1.88d archer love

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
can't believe the whine from hunters - if you want to talk overpowered how about a class that has a pet that interrupts, disease procs and crit attacks while they're target is being perforated by arrows

out of shield and beastcraft i know what i'd rather have

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
yeh yeh hunters are op... rofl :/
Wait and see the block/evade rate scouts will have when next patch hits here, add to that some buffs that rangers/hunters had and there u have something op...

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
what's the point of small shield and evade when your melee is no more powerful than hitting someone with a stick of celery :p

best use for shield and the new buffs and pet proof stealthing will be to slam and run away

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Be happy. You're getting a free buffline added to your bow skill - and you won't have to worry about hunters much anymore. You won't run into any hunter that can spec both melee + bow and still have a halfway decent pet. :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Be happy. You're getting a free buffline added to your bow skill - and you won't have to worry about hunters much anymore. You won't run into any hunter that can spec both melee + bow and still have a halfway decent pet. :)

In the same way that you won't ever run into a scout that can spec melee and bow and have even halfway decent shield.

As a scout if you want to actually hit something so natural regen won't out perform your damage you either gimp bow or shield. So either they get crap shield to go with your pet, or don't get all the fancy new buffs your all raving about.

Why getting some buffs that are sub-par what your bot gives you is so special anyway is something that NONE of the hunters currently crying have yet to explain!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't call a free 9.1dps damage add (if they manage to get it working again) and free red speed useless.

These changes don't really affect my huntress, since I'm already bow only. But the melee hunters aren't going to enjoy this patch (which is probably Mythic's intention - force people out of melee and back into archery). Also - Mythic needs to add a lot to the BC line now. There's only two abilities left in it. (Get pet in several spells that noone uses and Buff pet).

Makes you wonder if they were already considering the negative changes by the end of the last beastcraft upgrade cycle. (Personally, I don't think so. The way Mythic is acting, I doubt they right hand knows what the left one is doing when it comes to patches. :)

Let's see what we get next thursday in 1.88e.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I think it looks more and more like Mythic wants the archer classes to be just that, Archers... Wants stealth and melee? Well there is SB's, NS's and Infils (and Mincers, even dough they just hanging in that category by there fingertips) to roll. They are the classes that are truely ment to be the masters stealth melee.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I wouldn't call a free 9.1dps damage add (if they manage to get it working again) and free red speed useless.

These changes don't really affect my huntress, since I'm already bow only. But the melee hunters aren't going to enjoy this patch (which is probably Mythic's intention - force people out of melee and back into archery). Also - Mythic needs to add a lot to the BC line now. There's only two abilities left in it. (Get pet in several spells that noone uses and Buff pet).

So lets assume they are going to get the buffs in the bow line at the same level that they currently are in the pathfinding line.

A scout can spec for slam and 29 weapon. This gives about 45 bow. Lets assume they go 46 for the top damage add. Now the bad thing here is that a scout with 29 weapon even with the top damage add will still hit like a wet fish. In fact you could probably pm your caster mate out PvE'ing and he'll be able to port to the frontier, buff up, come find you and kill the scout before you die.
The whole argument started because 29 weapon was apparenly pointless on a hunter, not worth speccing, unable to kill anything. How this suddenly differs for a class not able to use a 2-handed weapon is somewhat surprising.

Now if the scout goes to the minimum level of weapon that a hunter chooses 39 he can get 37 bow. This gives a 7.3dps damage add.. only 2.3dps above the champ castable damage add that's available to them at the moment, and probably less than they could get simply by blowing a charge.

The truth is that any decent melee scout you've ever fought that won't get instantly obliterated by a hunter is probably at least 44 weapon. This gives about 32 bow tops, or a 5.4dps damage add, yes 0.4 higher than the champ castable one. So after all this the whine comes down to scouts raising their damage add by 0.4dps and a blue speed buff.

Glad to see we are keeping it in perspective!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom