1.82E live on pendragon

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
NEW FRONTIERS WORLD NOTES

- To alleviate lag experienced at the primary border keeps (Sauvage, Svasud, Ligen), we have implemented a behind the scenes method to keep this area clear. If a character stays in the general vicinity of the border keep (5000 units) for more than thirty minutes, the character will be politely moved and warned. If they do not move out of the general vicinity (and stay out) within 15 minutes from the warning, they will be moved to their realm's relic village. Keeping the entrance area clear will help other characters load and zone efficiently.

all buffbots will no be in the secondary port keep instead of primary (sucks for people there had em there already to avoid lag).

also a nice "nerf" to warlocks.

Warlock

- Cast times of all Uninterruptible primers are now 3 seconds instead of 2 seconds.

- The following damage reductions are being applied to spells fired via Uninterruptible primers similar to the way Mastery of Concentration reduces spell effectiveness:

1 - Steady Cast - 40% of damage reduced
11 - Solid Cast - 35% of damage reduced
21 - Fixed Cast - 30% of damage reduced
29 - Fortified Cast - 25% of damage reduced
37 - Anchored Cast - 20% of damage reduced
47 - Unshakable Cast - 0% of damage reduced

tbh i belive its fair and i belive the high WC spec will be more popular.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Is it going to be coded in to move BB's or will it need to be actively policed - if so...can't see it happening...besides..just port ya BB to one of teh keeps every 29mins and port back and nothing changes...

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Is it going to be coded in to move BB's or will it need to be actively policed - if so...can't see it happening...besides..just port ya BB to one of teh keeps every 29mins and port back and nothing changes...

its not that hard to check, just make a check on how long a char have been in that area, if its over 30 min, give warning, make another check, if he still hasnt moved, automatic port to location.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
They just clearing primary keeps, the secondary fortresses such as Snowdonia will still be allowed to have buffbots at, seems a sensible way to lower the lag and loading times for Sauvage and the other primary keeps :)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
nah, 1.83 and 1.84 were just minor patches that removed the realms of Hibernia and Midgard as the majority of players didn't seem to like them

Warlocks were converted to albion tho as a lot of ppl had warlock alts on clustered servers

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think its to give warlocks a reason to spec higher witch craft, however it would still seriously gimp any warlock going that high in witch craft.

Might stop them being totally overpowered :)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
w8 will nerf him now soo ppl stop cry after 1or2 year will give him love

same like thane remember when thane self buff stack whit shammy buff after 2 year love again

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
popa ? wl player ? iam sorry but even with this nerf a wl will still kill pretty much any class instant ... all they did was once again taking away his means to continue fighting so they are even more defenseless after the first kill

its a start but don't expect to win any 1on1 now ... well u got a chance of winning 2on1 at least...

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Celestino said:
popa ? wl player ? iam sorry but even with this nerf a wl will still kill pretty much any class instant ... all they did was once again taking away his means to continue fighting so they are even more defenseless after the first kill

its a start but don't expect to win any 1on1 now ... well u got a chance of winning 2on1 at least...

i cant play mine is a sux class atm ( wl 46) i still preffer my darkness rune ( 45)
is not about defend wl but whit all that is pretty sux
yes the UI cast is a little moc ( moc 3 only take out 25%)
whit a UI at 3 secs , what u doing cast the curse dd ( 4 sec cast time)
if nerf the UI they need to give make that curse spell ge afected by dex and drop cast time from 4s at 3 secs

on classic i am on hib ( and that server full of wl) just i put EM on my vamp and be rdy whit amnesia on my bard all the time

edit: also i played on PVP a shammy and all who play on pvp can remember the odins wl just get metter caped and resist buff up ( yes i go whit my pvp shammy 48 aug )
also ppl forget that fiar get that resist on alb and soon fiar ( most of foar go spec 49/39 so red resist) will be on all groups that take of 50% of dmg and
all hibs get at last the yallow resist buff from druid

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
warlocks weren't chars to grp with even before that patch coz of the first nerf, its not this nerf that changes that ...
apart from that, even with 50% matter a warlock can still drop u fast enough

mythic just doesn't understand that no an cast assassin is pure bs but they are nerfing the warlock into this role, kill once be useless after

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Celestino said:
warlocks weren't chars to grp with even before that patch coz of the first nerf, its not this nerf that changes that ...
apart from that, even with 50% matter a warlock can still drop u fast enough

mythic just doesn't understand that no an cast assassin is pure bs but they are nerfing the warlock into this role, kill once be useless after

then u agre that the curse DD get affected by cast speed and dex ?

i agree to nerf the UI if give me on curse cast speed and base time at 2.8 sec

and if some day make that i ganna start play my wl

if u agree whit that plz use http://www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I stopped playing my warlock before the first nerf hit, I just leveled it and played to rr5 and got very bored at how easy it was.

Nerfs that I remember...

Cast Range/UI -> Move -> Up to 10seconds later Release spell - Nerfed, must stay still

Damage of Lifetap DD and dot - Nerfed by 30/40% (can't remeber)

Chambers - Nerfed Now to a higher cooldown (I think)

UI - Nerfed dmg reduced unless you spec very high in WC (which no-one would)

UI - Nerfed to a higher cast time. (<-- thats very harsh imo)

I don't play the warlock anymore but having played on Hibernia - Glasonbury I've been on the end of the warlock and not liked it much. Playing a vamp though I can beat warlocks and certain classes can beat warlocks with ease if they don't invest in Purge.

However having played the warlock the preperation time and the amount of power needed to kill means you are usually useless after one kill. It has to be said even with the above I reckon warlocks should make a kill most of the time (1v1).

But ^^ I think they went too far with these nerfs. Thats a whole load of bat to swallow. Please remember I always agreed that WLs needed toning down. However the class has many bugs in chambering and weaknesses.

Groups never take them due to the chambering time involved and the lack of dps compared to other casters/classes. Chain powerless SH-ing warlocks in groups sounds good but they cast soo slow and have a hard time avoiding being MA-d first anyway.

Well thats my thoughts anyhow. Just seems like Mid got the real duffs of the Catacombs classes now. Warlock population will drop right off I expect. Many will be very happy with that, but did it have to come at such a high price as to completely ruin the class?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
warlocks will still be a fantastic class just not the "run around solo and make 10k from the zerg every time you stroll past" that they are at the moment.

Might mean theres a few less of them around as well :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
inqy said:
I stopped playing my warlock before the first nerf hit, I just leveled it and played to rr5 and got very bored at how easy it was.

Nerfs that I remember...

Cast Range/UI -> Move -> Up to 10seconds later Release spell - Nerfed, must stay still

Damage of Lifetap DD and dot - Nerfed by 30/40% (can't remeber)

Chambers - Nerfed Now to a higher cooldown (I think)

UI - Nerfed dmg reduced unless you spec very high in WC (which no-one would)

UI - Nerfed to a higher cast time. (<-- thats very harsh imo)

I don't play the warlock anymore but having played on Hibernia - Glasonbury I've been on the end of the warlock and not liked it much. Playing a vamp though I can beat warlocks and certain classes can beat warlocks with ease if they don't invest in Purge.

However having played the warlock the preperation time and the amount of power needed to kill means you are usually useless after one kill. It has to be said even with the above I reckon warlocks should make a kill most of the time (1v1).

But ^^ I think they went too far with these nerfs. Thats a whole load of bat to swallow. Please remember I always agreed that WLs needed toning down. However the class has many bugs in chambering and weaknesses.

Groups never take them due to the chambering time involved and the lack of dps compared to other casters/classes. Chain powerless SH-ing warlocks in groups sounds good but they cast soo slow and have a hard time avoiding being MA-d first anyway.

Well thats my thoughts anyhow. Just seems like Mid got the real duffs of the Catacombs classes now. Warlock population will drop right off I expect. Many will be very happy with that, but did it have to come at such a high price as to completely ruin the class?

The nerfs make sense to a degree... the Uninteruptable nerf is very well thought out, the reason for this is that it brings it in line with all casters that use moc. And the method in which it is done means that like moc, the more you put into it the better it will become.

That said the changes are different else where. You moan about group utility..and while they got alot of tools it isn't very affective in groups played by most players (some warlocks be able to play it well in groups still as they dont just chamber dump and use all their power casting the same spell)

I think, an idea to fix this is to take the chamber timers back to what they were (2seconds?) and then to reduce the range to 750-1000 (maybe somehow link this to spec but at no point should chamber reach 1500 range, if link to spec make top level say around 1250)

and to balance this out and make them groupable then they get a dex modified nuke in one the spec lines. Please note that this nuke wouldn't be a lifetap and it would not be as strong as the best spec nukes out there (remember the strong nukes in general are on low utility casters which warlock is not).

So what do you gain from current state in 1.82E?

You gain -

1) Chambers returned to 2second timer
2) Spec nuke modified by dex- around normal power cost as other casters

You lose -

1500 range chambers - (reduced to 750-1000 maybe somehow link this to spec but at no point should chamber reach 1500 range, if link to spec make top level say around 1250)

Why?

Means you cant chamber dump as effectively as before, a decent warlock with a purge can kill anything it faces due to the fact it can cast insta spells for high damage from normal range. However it means you can manage your power more effectively. Use normal nukes when you can, switch to chambers or uninteruptable when you cant use them. Too me it seems to be a fair playoff.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
warlocks will still be a fantastic class just not the "run around solo and make 10k from the zerg every time you stroll past" that they are at the moment.

Might mean theres a few less of them around as well :p

your wrong it's never been a fantastic class, it was overpowered in burst damage. In every other way it was crap imo. Now the burst damage has been so nerfed all the fun (and yes overpoweredness) is gone.

Now that is fine, but something is now required to make the class worth playing. Corran's ideas are along the right lines. I suggest those that have played against warlocks now try playing a warlock after this nerf. I will to see how bad it is. It now seems a very lacking (and buggy) class to me.

The bugs are very hard to see until you play the class. Bit like the necro I have to say.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
i deleded my wl at lvl 11 after 1 day play
after nerf some rlf say come make 1 wee ganna pl u and there he is 46

and ppl who say is a iwinbutton have no idea how much u get

1-chamber
2 -second chamber
3 normal dd
4 lifetap
5 pbaoe
6 Ui
7 pure cast
8 bolt
9 range buff
10 dot

next q bar
1 the slow spell " fropg"
2 man regen
3 heal
4 pbt
5 tart staff
6 barel
7 pow pot
8 NS
9 pow charge

and u need other qbar for the ML banelord

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
With this series of nerfs, give us MoC, as despite warlocks so called "uninteruptable", we can still be mezzed using it...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
inqy said:
your wrong it's never been a fantastic class, it was overpowered in burst damage. In every other way it was crap imo. Now the burst damage has been so nerfed all the fun (and yes overpoweredness) is gone.

powerless spreadheals aren't burst damage, nor is having an instant-nearsight (bolt range only admittedly) never mind the extended range spells, powerless pbaoeing + ui pbaoeing + chambers for continuous lockdown of an area.

it's a massive utility class just people ignore most of the utility because they can instapwn things.

might roll one now :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Whoodoo said:
With this series of nerfs, give us MoC, as despite warlocks so called "uninteruptable", we can still be mezzed using it...

same with quickcast - I'd thought they should have just put a 20s timer on the UI primer ;) but they went for more MoC-like rather than quickcast-like.

MoC would make sense - but only for primary spells rather than primers.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
i specced my warlock different then most others :)
atm lvl47 and 47cursing 9witchcraft 13hexing

on lvl48 i get a 413delve bolt that i would like to use :p
1239 damage cap without toa/ra bonus.
and the 284delve dd can be nice damage aswell. only the 4secs casting is abit slow :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
a well played warlock is sick in both tank and caster grps, just most warlocks dont know how to play em for grps but rather just chaber dump.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Lejemorder said:
a well played warlock is sick in both tank and caster grps, just most warlocks dont know how to play em for grps but rather just chaber dump.

doesn't matter how good the warlock is if they are commonly not accepted in groups. and even if the warlock is good, I'd rather take a good sm/rm over one. wouldn't you?

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
powerless spreadheals aren't burst damage, nor is having an instant-nearsight (bolt range only admittedly) never mind the extended range spells, powerless pbaoeing + ui pbaoeing + chambers for continuous lockdown of an area.

it's a massive utility class just people ignore most of the utility because they can instapwn things.

might roll one now :)

As you are talking about instant nearsight you are only talking about the 3 chamber spec warlocks. Not the 2 chamber warlocks. So not all warlocks have that.

Powerless spreadheals are great if the warlock is hidden away to do them, but no enemy group will leave a warlock to do them. Also as it's based on the slow powerless cast, it's lessened again. Not to mention groups have better healers (usually 2-3 in group already), so why would they take a warlock too to do that. They don't.

As I say play it before you look at what they have on paper. It may sound great but really doesn't help.

Flim: The fact that you fancy playing it now m8, means it must be gimp doesn't it? :p

PenrithRM

Fledgling Freddie
{In the background you hear Justin Timberwank singing.... Cry me a river.... Cry me a river......}

Good bye Warlock zerg...... Hello Bonedancer zerg Mk.2

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
i specced my warlock different then most others :)
atm lvl47 and 47cursing 9witchcraft 13hexing

on lvl48 i get a 413delve bolt that i would like to use :p
1239 damage cap without toa/ra bonus.
and the 284delve dd can be nice damage aswell. only the 4secs casting is abit slow :)

I would go 36C/9W/39H on a warlock

Alachbar

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
The nerfs make sense to a degree... the Uninteruptable nerf is very well thought out, the reason for this is that it brings it in line with all casters that use moc. And the method in which it is done means that like moc, the more you put into it the better it will become.

Not completley true or maybe I have missed something. The thought is the same as for an ordinary caster using MoC but as a Warlock to have the same effectivnes when MoCing (UIing) you have to sacrifice damageoutput in the hexline where a normal caster does not have to change their spec (the more you put into it the better UI youll get but the worse spell damagewise you'll get). Or maybe this is just the tought mythic had :)

I think warlocks needed a nerf but this is a bit wierd me thinks.

Himse

FH is my second home
I think they should spend time nerfing Bainshee's too:<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom