Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think it means any more BD love
But it does imply the mentalism specline will be looked at for next patch

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aiteal said:
I don't think it means any more BD love

it isnt, but it also isnt the huge bd nerf so many ppl were having such a blast at. :D

they will keep humiliating ppl, just now it will be BA and darkness BD's as much as supp BD's ;)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
it looks like they are going through the least used spell lines to revamp them, so i strongly suspect that mentalism will be looked at :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
does this mean some sorc love? - making matter a viable line?

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect that all lines that you dont see mutch of dayley use of, will be looked ower. Lines not used mutch is so for a reason. Will be an interesting patch, thats for sure.

Maybe Runemasters RC line will be looked ower and addjusted for mana cost and damage, one can allways hope.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The way I see it they aren't aiming for three viable spec lines on casters - It's more reasonable to expect them to make two at least partially useful in RVR.

Anyway, they already admitted that the pet-love plus the current spells the BD has would be overpowered (though I doubt it very much), and lowered the spells so to make the BD 'acceptable' until 1.88 is rolled out. Every indication is there that in 1.88 the spell lines will be changes again for the BD. Unfortunately we won't know until 1.88 ends if that's a good or a bad thing. :)

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
All the BDS on gareth server are runing around with a zerg or caster or archer pets lol not many use healers now.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
sorc doesnt need love.. but id sell my granny for some minstrel love.. or better yet statueds virginity to the highest bidder :O

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Our goal was to change the class to have at least two, and hopefully three wholly viable spec lines, instead of one overly dominant spec line. This thought process will eventually be applied to every class with a severely lacking spell line (I’m looking at YOU Mentalism Mentalists)
That is very big news for ments tbh, it's the first ever offical acknowledgement I ever remember seeing in 4yrs that anything needs fixing about the class. Looks good for 1.88 imo.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
If they'll do something for Mentalism, maybe they'll do something for the Shaman's sucktacular Cave line...?

:D

Boosting Painworking wouldn't hurt, either.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
That is very big news for ments tbh, it's the first ever offical acknowledgement I ever remember seeing in 4yrs that anything needs fixing about the class. Looks good for 1.88 imo.

Not familiar with ments speclines, but hopefully it will be a very postive move.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Imo mentalism is the poorest specline ever in any class in any realm (certainly in hib), deficiencies in other classes really arent in the same league. Bring on the menta menta love.

Gamah

Banned
Commandment said:
sorc doesnt need love.. but id sell my granny for some minstrel love.. or better yet statueds virginity to the highest bidder :O

I'd sell your granny for MInstrel love :(

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
Imo mentalism is the poorest specline ever in any class in any realm (certainly in hib), deficiencies in other classes really arent in the same league. Bring on the menta menta love.

SM summon line is the most poinltess tbh, when you take it from the point of view that you're not meant to solo farm every toa mob that is :p

cmr

Banned
Maeloch said:

gogo maeloch im your number one fan, hope theres menta love would be nice to see them suddenly wanted in fgs, i think they are quite solid as it is, extra dps on the assist and an extra cure mezz and a nice class to solo with because of that sick rr5 and the stun/mezz combo. I hope they fix bd pets to cast at 1500 range and darkness line will be nice for bd

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Playing a Ment as my main in US and I'm looking forward to a bit of love, although as the evil Britester says (and much though I hate to agree with him) they seem to be a solid RvR class with 46light/28ment spec, although lacking utility and groupability when compared to Bains and Elds (and Chanters, to a lesser degree).

Bring on the luv!!!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I noticed last night that BD pets have the same LOS issues as Shrooms, was being shot for 100 by a few BD archers near a keep even though they were inside it and I was standing by the way well and truely out of LOS :)

Nice to see when Mythic cock something up they do it with some sense of reliability!

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
wiiii i'm gonna get my little bugger ment out again :D

cmr

Banned
Kami said:
I noticed last night that BD pets have the same LOS issues as Shrooms, was being shot for 100 by a few BD archers near a keep even though they were inside it and I was standing by the way well and truely out of LOS :)

Nice to see when Mythic cock something up they do it with some sense of reliability!

people have been complaining about the opposite that the BD pets will cast when they have no LoS and then fail the spell and also go to 800 range to cast and obviously die because they are uncontrolable, if they sort that alone it would make 50 darkness a viable specline and BDs would be fine IMO, thats my opinion as i dont want the class to become an OP soloing zerg class, just semi viable in groups incase i ever want to play it again.

im supprised you still see all these zerging bds out... dont they know about the nerf yet :p

And i very much doubt there will be bone army BDs out as they still suck if they hit through walls or not :p

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
SM summon line is the most poinltess tbh, when you take it from the point of view that you're not meant to solo farm every toa mob that is :p

Atleast ut has a use of some degree. I think they wants the spec lines to be usefull for something at first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom