1.82d for DOOOOOOOM!!eleven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Eregion said:
where is 1500 range pally end damnit!

Just stay closer to me and its no problemo :)

TBH, I dont really mind the endo-range on paladin, except for the perma-sprinting part where just abit of lag can throw you out of 1K range from the paladin (if he's leading)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks like SBs got something that wasn't covered in the 1.82d notes aswell. Bludgeon. 5 min RUT, 30 sec duration. Converts the current damage used (slash/heat/cold/matter/spirit/energy) to crush damage.

http://www.guild-zen.com/ul/New SB ability.JPG

Granted it's from VNBoards, but posted by Vilna so might just be true. :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, with wardens and friars getting this additional love where is the extra thane love? As i said in the 1.82c post earlier wardens and friars dont have trouble getting groups as it is, but they get massive love and the thane gets some halfassed range increase and an instant dd that disarms him, when they very rarely get into groups. Woho!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Tbh, with wardens and friars getting this additional love where is the extra thane love? As i said in the 1.82c post earlier wardens and friars dont have trouble getting groups as it is, but they get massive love and the thane gets some halfassed range increase and an instant dd that disarms him, when they very rarely get into groups. Woho!

Im biased of course, but the warden boost is perfectly justified imho.

Consider the realms bodyguarders:

Warrior, unkillable in melee with testudo up, ~2800hp, high shield skill and high dex for defense with large shield. All in all, difficult for the assist train to kill. Oh..and access to SoM. Oh, and extra resists in 1.81+.

Thane, shield spec for slam for defense, medium dex ~2100hp, access to som. Static tempest for defense but only medium shield. Easier to kill than a warrior but still no walkover by any means

Friar, leather? armour ~2100hp with a decent temp ofc, but with abs buff. rr5 ability which is disarm? (correct me if im wrong) And ST for defense. No access to SoM afaik. Semi difficult to kill but still easier than warrior.

Paladin, more defense than fort knox and really hard to kill (am I wrong?). No issues bodyguarding here, however a paladin is put to better use as part of the assist train to provide end. - Armsman is pretty much the same for bging but with ~2700hp.

Warden, scale armour, ~2100 hp with decent temp again (note that friar, thane and warden can all reach ~2200 afaik with a 400 hits temp), medium shield skill however most use small for heal bonus/cast speed. Low parry spec for defense in most specs, no shield spec, no ST, no access to som and a rr5 which heals the group and not the warden.

Yes you can consider hero, but warden is your more common bodyguarder

Hero then, scale armour, ~3000hp with moose. high dex for defense and usually 42 shield spec for slam. Really quite difficult to kill however better used in offensive situations. Extra resists ofc same as warrior.

So considering that, for wardens to be given more spec points and shield skill, is that unfair as far as seeing things from a bodyguarding POV goes?

Additionally to that, the patch notes aren't done yet, and thanes may well get more stuff yet.

I agree, thanes need a boost, however in terms of bodyguarding capacity, they're really not that bad imo compared to warden.

edit: Added bits, prolly still missing some info due to it being late and its been a real long day.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I will for sure not care to go above ml5 on my Convoker Runemaster for ONE brittle guard or a stupid titan. Only thing worth it would be ml9 ZO pet :(

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
I will for sure not care to go above ml5 on my Convoker Runemaster for ONE brittle guard or a stupid titan. Only thing worth it would be ml9 ZO pet :(

Less boring PvE raids for you, so Mythic did a god job :)

Assassin love is just sweet :)

Ps.: An for the "ns will be the weakest assassin" whiners, just take a look at the eldritch and the wizard...

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
iam wondering how much those heals will actually affect balance

it just looks a lot like lifedrain, healing urself up while doing damage
might not end up full but u should be able to take a lot of extra beating..

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I think the Warden love makes Heroes almost useless in Groups......Lets see what a Hero did. Slamming, Guarding stuff and going offensive. Now a Warden can do the same apart from dealing damage and a Champion is the better Damage Dealer. Bye Bye Hero.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
omg at warden changes tbh... 50 shield mob5 + 6 sec pbt, purple con resists, good luck killing it!! this is just plain ridiculous.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Paladin, more defense than fort knox and really hard to kill (am I wrong?). No issues bodyguarding here, however a paladin is put to better use as part of the assist train to provide end. - Armsman is pretty much the same for bging but with ~2700hp.

2700 hp is way too much. ive got 300 hits and 85 con in my temp and got ~2300 hits. also the main problem is they are the only end supply for alb groups, and by giving an 1000 range limit for end chants.. its just not working really to stand back with the healers/casters, while the assist train rushes forward.. they'll have no end, and if they dont have end anyway, why would they choose a paladin? they just get a friar with nice heals, heal procs, st3 and resists... paladins need a boost to get into groups.(while warden has always been a wanted character)

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
omg at warden changes tbh... 50 shield mob5 + 6 sec pbt, purple con resists, good luck killing it!! this is just plain ridiculous.

Sif any warden is going to spec that.

Don't forget we can spec parry too, and with DR can get 11% evade :p.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Finally infils and nightshades are gonna feel how it is being hit on vurnable armor without any chance to raise the resists!!!!

My 2-h SB is gonna fucking pwn the world! :clap:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
2700 hp is way too much. ive got 300 hits and 85 con in my temp and got ~2300 hits. also the main problem is they are the only end supply for alb groups, and by giving an 1000 range limit for end chants.. its just not working really to stand back with the healers/casters, while the assist train rushes forward.. they'll have no end, and if they dont have end anyway, why would they choose a paladin? they just get a friar with nice heals, heal procs, st3 and resists... paladins need a boost to get into groups.(while warden has always been a wanted character)

Well i'd of thought armsman would be on the heavy tank hp table along with heroes and warriors. The warrior in the NS set group on Tristan has ~2750hp or so with DR bonuses however I dont know how much con he has in template.

I honestly dont see why you think paladins need a boost to get groups. It depends on the group setup. However i'd consider a paladin much harder to kill than a friar due to 1k+ AF and plate. If the friar heals would make a difference in a fight then someone isn't doing their job right in that particular setup.

Having a paladin in group means against caster groups the paladin can join the assist train, provide slams and end regen to the mercs aswell as some damage.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
- The recast time on Brittle guards has been put back to 5 minutes. However, only one brittle guard can be summoned at a time.

about time !!!!!!!!

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
im really hoping they dont run out of idea's for other classes in the future :(

can see my cleric getting bugger all

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Mr Trade said:
cant see them getting shield spec on friars

most ppl couldent se wardens getting a shield spec either due to them having PBT, but there u go :)

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Finally infils and nightshades are gonna feel how it is being hit on vurnable armor without any chance to raise the resists!!!!

Amen to that :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
Master Level Ability Changes And Fixes

- The recast time on Brittle guards has been put back to 5 minutes. However, only one brittle guard can be summoned at a time.

hey look - its some scout love :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I'm soooooooo gonna make a thane now that the hammer GFX have been un-nerfed ! xD

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Warden, scale armour, ~2100 hp with decent temp again (note that friar, thane and warden can all reach ~2200 afaik with a 400 hits temp), medium shield skill however most use small for heal bonus/cast speed. Low parry spec for defense in most specs, no shield spec, no ST, no access to som and a rr5 which heals the group and not the warden.

Err...the Paladin RR5 heals everyone except the Paladin as well:

Selfless Devotion - Triples the effect of the Paladin healing chant for 1 minute on all groupmates excluding the Paladin himself.

What a load of utter wank!

IMHO, the Paladin heal chant doesn't heal for anywhere near enough as it is anyway (the heal amount should be doubled at the least, trippled or quadrupled ideally).

Our RR5 should be like Faith Heal used to be, an insta IP2 Group Heal 4tehpwn. And, it should affect the Paladin as well, because contrary to Mythic's belief, some people actually do like to solo with their Paladins occassionally ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:

Free two damage types (mundane) isnt exactly balanced. Yes, I got the option to spec em, but if I spec Slash, I cant do thrusting damage (and vice-versa).

Shadowblades will now have 2 mundane types of damage for the price of one. And conveniently get advantage to both common enemies (crush)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Free two damage types (mundane) isnt exactly balanced. Yes, I got the option to spec em, but if I spec Slash, I cant do thrusting damage (and vice-versa).

Shadowblades will now have 2 mundane types of damage for the price of one. And conveniently get advantage to both common enemies (crush)

might be me there understand it wrong, but i thought it made all enemies dmg to crush dmg no matter what dmg they use, or was it the other way around, no matter dmg a sb use, he will do crush dmg?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Friar, leather? armour ~2100hp with a decent temp ofc, but with abs buff. rr5 ability which is disarm? (correct me if im wrong) And ST for defense. No access to SoM afaik. Semi difficult to kill but still easier than warrior.

Nope Friar's RR5 is a Pbaoe Stun ( which usualy lastes about 1 sec , it also does damage.)

I usualy pop it right after i've popped st3 , that way they can't escape the st field =).

Back on topic , Wow , i was hoping either for more spec points or the heal procs to be moved into the enhance line. so they did the latter for the friar but did both for the warden.

Nice =) , imo they should of given friar both and Warden the 1 , as Wardens have alotmore groupability than a friar ( resits to all the majow Dmg and CC spellsnad of course PBT). but hey if we end up getting both in a while i'll be happy.

P.S i also have a warden so this is prob the best patch since alchy and SC was introduced =)

Jjuraa

Banned
[SS]Gamblor said:
Nope Friar's RR5 is a Pbaoe Stun ( which usualy lastes about 1 sec , it also does damage.)

I usualy pop it right after i've popped st3 , that way they can't escape the st field =).

way to know your own class? :p

"PBAE attack that does moderate damage and makes all melee targets in 350 radius unable to attack for 6 seconds. RUT: 600s"

sounds like a stun to you?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wild said:
nice the friar changes are in the enhance line :worthy:

Agreed, not sure I could play as a backup healer. BG Battle Friar all the way. Will Excommunicate be worth the points now?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Icebreaker said:
I think the Warden love makes Heroes almost useless in Groups......Lets see what a Hero did. Slamming, Guarding stuff and going offensive. Now a Warden can do the same apart from dealing damage and a Champion is the better Damage Dealer. Bye Bye Hero.

don't forget teh improvements the hero got in 1.81

Kinag

Part of the furniture
[SS]Gamblor said:

Hehe, thought you would know what our rr5 ability were ;p

It's a PBAOE 6s disarm which causes a bit damage (aprox. 160), works quite well against tank trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom