1.81B TOA-Tastic

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Downanael said:
I wonder how everyone knows exatly how hard the ml/arti encounters turn since they qq:ing at they too easy.

And Bubble,read the freaking patch notes before you come here.

pfft so i read it wrong, sue me :p

Still think its shit turning ToA and arts into easy mode

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

You're not obliged to do things the easy way. Obviously there are limits, you won't have to run a mob umpteen times to get a drop (which is hardly challenging, just tedious), but it doesn't mean you have to face that mob as part of a BG. You can do things your own way and make it as hard as you want to be.

If others want to do it the easy way, thats their business, but it shouldn't detract from your fun.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Minimac said:
Whens it due in US and when is it due in EU?

US - Sometime in December

EU - Sometime after DR, date for which hasn't been announced. How long after will doubtless depend on what's in the patch. I imagine what has been announced so far isn't hard - mainly db changes, and little translation needed, but the patch is only on B.

Darzil

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

I still think disabling damage-shield affecting those high-level mobs would be a good way to get people grouping.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Can someone explain this to me? I barely have played ToA so I can't work out what it means...

"- The locked versions of all artifacts will no longer drop from encounters. Players will now only need to have encounter credit and the scrolls to receive the unlocked artifact."

Does it just mean that instead of going to the NPC with the scrolls and arti, it now drops and you can use it immediately as long as you have the full book in your inventory?

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
US - Sometime in December

EU - Sometime after DR, date for which hasn't been announced. How long after will doubtless depend on what's in the patch. I imagine what has been announced so far isn't hard - mainly db changes, and little translation needed, but the patch is only on B.

Darzil

Cheers

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
Can someone explain this to me? I barely have played ToA so I can't work out what it means...

"- The locked versions of all artifacts will no longer drop from encounters. Players will now only need to have encounter credit and the scrolls to receive the unlocked artifact."

Does it just mean that instead of going to the NPC with the scrolls and arti, it now drops and you can use it immediately as long as you have the full book in your inventory?

nope, that means u have to get encounter credit then u go to the npc with the scrolls and get the artifact (from the npc)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Oh sweet, so like if a full group did an encounter, and each had there own book of scrolls...they could all go and recieve the artifact? Thats pretty cool.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
this is such good news,

michael.jpg

Light

Loyal Freddie
Dorin said:
who the fuck likes the time sink in toa atm? I already gave up on 2 characters, one becouse of all the artifact campers on albion - the other becouse of the boredom of doing the same rutine all over again (caster artis for the 4th time,,, Yaawn)

seriously, its not hard as gamah said you just ml9 pet ftw... its just a very annoying thing to waste time on camp arties, log 3 accounts, farm scrolls that never drop, erinys without 5 anis or zerg is a pain, some artifact xp rates, lotto bla bla crazeh etc etc list goes on... Toa should have been like this from start, not the greedy-retarded stuff we had/have for ages

yup

Corran

Part of the furniture
One thing people may be overlooking.. you may not be able to get the credit you desire when you want it.

Take BoZ or erinys or jacina (all piss easy and can be done with 1fg or less at the moment but people QQ about difficulty)

When you come with a new toon wanting credit for it, it quite possible that you wont be able to get the raid to work if you got too few friends with right class (Else you could get it easy now if you had the friends)

Why? Because everyone else will have credit, and they have no reason to help because it not like they come in a hope to get the artifact. So it could leave you waiting ages till a raid gets set up for it.

I know personally, if i going to toa a new toon with these boring changes (boring = making encounters even easier) I will just do a 1 or 2fg raid, do all the artifacts in under 4hrs (Takes 4hrs to do them as is if all up and that includes pissing about time) and then i wont ever do them again till got another toon.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
One thing people may be overlooking.. you may not be able to get the credit you desire when you want it.

Take BoZ or erinys or jacina (all piss easy and can be done with 1fg or less at the moment but people QQ about difficulty)

When you come with a new toon wanting credit for it, it quite possible that you wont be able to get the raid to work if you got too few friends with right class (Else you could get it easy now if you had the friends)

Why? Because everyone else will have credit, and they have no reason to help because it not like they come in a hope to get the artifact. So it could leave you waiting ages till a raid gets set up for it.

I know personally, if i going to toa a new toon with these boring changes (boring = making encounters even easier) I will just do a 1 or 2fg raid, do all the artifacts in under 4hrs (Takes 4hrs to do them as is if all up and that includes pissing about time) and then i wont ever do them again till got another toon.

hmm

Option A: Keep ToA as it is. A New Comer will have all the artifacts they need, all the scrolls, MLs, and arti xp in about 2-3 months.

Option B: Make ToA easier. a New Comer can catch a Arti Raid/ML raid every 1-2 Weeks or so, be able to buy scrolls A LOT cheaper in housing or farm them A LOT easier. Level the Artis SAFELY wherever he wants and be done with all that crap in 2-3 weeks.

I think I would take the Option B in a heart beat.

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

Erinys doable with a FG in mid? or are you thinking of the other realms?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:
hmm

Option A: Keep ToA as it is. A New Comer will have all the artifacts they need, all the scrolls, MLs, and arti xp in about 2-3 months.

Option B: Make ToA easier. a New Comer can catch a Arti Raid/ML raid every 1-2 Weeks or so, be able to buy scrolls A LOT cheaper in housing or farm them A LOT easier. Level the Artis SAFELY wherever he wants and be done with all that crap in 2-3 weeks.

I think I would take the Option B in a heart beat.

Only 1 flaw in that, I think DAoC is not actually getting new players, new players as in completely new not switching server or something like that.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Only 1 flaw in that, I think DAoC is not actually getting new players, new players as in completely new not switching server or something like that.

I think with this patch most barriers that were holding new players back are now broken though.

They can level relatively easily thanks to catacombs and toa'ing their char will no longer require for them to do the toa mobs themselves after assembling a group or more for it.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
joap said:
Erinys doable with a FG in mid? or are you thinking of the other realms?

it is in Albion/Hibernia (pet spam 4tw)
I also did this once with a merc group with Ilum, 1 theurgist (to get Onigiri his Erinys)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Fixes seem abit of an easy way out to me. Just meens its easier and quicker to churn out identicly geared and spec'd players. They missed an opertunity to boost the stats abilities on some of the underused artis though imo. ML changes idea not so bad if you want it to be challangeing just take less people which has pretty much always been the way for PvE in DAOC (3 maning GoV aftr the 3rd week of release etc). Hopefully they will address style spell lines and ML abilites in upcomeing patches to make the charecters abit more envolveing to play.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

qft and goes for most of TOA...

But getting a couple of friends together to do stuff seems to be to much effort for some people. It all needs to be solo-able u c

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Removing artifact drops is best change ever to ToA. Like mentioned plenty of times, it will finally encourage people to co-operate with artifact encounters, removing a lot of the frustration/hostility in toa.

Of course it's true you can already do most encounters with just a couple of people IF you have some friends willing to help with well geared characters of the right class, but it hardly helps "the average player". People with dedication and time get their stuff done easily with the current system as well. For the record, I have 6 fully toaed ml9-10 characters myself, but I fail to see anything negative with the changes.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Abit late as normal but how about this.

If i got SoM Encounter and book already when december comes can i instantly activate? :eek:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
I think with this patch most barriers that were holding new players back are now broken though.

They can level relatively easily thanks to catacombs and toa'ing their char will no longer require for them to do the toa mobs themselves after assembling a group or more for it.

Now all they need is a way to get into fun RvR groups whilst low RR, or at least be able to get higher RR. Also more PvE groups, so levelling support classes without powerlevelling is reasonable.

May come with the RvR changes and class tweaks they are discussing.

Darzil

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
That's very selfish really. I know most people help out because they are friends. Even on lengty, rare, or hard artifact encounters.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Corran said:

or get your finger out your arse and organise one yourself?

as i said before
i think its a awesome patch
rvr will be a level playing field for all grps, not just the select few
If these full groups who want the "challenge of rvr" are true to their word they should be encouraging this, as it means there will be more equally geared grps to fight, giving MORE of a challenge in rvr. The only ones whining are the ones who want to chain-farm badly equipped PUG's

As for pve, there are still epic encounters which are "hard" ,
TG king/queen, Summoner, Levi, Kraken to name a few
why do people not farm the first 2 ? because there are no uber drops
nothing people who enjoy pve doing tho is there?
They should more similar encounters that dont drop uber drops if the pve lot want them, but i doubt they will be killed
There are little/no genuinly hard encounters, just ones that take hours cus of insane AF and hp of mobs
LAst time i was challenged in pve in the current system in daoc was focus pulling Kraken

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
You could make new "uber" drops with PvE bonuses, and no real RvR-value in them? That way the people really aiming for PvE have things to strive for, and people that aim for RvR won't be forced to get them to be able to compete.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
As for pve, there are still epic encounters which are "hard" ,
TG king/queen, Summoner, Levi, Kraken to name a few
why do people not farm the first 2 ? because there are no uber drops
nothing people who enjoy pve doing tho is there?
They should more similar encounters that dont drop uber drops if the pve lot want them, but i doubt they will be killed
There are little/no genuinly hard encounters, just ones that take hours cus of insane AF and hp of mobs
LAst time i was challenged in pve in the current system in daoc was focus pulling Kraken

Sidi aint a challenge now... got all way to apoc with under 2fg and only failed on him as fucked up the timing (We were unprepared)

Levi and Kraken getting nerfed in this patch. Aint that hard at the moment. Hell can do levi with 6-8toons using ml9 pets.

Summoner i dont know about, not bothered with him. There nice loot of him (slasher iirc) but just not bothered as it not something people want to do.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Xani, Apoc, summoner and co are good encounters BUT they don't drop anything anyone would consider using in a spellcraft template

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom