1.87 Cone nerf - hunter pet disese tweaked!!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Right, I've had a look on VN Boards and the Necro TL has posted the following regarding the Necro penalties being removed:

I don't think there is an easy way to say exactly what this means, so I'll limit myself to 5 lines.

At some long-forgotten point in the past the abomination was detuned slightly vs a standard level 44 mob.
Similar adjustments were made for the GNS.
These adjustments have been removed.
The effect may be noticeable, but not overwhelming.
Some very careful tester might be able to find the difference.

You can read the full thread here: http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_disciple_discussion/b22324/100371329/p3

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Not happy with the hunter nerf, currently playing one in CV, the pet helps me to give an equal fight against other stealthers, sometimes i win, sometimes i lose, Bow damage isnt enough to kill a target, and melee damage is slow with both spear or sword. Currently i feel the hunter is wel rounded and far from overpowered, still lots of targets i cant kill.

Censi seems to do OK in melee with his Sword Hunter. Perhaps a respec for you?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
Since my Necro, Moaning Myrtle hit RR5, I've found it extremely difficult to make any RPs at all. She's RR5L4 ATM and I've not played her for months. Why? Because assassins see 'Eagle Knight' and know they haven't got a hope in hell of beating me so they just don't bother attacking me.

In fact, the only people who do attack me are those whom have such incredible advantages over me that I couldn't possibly win. I'm talking generally about caster classes here who can exploit their huge range advantage and kite 4tehwin, FGs or stealth zergs.

As far as I am concerned, these changes do not go far enough. The biggest gripes I have are:

1. They still have not fixed pathing, or allowed the Necro to take a buffed pet to Mid or Hib on a boat.

2. The Abom is me, therefore should be Lvl 50 as well. This is my biggest issue. Having a blue con pet simply means that it dies faster, really not on given how many ways the Abom can be prevented from doing anything useful at all.

3. The Necro has no Dex at all upon creation. My Dex may transfer to it, but it is not enough (even with 101 Dex in template) given that we have the slowest casting speed spells in the game. Base Dex should transfer to the Abom. On a similar note, the Casting Speed ToA bonus does not affect Abom cast spells, which is clearly bollocks as well.

4. Our RR5 is utter shit. I'd rather have a 50% magic absorb of 30 secs duration on a 5 min timer.

So, in conclusion, some decent improvements, but not nearly enough and we've been made to wait far too long for them to arrive.

You whinged that nobody would fight you as they know they can't beat you then say you want a BOOST to damage? That doesn't really make any sense.

Oh and you don't have the slowest cast times, Curse spec Warlocks have much longer cast times, locked at 4secs I believe regardless of their dex. I remember both my DS and servant spec aboms being able to cast a lot faster than that.

I agree that the pet should be level 50 and there are TONS of pathing issues that effect not only the necro but also the BD, Theurg, cabbie and Animist etc but the necromancer is far from gimped.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
You whinged that nobody would fight you as they know they can't beat you then say you want a BOOST to damage? That doesn't really make any sense.

Oh and you don't have the slowest cast times, Curse spec Warlocks have much longer cast times, locked at 4secs I believe regardless of their dex. I remember both my DS and servant spec aboms being able to cast a lot faster than that.

I agree that the pet should be level 50 and there are TONS of pathing issues that effect not only the necro but also the BD, Theurg, cabbie and Animist etc but the necromancer is far from gimped.

I didn't say I wanted a boost to damage, I said I wanted to be able to cast faster which isn't the same. The reason I want more dex on the Abomination is because, as I am sure you're aware, higher Dex = less chance of being interrupted. Besides, given that our range is half that of normal casters is a cast speed increase such a big thing to ask for?

Oh, and comparing a Necro to a Warlock is just plain retarded. I can't dump three chambers instantly for fucking stupid damage can I?

Finally, a Necro is nothing like A BD, Theurg, Cabbie or Animist. if they lose their pets, so what? They are still buffed and can defend themselves. If a Necro loses their pet due to pathing then they are an easy kill for anyone.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
I didn't say I wanted a boost to damage, I said I wanted to be able to cast faster which isn't the same. The reason I want more dex on the Abomination is because, as I am sure you're aware, higher Dex = less chance of being interrupted. Besides, given that our range is half that of normal casters is a cast speed increase such a big thing to ask for?

Oh, and comparing a Necro to a Warlock is just plain retarded. I can't dump three chambers instantly for ------- stupid damage can I?

Finally, a Necro is nothing like A BD, Theurg, Cabbie or Animist. if they lose their pets, so what? They are still buffed and can defend themselves. If a Necro loses their pet due to pathing then they are an easy kill for anyone.

Warlocks can't insta dump chambers but then again they're not near-melee immune either. Play a warlock you'd learn that there's a timer between the chambers and if you have 3 the chances are you've got a fairly poor spec (or are a decent RR already.) I wasn't comparing the two I was merely pointing out you don't by any means have the poorest casting speed. I'd never compare two entirely different classes, infact you can't really compare any two DAOC classes as they're meant to be different (it's sort of the point).

So essentially what you're asking for is:

1. Pet to be level 50
2. Increased pet casting speed (more dex)
3. better pathing
4. 50% magic absorb of 30 secs duration on a 5 min timer.

You've won me over on 3 out of the 4, can you guess which one I think you're blowing bubbles out your arse on? :) *cough* RR5 *cough*

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Warlocks can't insta dump chambers but then again they're not near-melee immune either. Play a warlock you'd learn that there's a timer between the chambers and if you have 3 the chances are you've got a fairly poor spec (or are a decent RR already.) I wasn't comparing the two I was merely pointing out you don't by any means have the poorest casting speed. I'd never compare two entirely different classes, infact you can't really compare any two DAOC classes as they're meant to be different (it's sort of the point).

So essentially what you're asking for is:

1. Pet to be level 50
2. Increased pet casting speed (more dex)
3. better pathing
4. 50% magic absorb of 30 secs duration on a 5 min timer.

You've won me over on 3 out of the 4, can you guess which one I think you're blowing bubbles out your arse on? :) *cough* RR5 *cough*

LOL :)

Fair enough mate, it's wishful thinking. But even a dog deserves a warm peice of the sidewalk ;)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
lol :p This makes me so glad i went mid. That celerity boost is gonna hurt alot me thinks. As if it wasn't bad enough before.

Ah well, more easymode for us :D

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

General

- The following Master Level abilities have been modified to be usable in PVE while retaining their current PVP utility:

-Cowering Bellow: The added PVE functionality behaves similarly to PVP, but the cower will break on normal monsters if that monster is attacked.

-Dissonance Trap: PVP and PVE monsters will now both be able to trigger and take damage from a Dissonance Trap.

-Battlewarder: A battlewarder can now aggro and attack PVE monsters as well as realm enemies.

-Energy Tempest: The energy tempest will now damage both PVP enemies and PVE monsters within the storm radius.

me thinks they rock too :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The correct subject for this thread would have been:

1.87 - Hunter Nerf - Druid pet, Vampiir and Bainshee tweaked!!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
The correct subject for this thread would have been:

1.87 - Hunter Nerf - Druid pet, Vampiir and Bainshee tweaked!!

Nah more like:

1.87 - Hunter/Druid pets nerfed, Necros and Bainshee tweaked and Skalds left confused. :p

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
tbh Skald RR5 usable in combat is FUCKING AWESOME. Makes me want to roll Mid again and make a Skald

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
They should just make the Abomination a Shapechange "Buff" with an ABS componant, fixes every single problem there is with Necro's.
No more LoS issue's, no more insane pet like absorb, no more losing your pet due pathing or a boat ride, actually being able to play in 8v8 groups, no more "can't use this because you are in shade mode" bug etc etc.
Then add a few 2h styles and maybe 1.5x spec points to compensate and you got yourself a very solid caster/tank class that is actually balanced and can fight both casters and melee without being OP vs one and useless vs the other.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
They should just make the Abomination a Shapechange "Buff" with an ABS componant, fixes every single problem there is with Necro's.
No more LoS issue's, no more insane pet like absorb, no more losing your pet due pathing or a boat ride, actually being able to play in 8v8 groups, no more "can't use this because you are in shade mode" bug etc etc.
Then add a few 2h styles and maybe 1.5x spec points to compensate and you got yourself a very solid caster/tank class that is actually balanced and can fight both casters and melee without being OP vs one and useless vs the other.

ROFL it started off so well :eek7:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:

Oh, and comparing a Necro to a Warlock is just plain retarded. I can't dump three chambers instantly for fucking stupid damage can I?

if you bothered to read the notes properly instead of just mouthing off crap, you would have noticed the fact that they've removed the level cap on the greater necro pet which current caps at around 32 (its been 3+ years since I last used it so excuse me for being slightly off). This pet has a much higher inate dexterity than the abomination, thus by using this "new" pet instead in rvr, you gain a faster cast speed.

tada!

o and last time I looked my necro had spells that were at 1500range too, the same as most casters out there. I've not rvr'd on my necro since OF so I forget whether %range works properly but even if it doesnt thats hardly half the range of other casters. They also have the ability to take on people face to face, even multiple people. They have free instant lifetaps, a qc that lasts for 3-4 spells, not 1 like other casters and can also heal themselves with hots.

Its not a caster by the normal definition. Stop assuming it should be.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:

Good idea tbh.. kinda like a Thane or VW.

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
I love my Necro and i'm used to all its faults...and its bonuses, but we've been ignored by Mythic for a very long time, probably due to the fact that there's only about 2 Necro's in RvR at any one time.

We're not melee immune, and until very recently we didn't have purge, which i will admit, has made a difference to me, but then i had the RP's to be able to buy it.

Hunters/Rangers i'll admit, are pretty useless against us, but when they're 2 shotting ppl at stupid ranges, who whines about that?
Biggest advantage Stealthers have is...Stealth! They don't even have to appear near the Necro, just stay hidden!
2 Decent stealthers can bring down most Necro's.
TBH, i'd be very worried if 2 Decent stealthers paired up on me, for example, Guindor/Dwera/Fiaoton/etc...3 would wipe me.
Against lower RR's i'm pretty confident, unless they really zerg me, although my RR does help see me through.

For all the talk about us being melee immune, how many Necro's you see in RvR?
What RR are they?
I think there's only about 4 that are RR5 or higher? Don't think there's many other classes in DAoC, that are so underplayed in RvR, considering how 'OP' you all think Necro's are.

Before you flame any of this, play a Necro in RvR (i'm always happy to help a newbie Necro), see how damn difficult it is (as anyone who has played a Necro in RvR will tell you), then come back and flame.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Vampiir

- The recast timer on the Vampiir's fumble debuff line of spells (Call of the Raven) has been increased from 15 to 30 sec.

lol like that makes such a big differnce

Everz

FH is my second home
Drusus said:
I love my Necro and i'm used to all its faults...and its bonuses, but we've been ignored by Mythic for a very long time, probably due to the fact that there's only about 2 Necro's in RvR at any one time.

We're not melee immune, and until very recently we didn't have purge, which i will admit, has made a difference to me, but then i had the RP's to be able to buy it.

Hunters/Rangers i'll admit, are pretty useless against us, but when they're 2 shotting ppl at stupid ranges, who whines about that?
Biggest advantage Stealthers have is...Stealth! They don't even have to appear near the Necro, just stay hidden!
TBH, i'd be very worried if 2 Decent stealthers paired up on me, for example, Guindor/Dwera/Fiaoton/etc...3 would wipe me.
Against lower RR's i'm pretty confident, unless they really zerg me, although my RR does help see me through.

What RR are they?
I think there's only about 4 that are RR5 or higher? Don't think there's many other classes in DAoC, that are so underplayed in RvR, considering how 'OP' you all think Necro's are.

Before you flame any of this, play a Necro in RvR (i'm always happy to help a newbie Necro), see how damn difficult it is (as anyone who has played a Necro in RvR will tell you), then come back and flame.

Ive played a necro is rvr, quit crying how pathetic and weak you are, cos for a fact we are far from it, just means leaving the bridge now and then jaxxal, necro can handle 1-2 melee at a time (this was when i played on classic) and id leave the fight with full life and nearly all my power, barely even touched.. The changes are way overthe top, the abommy can hit for up to 300 dmg (tested in AC on some oj's) with one swing with either parry chain or side/back styles etc, the casting pets speed for unbuffed was faster then my buffed abommy as far as i could see. Way to much love, all that needed tweaking was the pet level so it is at least a yellow con, but this is riduculous, what once made a necro fun was how rare they are in rvr , although now i see necro being the new fotm, gg mythic.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I like this patch! Maybe we'll see necros in FGs now.. :worthy:

It's only one thing that upsets me, and that is that heretic class havn't been looked into yet. Heretic starting to look like necros. Mebbe we'll get love in 2 years or so ..

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Ive played a necro is rvr, quit crying how pathetic and weak you are, cos for a fact we are far from it, just means leaving the bridge now and then jaxxal, necro can handle 1-2 melee at a time (this was when i played on classic) and id leave the fight with full life and nearly all my power, barely even touched.. The changes are way overthe top, the abommy can hit for up to 300 dmg (tested in AC on some oj's) with one swing with either parry chain or side/back styles etc, the casting pets speed for unbuffed was faster then my buffed abommy as far as i could see. Way to much love, all that needed tweaking was the pet level so it is at least a yellow con, but this is riduculous, what once made a necro fun was how rare they are in rvr , although now i see necro being the new fotm, gg mythic.

Melee is great, how many Melee t00ns do you meet? 'Dark Age of Cast-a-lot' i believe it's now called?
Me and an enemy caster meet, at the same time we both press to cast, he casts straight away, my pet pauses for 1 second (this glitch came in 2 patches ago), then begins casting, +cast speed% doesn't work (as long as its in range, Necro's having no spell range beyond 1500, +range% doesn't work).
Our pets summon with 0 dex, +whatever dex your SC has (101) then whatever you can buff it with.
Most casters i believe have 350'ish Dex, +101 SC, +Buffs, +10 cast speed%.

So as great as melee is, unless all your going to do is sit on a bridge near Beno and fight melee'ers, we're outclassed in RvR against the majority of played t00ns.

There is also the viability of Necro's in groups, Pet is difficult to target (until 1.87), impossible to distinguish from any other Necro's pet, still has pathing problems, still the only t00n who is defenceless after boating/porting anywhere...

...i'll stop there, there are major issues, but whoopdee-doo, we get some love for a patch, still wont mean we can jump from RR1 to RR12 in a week (like some classes), we still wont be able to wipe a zerg (like some classes).

Everz

FH is my second home
Drusus said:
Melee is great, how many Melee t00ns do you meet? 'Dark Age of Cast-a-lot' i believe it's now called?
Me and an enemy caster meet, at the same time we both press to cast, he casts straight away, my pet pauses for 1 second (this glitch came in 2 patches ago), then begins casting, +cast speed% doesn't work (as long as its in range, Necro's having no spell range beyond 1500, +range% doesn't work).
Our pets summon with 0 dex, +whatever dex your SC has (101) then whatever you can buff it with.
Most casters i believe have 350'ish Dex, +101 SC, +Buffs, +10 cast speed%.

So as great as melee is, unless all your going to do is sit on a bridge near Beno and fight melee'ers, we're outclassed in RvR against the majority of played t00ns.

There is also the viability of Necro's in groups, Pet is difficult to target (until 1.87), impossible to distinguish from any other Necro's pet, still has pathing problems, still the only t00n who is defenceless after boating/porting anywhere...

...i'll stop there, there are major issues, but whoopdee-doo, we get some love for a patch, still wont mean we can jump from RR1 to RR12 in a week (like some classes), we still wont be able to wipe a zerg (like some classes).

Never heard of FP, use it, lifetap is strong dmg, cba to dig up my dmg screenies for it atm, but its good dmg and will heal the pet easy enough, i agree with the pathing problems, there a major concern they shoulda been dealt with a long time ago,

necro summons with 0 dex.. 101 in suit and 155 in buffs = 256.. that is naff but u can cope by, plus if worse happens u can hot and send the pet on attack, abommy can keep up cos of its speed (remember the days when you send pet at target and cant keep up with pet = dead :/)

but fair enough it'll mean a necro can walk into a stealth zerg and come out alive with a nice amount of rp now xD

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Ryuno said:
tbh Skald RR5 usable in combat is FUCKING AWESOME. Makes me want to roll Mid again and make a Skald

im hoping thats a joke? :(

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Drusus said:

Not melee immune, no Im quite sure you are not melee-immune, but cmon.. thats semantics. There's *NOT* a single melee-class who can kill you by utilizing melee when the both of you are buffed. Thats not balanced, its just bullshit.

Hahaha. 2 shotting people at stupid range.. The one who whined about it (a level 43 cleric if Im not mistaken, somewhere around 4 years ago) got archers nerfed into oblivion.

... Hey lets nerf Necromancers fully into the ground. Your biggest advantage is... being able to pwn in PvE! They dont even have to appear near the frontier, just stay in the PvE-areas!

So you are 'worried' when 2 RR9+ stealthers jump u ? WOW. You are sure in need of love, cmon 2 RR9+ stealthers should just die instantly to the might of the necro!

What RR are they?

I think nobody is argueing that necromancers needed love. But aslong you have near melee-immunity, love shouldnt be given out too much (like they did now...). Fix the damn buffs, hell let you shapeshift into the Abomination for more direct controls (like mindcontrol works in WoW for example).

Difficulty in playing in RvR shouldnt have any impact on the amount of love you get. Mentalists aint thát popular either, perhaps we should give em 80% absorb (which also affects magic damage), quickcast affecting the next 3 spells and being able to powertap aswell !

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else fail to see the reason they had to change from some classes shields to larger shields?
Sure it isnt a nerf but cant go around tossing new stuff to classes that dont really need it :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
I need large shield... err Thanes need large shield, suits the BG role and nice to be able to handle another attacker if high shield spec and ra spec :)

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Again, if Necro's are so OP, why have there NEVER been more than 10 make it past RR5, and none make it to RR10 as yet?

If they are so OP BS, why doesn't every Alb have 1 in RvR?

I'm going to keep quiet about the other fix...

<whispers> Necro's are no longer affected as a mob, no more crits over 50% !!!

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
No..fek large shield..if 3 r on u...u wont survive long enough to notice the difference. Give Something to make Stormcalling good and not moderate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom