1.81 RVR Necromancer Template

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
As skilled a reply as a Necro can be skilled in RvR I suppose :( .

You bring it on yourself, what do you expect?

Waspic

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
I need no +skill mate. I am using spec spells, not base so +skill is irrelevant :)

I do have MoF II though :)

Are u sure about this m8? I have done tests, which seems to show the opposite. Why is +skill irrelevant, if u use spec spells?

/greetings Wasp

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Waspic said:
Are u sure about this m8? I have done tests, which seems to show the opposite. Why is +skill irrelevant, if u use spec spells?

/greetings Wasp

OK, I had this explained to me by the 'Mighty Flimgoblin', so hopefully I don't fook up reciting it ;)

Basically, whenever you use a base spell, the amount of variance you get (the difference between the minimum and maximum amount of damage that spell will do) is based upon your skill in that particular line.

For example, if I am an Ice Wiz, and have only 20 in Fire Magic, when using the base bolt I'll see a lot more variance in damage, then were I to use the spec bolt. Obviously the damage cap for the spec bolt will be a lot lower (because at best it's a Lvl 20 spell), but the variance won't exist because the damage for spec spells is determined by the level of the spell against the level of the target (taking other factors into account as well; resists etc.)

Now, in my instance, I use the red insta LT and casted PT in the Sight line. They are both spec spells, not base, so I will not get variance when casting multiple spells on the same target (I have a full 50 in the Sight spec line). I have MoF II to raise the effective level of those spells to Lvl 50, and I have +3 skill from items as well as +4 from being RR5, making +7 skill (or an extra 3.5% damage).

That's it. Hopefully I explained that well enough, but feel sure someone will come along and rip it to bits...c'est la vie! ;)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
I use the red insta LT and casted PT in the Sight line. They are both spec spells, not base, so I will not get variance when casting multiple spells on the same target (I have a full 50 in the Sight spec line). I have MoF II to raise the effective level of those spells to Lvl 50, and I have +3 skill from items as well as +4 from being RR5, making +7 skill (or an extra 3.5% damage).

+skill will increase your damage on specline spells.

Waspic

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers, I think I understand it...with a little help from my boyfriend :p
<runs to trainer to buy a big bunch of MoF> :worthy:
/Wasp

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

I did say that Rod, by 0.5% per point in the skill line.

What I didn't point out is that I'd rather not lose imbue for the sake of +8 skill. I accept that's potentially 4% damage, but something has to give :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, but if you don't even have to cap hits and con in the casting template, don't see why you can't get that Skill fitted in!

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yes, but if you don't even have to cap hits and con in the casting template, don't see why you can't get that Skill fitted in!

I could do easily if I was using MP cloth, but this template uses 99% so I haven't the imbue.

Hurrah for being tight :clap:

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Albs need a Necromancer Champion to set the example and make the class acceptable/popular in RvR.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

Wait a minute... does +body in a sorc template do anything then?
Does +skill increase your damage on baseline spells?
Does it give less variance on baseline spells?
Does it help the power consumption?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:
Wait a minute... does +body in a sorc template do anything then?
Does +skill increase your damage on baseline spells?
Does it give less variance on baseline spells?
Does it help the power consumption?

As far as I know, not for baseline spells (once your skill + bonuses = level of spell).

For level 50 lifetap, variance will decrease until you have 50 effective levels of skill. It does nothing for power consumption.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
As far as I know, not for baseline spells (once your skill + bonuses = level of spell).

For level 50 lifetap, variance will decrease until you have 50 effective levels of skill. It does nothing for power consumption.

So if you are a 31 body, 44 mind sorc and you are RR10 (= +11 to skills) you would need +8 to body in template to get 31+11+8=50...?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:
So if you are a 31 body, 44 mind sorc and you are RR10 (= +11 to skills) you would need +8 to body in template to get 31+11+8=50...?

RR10 gives +9 to all skills.

So you'd need +10 in template to get to 50 effective levels. Above this, I'm not sure if it increases damage or not as the spell is baseline, tbh. I'm rather confused today!

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Is the +skill you can get out of your equipment capped at +11?

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
since it's 1.81

I would use eerie darkness stone to summon one of the necklaces, 1 has health regen & 1 has power regen.

the power regen necklace stats:

Darkness Stone:
Hits: 60
Spirit/Cold/Body: 5%

Function: Power Regen
Value: 2
Target: Self
Duration: Permanent.

Stats are fairly decent, simiar to the SI neckie & added bonus of 60 hp & a perma power regen

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dafft said:
since it's 1.81

I would use eerie darkness stone to summon one of the necklaces, 1 has health regen & 1 has power regen.

the power regen necklace stats:

Darkness Stone:
Hits: 60
Spirit/Cold/Body: 5%

Function: Power Regen
Value: 2
Target: Self
Duration: Permanent.

Stats are fairly decent, simiar to the SI neckie & added bonus of 60 hp & a perma power regen

personnally if doing it in 1.81 i would just get Erinys charm which gives perminant health and power regen :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:
Albs need a Necromancer Champion to set the example and make the class acceptable/popular in RvR.

Regardless of who plays it the class is not a good one for group rvr (and I have one at rr5 so have played with and as one solo and in groups).

Sure the utility can be nice but theres 2 major problems.

The 1st is the sheer number of bugs which still have not been fixed (mob interupt code, mob crit code, the fact you're a blue con, no access to purge, slow cast times, appaling spell queue bugs ... and it goes on).

The 2nd is a problem with albion as a whole and that is that the majority of groups don't have space for a necromancer. Its hard enough for non bugged actually really good classes (reaver/friar/theurg/cab - depening on setup) to get into a group, never mind a buggy pos.

A necro is best left in pve sadly, playing one in rvr is a novel experiance but ultimatly pointless for both you and any group you expect to play with :p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
A necro is best left in pve sadly, playing one in rvr is a novel experiance but ultimatly pointless for both you and any group you expect to play with :p

Well I pretty much got to RR5 solo, so who needs groups? As long as you don't expect to be RR13 anytime soon then you can still have fun :p

Matt

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Above this, I'm not sure if it increases damage or not as the spell is baseline, tbh. I'm rather confused today!

Nah on baseline spells it only helps decrease dmg variance, it won't do anything for your cap, as far as i have noticed.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I was under the impression that eriny's charm was a gem.

The "Darkstone" recieved from Eerie Darkness Gem is a neckie.

Maybe they stack maybe they dont. Who knows? not me as Im not a caster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom