see that everybode will be nice to you. :fluffle:

So, get 50 and get a new view on Camlann... the most flamers are the lvl20-30 ones, who are playing cam just while a server down, to give their hate a way to come out.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty much by your 3r week you'll probably be flaming just as much as them, as you "turn". However playing a Vamp you'll probably just get chained by lvl 50s who don't want another fotm char against them

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
Lagman said:

-MrFister the vampiir

wondering why always the lowbies and newbies on camlann cry at the rude attitude. when i started camlann with my bm, i´ve never got any sends including trash. maybe one should consider one´s own playstyle, and the class.

a vampiir aint a good char for a future on camlann as well except you prefer to hang around solo and get flamed coz of playing a fotm char.

get a decent char, a good guild, and then compare camlann with the lvl 20 times.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
lampard said:
which u wont get in a IRC -Channel for a RvR-Server after a fight (i hope u understand what im trying to say).

Yes it is a known fact camlann pvp is the biz pvE servers are not possible to 8 vs 8 on also camlann pvp quality is better lolz ya haha

On some more serious notes:

-fg vs fg combat is more mature on rvr servers
-you don't get whines because you can't insta-pm your foes
-pvp is not about camping SI cities and TOA havens on rvr servers.
-When you're losing on rvr you sure as fuck won't port away like 99% of camlann players seem to do (that was hilarious) for a safe passage.

As vintertrollen said earlier the "top of the rox" pvp guilds would not really stand their feet on rvr servers with any mixed setup. Not like you're gonna be soooo skilled roaming goth with your brown coloured rms fully toad and slaughtering duoers/soloers :p.

I would've loved to stay on camlann but after I was unable to ROAM (move around places, like camelot hills, quite nice zone) I stopped since most of the action is at the deathmatch like spots ie. SI portals TOA havens etc :). It's not the thing for me, on excal we also don't like hibs and albs, regardless, fg vs fg fights what keep me going , not flaming.

Edit: These /level 20 QQ threads are good to spread my wisdom though xD

Epo

Loyal Freddie
/agree

playing a vamp (or other fotm classes (yes bd is still fotm) ) is a big fault.
Same as deciding that camlann sucks while not highlvl. Play a supporter char or something ask ppl to join their guilds ( i think <shame on you> is recruiting ppl lvl30+ ) and get a lvl 50, then u get the impression how the attitude on camlann really is...

btw my bard's lvl 50 now and almost full equipped :flame:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
lampard said:
So, get 50 and get a new view on Camlann... the most flamers are the lvl20-30 ones, who are playing cam just while a server down, to give their hate a way to come out.

You forgot the bunch which pms you "BUFFED???????" et cetera ;] "LOL STRAFE NOOB". Plenty of lvl 50 ones of those around.

lampard

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:

Mkay, seems that you has missunderstand me. All of this big pro elite 8v8 Roxxor high rr super hero SGs are in IRC. So, you will get a lot of whines, flames, or rude handling after a fight.
IRC is the possibility to contact the people direct, because its not possible like on Cam.

This i want to say with the sentence, u quoted m8. So, only leaving Cam cause of the whines is dumb imho. When u even cant ignore them, ur perhaps really on the wrong server.

Its just the best way to ignore all and dont react. Then youll get a happy life on cam. :eek7:

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
lampard said:
Mkay, seems that you has missunderstand me. All of this big pro elite 8v8 Roxxor high rr super hero SGs are in IRC. So, you will get a lot of whines, flames, or rude handling after a fight.
IRC is the possibility to contact the people direct, because its not possible like on Cam.

This i want to say with the sentence, u quoted m8. So, only leaving Cam cause of the whines is dumb imho. When u even cant ignore them, ur perhaps really on the wrong server.

Its just the best way to ignore all and dont react. Then youll get a happy life on cam. :eek7:

Gah I am a bad person. I agree with someone from CoKKnd :eek7:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Lothandar said:
On some more serious notes:

-fg vs fg combat is more mature on rvr servers
-pvp is not about camping SI cities and TOA havens on rvr servers.
-When you're losing on rvr you sure as fuck won't port away like 99% of camlann players seem to do (that was hilarious) for a safe passage.

Well i played in pretty good RvR groups and i can't say it was better play then on Camlann, just different

It seems RvR is about waiting 3 hours to get a semi decent group together before getting zerged by 2 - 3 fg of (mids / hibs / albs take your pick) after which 2 people log and you can start all over again. I had fights on camlann which lasted 3 x MCL2 before the last person died. The better guilds don't port away, spread on timer, come back in timer to add again etc. But i guess you never played in a semi decent guild on Camlann. I am kinda sick of people who played 2 months on Camlann who state that RvR is so much better from 8v8 perspective. It's just bullshit. I played on Avalon and Prydwen in very good groups and i can say there is no difference in skill of players.

Only thing Camlann lacking is zergs

Only thing Camlann has plenty is bugs and flamers :>

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Shintari said:
wondering why always the lowbies and newbies on camlann cry at the rude attitude. when i started camlann with my bm, i´ve never got any sends including trash. maybe one should consider one´s own playstyle, and the class.

a vampiir aint a good char for a future on camlann as well except you prefer to hang around solo and get flamed coz of playing a fotm char.

get a decent char, a good guild, and then compare camlann with the lvl 20 times.
cos you always died in any battle xDDDDDDDDD

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
I am kinda sick of people who played 2 months on Camlann who state that RvR is so much better from 8v8 perspective. It's just bullshit. I played on Avalon and Prydwen in very good groups and i can say there is no difference in skill of players.

to be honest, rvr server 8vs8 are based on a higher level then any 8vs8 was on camlann, at least on stonehenge. and i played a really long persiod of time on camlann and still hang around some evenings so im quite able to get a objective view on the 8vs8 situation.

and yes, you played on avalon, but in the movies i see rr11 skalds having no idea of /face /stick and counter strafing and bg´ler doing a crappy job, wishing it was the same on stonehenge :p and i´ve never played on prydwen so far, but stonehenge > avalon after playing on ava for 6 months ;>

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Camlann sucks for fg v fg fights because l33t-one-fg-guilds cannot survive there.All good players gather in 2-3 guilds and that becomes too boring to fight the same enemies again and again and again because low population of camlann does't let to form more high pop guilds ...

Erm what did i say? Anyway I hope you see my point :D

Twinkies

Fledgling Freddie
Shintari said:
and yes, you played on avalon, but in the movies i see rr11 skalds having no idea of /face /stick and counter strafing and bg´ler doing a crappy job, wishing it was the same on stonehenge :p and i´ve never played on prydwen so far, but stonehenge > avalon after playing on ava for 6 months ;>

w00, let's bring up the good old discussion: The average skill was/is so much better when/where i play/played. It's not cus I played bad! People were just soo much better back then or on this other server.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Shinthari is a cock thinking he is a "skilled boy" but i bet he wont be any good in any fps game because daoc is not based much on skill like quake , counter-strike and so on.Organisation rules there ! A fg of avarage players playing every day in the same group in perfect setup and using just alittle bit of tactic can rule any daoc server :p

Have i destroyed your dreams boy ?! Oh sorry !!!

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Shintari said:
to be honest, rvr server 8vs8 are based on a higher level then any 8vs8 was on camlann, at least on stonehenge. and i played a really long persiod of time on camlann and still hang around some evenings so im quite able to get a objective view on the 8vs8 situation.

Prydwen like avalon and camlann have some good players and groups

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Bonelamencer said:
Shinthari is a cock thinking he is a "skilled boy" but i bet he wont be any good in any fps game because daoc is not based much on skill like quake , counter-strike and so on.Organisation rules there ! A fg of avarage players playing every day in the same group in perfect setup and using just alittle bit of tactic can rule any daoc server :p

how would you know, you don't play this game

and board trolling doesn't count as playing

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Bonelamencer said:

Actually daoc does take skill, but how the fk would you know that?

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
Prydwen like avalon and camlann have some good players and groups

yes, indeed, but i think the average 8vs8 niveau is higher on rvr servers then on camlann. this is my point of view ,)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Shintari said:
yes, indeed, but i think the average 8vs8 niveau is higher on rvr servers then on camlann. this is my point of view ,)

If you mean that RvR servers 8 man groups are better equiped and average higher ML i think you are right. But skillwise there is no difference, not on average, not on top level

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
old.windforce said:
how would you know, you don't play this game

and board trolling doesn't count as playing
I am much more experienced daoc player then you fyi :p

confused said:
Actually daoc does take skill, but how the fk would you know that?
Daoc isn't much dependant on clicking skills ! That's up to you to belive me or not conny :D

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
old.windforce said:
If you mean that RvR servers 8 man groups are better equiped and average higher ML i think you are right. But skillwise there is no difference, not on average, not on top level
Who rly cares about the biggest e-peen worldwide ?!

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Bellona said:
no, you are not

/agree

Bonelemancer i really can't understand how you can form an opinion on things in game by just reading boards. Amazing skills i guess :kissit:

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Played on beta and quit about 6 months ago, and there are only a few people who've played that long, and you're not one of them

Bahumat

FH is my second home
confused said:
Played on beta and quit about 6 months ago, and there are only a few people who've played that long, and you're not one of them

i think bonelamencer is an alt of an old pvp char that we all probably recognise.

he seems to know certain things an average joe would have no idea about.....old group setus etc.

with all bonelamencer's elitist info he is an rvr person

i bet bonelamencer's alt is............bastardos lol

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
confused said:

i played since beta fyi. And still do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom