1.74 started

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
Armsman

- Armsmen will now receive a parry reactionary version of the Thrust style, Ratfang.

does this mean we'll finally get first spot on RvR groups again?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Lots of good stuff, I had forgotten what DF looks like for a start, and 5 hunters can take a tower a doddle :)

The artifact and scroll drop increases are going to wipe the smile off all the farmers, campers and rip off merchants who charge a fortune, great news.

All looks good to me.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Motowntheta said:
Expect this patch some time around... er.... Hell Freezing Over ;) or August whichever comes first ...... still too long between Mythic and GOA patches imo....

And it's getting longer and longer with each patches :)

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Presumably the patch could be introduced in Europe but with the clustering bits disabled? simply not doing anything? I mean I assume they are going to introduce the patch - it has new hair styles after all - and I can't see them taking the clustering bits out so ...what's the plan.

Ref. Pally changes - if there are 2 or more pallies in a group get one of them to leave end on all the time. It usually took my pally several minutes to get the idea through but it makes things much easier. Less pressing buttons to twist = more time to style, redo guard etc. When the pally running the end chant starts to get low on power pally 2 takes over and just does end etc.

Like I say I did it because it gave people more time to concentrate on other things. With this change I think it could become a standard requirement.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
we'll get the patch, just they might not switch on clustering - I doubt it'll be switched on for some of the US servers anyway (Merlin, Guinevere etc.)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
gervaise said:
Ref. Pally changes - if there are 2 or more pallies in a group get one of them to leave end on all the time. It usually took my pally several minutes to get the idea through but it makes things much easier. Less pressing buttons to twist = more time to style, redo guard etc. When the pally running the end chant starts to get low on power pally 2 takes over and just does end etc.

I really wouldn't worry about this Pally change. It won't be around for long.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
finally,seems like they've implemented everything that i kept dreaming.good job mythic
:cheers:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Trolls away imo, this is a promising patch start tbh.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
We'll have to wait and see what Mythic/GOA will consider a low population before they start clustering.

Prydwen currently has about 1200 players at peak time, with Excalibur at about 1750. Cluster these servers together and there would be plenty of RvR action with a total cluster population of about 3000. Just remember with WoW coming out soon the population will drop.

I'd rather be on a server cluster of 3000 than a single server with just 1200 people.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Have laughed IRL about this reply when a mid whined about Mythic's Albion loving:

"You have Warlocks. Shut your pie hole."

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Novac said:
ohh i really hope so :) even as it might not be a big nerf but still... i love my pally the way it is. hoping they would never nerf my underpowerd melee char ( in damage :p ) !

The only nerf possible for pala damage would result in higher damage :p

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Novac said:
ohh i really hope so :) even as it might not be a big nerf but still... i love my pally the way it is. hoping they would never nerf my underpowerd melee char ( in damage :p ) !

Nowt wrong with Pally damage, they are comparable in terms of output to armsmen thanks to our chants and they provide a great deal more utility to the group. Yeah, mercs do more damage and S/S Reavers do more damage than S/S Pallies, but nothing terribly drastic in terms of what we can do to the enemies.

Besides, if you want to do damage, go 2-H. If you have Bodyguard, you can still perform the defence role very effectively, but you can also cut opponents down to size very quickly. 600+ damage on a crit shot from a 2-H style to an enemy caster or healer is not to be sniffed at. Paladin damage is underrated to the point of being myth that simply isn't true.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
and that 8 palladins grouped together become near on indestructable with 200hp ticks form heal chant :)

OldNick

Fledgling Freddie
8x pallies with 45-50 hp each would shirley make 400hp per tick ?

Nick

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
and that 8 palladins grouped together become near on indestructable with 200hp ticks form heal chant :)

Healchants doesnt stack ;)

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
They don't stack, but they don't override either. You will be healed for 8x50 instead of 1x400 :)

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
/cry no Valewalker Love... ffs just leave us broken since 1.62 and forget about us why dont you mythic :puke:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
vales dont need any beefing up donkeh is fine for me :)

only thing thats lacking with them is any form of protect

and didnt realise that heal chant didnt stack :D

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I love their quest names: "Half ogre - all man" "Beauty and the 'Bolg" and "Troll, Dark and Handsome" all ace :D

the rewards for these quests (which involve a lot of running in and out of the capital.. but are quite a fun story) are basically a 'magic 8 ball' - you ask it a question, then /use, /use2 or /interact with it to find the result.
just completed the 'gnome away from home' quest which gives a pretty decent (for lvl 30 quest) bracer.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
vales dont need any beefing up donkeh is fine for me :)

only thing thats lacking with them is any form of protect

and didnt realise that heal chant didnt stack :D

i suppose, if anything, the only thing vales need is a self-af buff with a crazy delves like the heretics to increase their af and abs vs bolts and melee

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
/cry no Valewalker Love... ffs just leave us broken since 1.62 and forget about us why dont you mythic :puke:

well aye ... but what about Friars .. yet again .. the forgotten Class of Daoc ... even Thanes get lovin :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom