1.72G Ranger and Hunter love

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Chadalonius said:
Blocking being halved by dual wield isn't pleasant either...

True; but from a ranger PoV:

Unable to touch a scout (or any other shield-class) with my main line of offense (bow) isnt pleasant either.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
noobish comment from 1 which never played an scout.

shit on range advantage do /groundset 200 and ull see how much range advantage an Scout have. Hunters doing more damage with their Spear then me with my FUCKING Bow. And Rangers do same bow damage and 2,3 times more melee damge as an Scout.

You forget the shield though.. In most dualwielder vs scout melee situations it's not overly effective, but as most abilities it has it's moments. It's not as visible in OF fighting as it is in NF though since whenever an archer enters a keepsiege he enters some sort of 'campingmode'. :p Stealth and look for a target to appear on the walls. And it's not rocket science that shield and a slightly better bow has more utility in keeps than a bow, good melee and selfbuffs(and a pet for hunters). Scouts are better in keeps and the other archers are better in the open terrain.

If i could decide, I'd give scouts better offensive shieldstyles OR incorporate it better into melee so it works like an offhand weapon. A 'chance' to swing your shield as a melee hit each swing with right hand weapon, not quite as damaging as the normal offhand perhaps.. Look at how they used shields earlier.. They weren't only a defensive tool and they used their shieldarm to bash almost as much as the swordarm. Hunters and rangers would need something defensive though.. Hm.. nah:

Imho, the archer classes are balanced as they are. They will never have equal abilities, so they will always have something called their own turf. It's just that with OF you end up in melee often where it's decided. The more melee oriented favour this and in NF it's the other way around. If people stayed out of keeps or people had to move atleast a bit outside of keeps, the melee advantage would have some place to work aswell. It would create more 'turfs'.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
True; but from a ranger PoV:

Unable to touch a scout (or any other shield-class) with my main line of offense (bow) isnt pleasant either.

Scout will block ur Arrows, but with Weapon or should i say wannabe defense thingy and shield out, an scout cant use his bow neither. So just force him into melee and most of the time ull get ur 900+ rp's.

And other shield-classes arent much problem 2 now imo. With all this ml abilitys and toa stat decrease iteams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom