Can't get enough of FH
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88d Release Notes
Archery and Stealth Changes
March 8, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Monsters, pets and Non-Player Characters (NPCs) will now halt their pursuit when a character stealths.

- Maulers will no longer lose Tireless when using a Realm Respec.

- (Pendragon only) In an effort to facilitate testing, we have added an NPC to each of the realm's capital cities which will grant the following: Experience, Realm Points, Bounty Points, and coin. This will allow players to create new characters or update existing characters as needed to test new additions to the game in a more effective and timely manner. Enjoy!
Note: These NPCs are located in the capital cities inside the primary entrance and can be identified by their <Testers Union> title.

CLASS AND SKILL CHANGES

Archery (Hunters, Rangers and Scouts)

This patch will implement functionality for the new Archery system. The mechanics of the system will be mostly in place, but delves of these attacks are still being tweaked.

- Archers have had their unique bow lines replaced with a new line, called "Archery".

- The Archery line contains 12 types of shots and several self buffs. The names of these abilities are still placeholders at this time, and will be updated in a later version in this patch cycle.

- The Pathfinding skill for Rangers has been merged into Archery, and all of the buffs from that line are now found in the Archery line (available to all Archer classes).

- Self buffs in Beastcraft have been replaced with the self buffs in the Archery Spec.

- New archery abilities are now available under the spells tab, under the Archery list.

- Archery damage and draw time are now affected by the Dexterity skill.

- Archery shots now have a minimum range of 200 units, except for the point blank shot.

- Archery shots now have different Endurance costs depending upon the shot.

- Archery shot types are as follows:

Standard Shot: Average range, draw time and damage.

Long Shot: Longer range, average draw time and slightly lower damage.

Power Shot: Shorter range, long draw time not affected by Dexterity; higher damage.

Point Blank Shot: Very short range, long draw time and high damage.

Critical Shot: Must be fired from stealth, very high damage, average range and average draw time.

Rapid Fire: Average range, short draw time and low damage.

Fire Shot: Heat damage, long draw time and shorter range.

Cold Shot: Cold damage, long draw time and shorter range.

Poison Shot: Body damage Direct Damage/Damage Over Time, long draw time and shorter range.

Acid Shot: Matter damage Direct Damage/Damage Over Time, long draw time and Shorter range.

Volley: Ground Targeted Arrow Volley will hit 3 times; damage increases with spec, as well as the number of enemies hit.

Siege Shot: Does damage to objects such as Keep Doors and Siege equipment.

Current known issues:

- Shield block, Bladeturn, Brittle Guards and Ablatives are not yet implemented.

- Icons are currently placeholders, and arrow effects are not yet implemented.

- Sounds are not yet implemented.

- Certain shots are not yet functioning when used against other players.

- The ability to choose damage types is not yet implemented.

- Realm Abilities are not finalized.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Quests - Midgard

- Blodfelag Inquiry - The item reward 'Protector's Pendant of Fortitude' will now reflect the proper Matter Resistance Bonus of 2%.

Item Notes

- The item 'Recruit's Axe' will now properly display as a one-handed axe when equipped and in combat.

DARKNESS RISING WORLD NOTES

Item Notes - Albion

- The spells on the Champion Weapons available to Minstrels have been changed to be more appropriate for the Minstrel's role in combat.

Minstrel Dextera Blade:

/use1 - Regeneration of Kings
/use2 - Perfectly Balanced or King's Precision

Minstrel Dextera Edge:

/use1 - Regeneration of Kings
/use2 - Perfectly Balanced or King's Precision

Upsilon Harp:

/use1 - Replenishment
/use2 - King's Precision or King's Shield

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
soo 2 bars full whit diffrent shots then :eek: ? kinda overkill imo

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Archer love?xD If that patch releases likes that hunters will be free rps. It's a major ranger boost and a decent scout boost also, but not an archer love patch , not in general at least.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
didn't they state they wanted to make archery more user friendly? I mean at the moment I use 1 click for crit, shot another to release, then another click to fire again etc.

Now i will be scrolling thru many possible shots thinking, ooo wtf hes close, no wait hes average range, ah shit hes moving long range, ffs hes close again. no wait I'll use cold damage, shit no hot damage, ffs poision the bastard!

They missed the ability to throw the bow in frustration, tho I guess all archery classes will get the ranger RR5 ability desperate bowman (re-named frustrated bowman).

I probably most concerned about the use of short, average, and long range, I'm assuming long range is 2000 units of so.

Eble

Fun times ahead

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
omg missed the most important part of this patch:

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Monsters, pets and Non-Player Characters (NPCs) will now halt their pursuit when a character stealths.

Pet classes can become a target at last.

Eble

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
sorry for post spamming but I keep finding stuff:

taken from critshot.com from testing on pend.

Standard Shot: Average range, draw time and damage. (2000 range)

Long Shot: Longer range, average draw time and slightly lower damage. (2200 range)

Power Shot: Shorter range, long draw time not affected by Dexterity; higher damage. (1500 range)

Point Blank Shot: Very short range, long draw time and high damage. (700 range)

Critical Shot: Must be fired from stealth, very high damage, average range and average draw time. (2000 range)

Rapid Fire: Average range, short draw time and low damage. (2000 range)

Fire Shot: Heat damage, long draw time and shorter range. (1500 range)

Cold Shot: Cold damage, long draw time and shorter range. (1500 range)

Poison Shot: Body damage Direct Damage/Damage Over Time, long draw time and shorter range. (1500 range)

Acid Shot: Matter damage Direct Damage/Damage Over Time, long draw time and Shorter range. (1500 range)

Volley: Ground Targeted Arrow Volley will hit 3 times; damage increases with spec, as well as the number of enemies hit. (2000 range)

Siege Shot: Does damage to objects such as Keep Doors and Siege equipment. (2000 range)

This was mainly in response to the question of ranges. All ranges for all classes are the same.

As far as other questions I remember:

-Hunters still have insta-pets and the insta buff for pets. Pet is the same as pre patch.

-You can que other shots after Crit shot, it just drops you out of stealth when you do.

-All pathfinding buffs are now in archery, level 50 gives the last few, cant remember off hand which they were, but i think they were the dex/qui and dmg add.

-I did notice a difference in damage between lower spec and 50 spec. Since they only put in the archery changes, and they have not fixed bonuses from armor/weapons, I only have +2 to archery (from an item that has +2 all spell lines BTW). Damage seems to be exactly like spell damage. It is delving a bit lower than say, damage spells, but the damage is roughly the same as it was currently (still have to log in and test on the regular server). At 30 spec I was missing often, and damage was about half of what it is at 50 spec with much fewer misses than the 30 spec. I see it mostly like resists with a spell, rather than saying the target resisted the spell, it says you missed.

-Crit shot is currently slash damage, and on slash resist mobs I was hitting for nearly 800 damage and it was consistant like spell damage. I saw 796 damage on most yellow con mobs.

-Standard shot was hitting consistantly at 362 on same mobs.

-Power shot hit for approx. 500 damage on same mobs.

-Point blank shot hit for 550ish on same mobs, and much higher on a blue con mob, nearly 800. It is not a PBAOE and does not have fall off damage.

-Fire and ice shots both hit for roughly the same as standard shot, it just has 500 less range. On a resistant mob it hit for about 360, and on vulnerable mobs for about 450.

-Volley is a GTAOE spell now doing approx. 250-300 damage on blue con mobs. It has a 10 second duration and ticks every 3 seconds. I would assume +duration will effect.

-Rapid shot hit for about 150 on the above mention yellow con mobs.

-Long shot hit for about 280 on the same mobs.

-DOT shots (poison and acid) hit for 180ish and ticked for 80-85 every 5 seconds. 20 second duration.
Seems the damage on test server has been toned down, so it might no be that bad once they increase it, also spell queing should work so multiple arrow types could be used.

Who knows, either be the end of my DOAC experience or something new.

Eble

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds kinda advanced to me, i would probably just screw up the shooting if i start to play my hunter again :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
didn't they state they wanted to make archery more user friendly? I mean at the moment I use 1 click for crit, shot another to release, then another click to fire again etc.

Now i will be scrolling thru many possible shots thinking, ooo wtf hes close, no wait hes average range, ah shit hes moving long range, ffs hes close again. no wait I'll use cold damage, shit no hot damage, ffs poision the bastard!

They missed the ability to throw the bow in frustration, tho I guess all archery classes will get the ranger RR5 ability desperate bowman (re-named frustrated bowman).

I probably most concerned about the use of short, average, and long range, I'm assuming long range is 2000 units of so.

Eble

Fun times ahead

Uhm use groundtarget to check distance, choose the right shot and 1 click, seems kinda easy to me ^^

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
It'll be like melee where you find yourself having 4/5 styles you use the most. I doubt we'll have to fill our quickbars. I'm not convinced though, on the surface it looks to me like Scouts get a huge boost as they have access a buff line and Rangers/Hunters lose this advantage, do they get something in return? It's early days yet so I guess they'll have to think about that.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
this sounds fucking ace! cant wait for this tbh, im so gonna respec to bow spec on my scout with all this :D sounds like fun to me, tobad there wont be any ppl to shoot when this hits the eu servers :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not convinced though, on the surface it looks to me like Scouts get a huge boost as they have access a buff line and Rangers/Hunters lose this advantage, do they get something in return?

Well, we'll have to see, but Hunters still get pets and pet buffs, and Rangers save spec points by not having to spec in an extra line.

Darzil

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
sounds interesting so far....now lets wait and see what happens with block rates, evade rates, brittle guard, pbt etc

Zede

Part of the furniture
The normalisation of classes across the realms continues !

All for one, and one for all !

Its all getting very WoWish, welcome to EAs influence peeps :(

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
If they put the hunter pet on that "archery" line it will be ok for hunters, if not, it will suck hard.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Sure hope archers wont end up like rangers. Cause tbh, considering rangers dualwield this is huge boost for them. :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Well I'm leveling a hunter but already have 50 scout and ranger on EU so hopefully when GOA give our accounts to Mythic I can just play them instead if they end up better than my hunter :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
To be honest, I still think there's gonna be plenty of uniqueness within the archer classes. I think this will go a long way towards balancing them on Classic servers and also offer a much-needed boost in utility and DPS.

If the buffs are in the Archery line, then all 3 archers will have access to them. I'm expecting that Hunters will keep Beastcraft (and their pet summoming and charming abilities), scouts will keep Shield and with removal of the PF line, Rangers will either get something new OR the ability to spec high bow and high melee. This will actually reinforce the archetypes of;

Scout - Defensive Archer
Hunter - Pet Archer (in a one-with-nature-kinda-way)
Ranger - Offensive Archer

I'd expect to see a lot of rangers with something like 45bow, 35stealth,44pierce,25cd which, with their self-buffs from the Archery line would be a really solid archery AND melee class, especially if they revisit the new DW mechanics at some point.

Of course, I could be wrong. I don't see that this is going to make all archers into a one-size-fits-all homogenous lump though...more that it will balance them more while making their differences MORE apparenent and more relevant to their playstyle.

Or it could be shite...I dunno really

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hunters will be fooked over, giving away our toys to the other 2 classes sucks, we also will have to drop either melee weapon or bow to keep our pets, negating the new archery toys or the other way round, while scouts get to keep their slam and high bow.

The only happy faces I see so far are albs and hibs, what glee for them as someone said "hunters will become free RPs!!" - so true.

Mythic shit on us, and heck, EA are making a bad job worse.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
It's not final and I can't see them keeping BC if the only thing in it is purely a pet. Lets wait and see what else they do.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hunters will be fooked over, giving away our toys to the other 2 classes sucks, we also will have to drop either melee weapon or bow to keep our pets, negating the new archery toys or the other way round, while scouts get to keep their slam and high bow.

The only happy faces I see so far are albs and hibs, what glee for them as someone said "hunters will become free RPs!!" - so true.

Isn't that what EA do best ? :p J/K I am sure the finality of the patch will see Gamah at least pining to play something other than a minstrel in the end. Keep that mincer patch on ice imo ;)

igli

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm dunno what the spec bow will bring but othwewhise its BIG nerf:( ofc u should have an advantage on higher ground:(

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH

tbh i'd rather have an annoying interrupting pet than shield

Killswitch

FH is my second home

Not sure I quite follow, old boy...assuming all archers spec 35 stealth each has a further 3 lines to choose from; bow, weapon, something

No class is going to lose anything...everything in the BC line that duplicates something in the PF line will be removed and Hunters will have access to all the PF buffs (basically DA, Str, Dex/Qui, Speed Burst, Shield) through the archery line.

Then, you'll have to choose which lines to spec, why not 45 BC 45 Bow 23 Spear? Good bow, top pet, okay weapon. Access to all the new bow stuff probably. Plus you have all the buffs you ever had before and a new DA.

How is this any worse than a Ranger who can spec 45 Bow, 44 Weapon, 25 CD? This maximises their aggressive 'melee' nature, gives good DPS against non-shield classes and excellent bow damage. Also they have all the buffs they had before.

Or scouts? They can go 42 Shield 45 Bow 28 Weapon for slam and good bow damage. Their melee DPS will still be the lowest in the game though. Scouts gain the most through getting access to the buffs through the Archery line.

I certainly don't see this as overpowering Scouts or Rangers over Hunters and I don't see how Hunters "lose" anything. They have the same choice of Bow, Weapon and <insert class-defining line here>. The idea is the shield, wolf or melee makes the class unique.

Think about it a bit more...I don't agree with you here.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i cant see them keeping the BC line purely for pets, so hunters will likely end up with something silly to go there (maybe make hunters a pet-spammer hahaha)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure I quite follow, old boy...assuming all archers spec 35 stealth each has a further 3 lines to choose from; bow, weapon, something

No class is going to lose anything...everything in the BC line that duplicates something in the PF line will be removed and Hunters will have access to all the PF buffs (basically DA, Str, Dex/Qui, Speed Burst, Shield) through the archery line.

Then, you'll have to choose which lines to spec, why not 45 BC 45 Bow 23 Spear? Good bow, top pet, okay weapon. Access to all the new bow stuff probably. Plus you have all the buffs you ever had before and a new DA.

How is this any worse than a Ranger who can spec 45 Bow, 44 Weapon, 25 CD? This maximises their aggressive 'melee' nature, gives good DPS against non-shield classes and excellent bow damage. Also they have all the buffs they had before.

Or scouts? They can go 42 Shield 45 Bow 28 Weapon for slam and good bow damage. Their melee DPS will still be the lowest in the game though. Scouts gain the most through getting access to the buffs through the Archery line.

I certainly don't see this as overpowering Scouts or Rangers over Hunters and I don't see how Hunters "lose" anything. They have the same choice of Bow, Weapon and <insert class-defining line here>. The idea is the shield, wolf or melee makes the class unique.

The problem here you are not seeing is the toys that will do the best damage will occur higher than 45 bow, liek Ragnarok, or the 50 mauler style, you have to spec fully in that skill to gain the best advantage, sacrificing any other toys in the other lines. Thanes have the worst expample of this, going high weapon and 42 sheild limits the casting line to near useless and sod all in parry to compensate their poor defence skills.

So this leave you with 50 bow, 35 stealth and for most 39 weapon to get a reasonable style, leaving a mere 23 for BC, 80% pet no self pet buff or styles or disease, useless. Any lower weapon on a hunter and we might as well throw kittens and doylies at our opponents.

TBH all 3 have been unique until this, this makes them too similar in all respects and takes away the definition of the classes.

Then the multitude of arrow "styles", also seems stupid, knowing your targets distance is bloody daft, clicking macros to range find even dafter.

Ill take a look at the changes, see how it goes, but atm its a frightening thought of mass upheaval for job justification and not the benefit of the classes.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Before this patch a hunter if he wanted to go melee spec could spec beastcraft and spear/sword (as well as stealth). He could effectively ignore bow spec and not lose any melee potential. If he keeps his same spec when this patch hits he will lose the buffs from BC line. In order to get the buffs back he will have to lose some Spear/sword/BC spec.

The scout didn't have the self buffs anyway so he is getting something extra (if he chooses to spec this way) and the ranger has one less line to spec in to get the same stuff and so he will also be able to get extra things. As it stands hunters ARE losing out. I am not able to comment on if this nerf was nescessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom