1.72 & 1.73 - Most Important Feature(s)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
What do you think are the most important changes/fixes/new features in the two patches we will get along with catacombs tomorrow?

Here's my list:
- Realm Rank Extension up to RR12L0
- RP penalty for high RR players that kill lower RR enemies has been reduced
- When you have a negative effect removed (purging/curing/breaking mesmerize, root, stun, etc), the icon will now remain at the top of your screen, but tinted red to let you know that you currently have immunity to that effect.
- re-use time of Forceful Zephyr has been increased from 2 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Concentration buff spells are now uninterruptable
- Feature to buy items directly through the ME
- dyeing and emblemeering artifact/ToA cloaks

I am really looking forward to see guild emblems and groups with unique outfit again compared to the uniform look we have atm across all three realms.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i agree with all of it garba :)

also looking really forward to the redistribution of scrolls and speedwarp nerf (not sure which patch thats in though)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
also looking really forward to the redistribution of scrolls and speedwarp nerf (not sure which patch thats in though)
1.75 .. :( They couldn't fix it, so they made it back to the old but with 5 min dur instead of 10. but it's still 60 seconds on the players.

Can't really remember much from the notes since I read them long ago, but there are some very nice improvements you've posted, Garba. :]

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Garbannoch said:

I am really looking forward to see guild emblems and groups with unique outfit again compared to the uniform look we have atm across all three realms.

from what i have seen they look really crap though, hopefully they have made them look a bit better.

majik

Banned
Raven said:
from what i have seen they look really crap though, hopefully they have made them look a bit better.

From videos I've seen in catacombs some emblems dont have such a nice effect on the cloak as others which is a shame:(

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
btw i did read something about it, we do get a new catacombs client but most ppl still seem to rvr with toa client in the us, any enlighters:confused: :D

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
- When you have a negative effect removed (purging/curing/breaking mesmerize, root, stun, etc), the icon will now remain at the top of your screen, but tinted red to let you know that you currently have immunity to that effect.
- Feature to buy items directly through the ME

The three above points are the most important ones to me tbh.

roovah

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

no more brown harpy :worthy: most important one for me! everything else is v good aswell :clap:

Bloodclot

Banned
RP penalty for high RR players that kill lower RR enemies has been reduced

:clap: :clap:

i am rr7. and i allready find it sucky to get 600-700 rp's from solo kills against rr2-4 :(, so don't wanna think of it when rr8+. and rr10's get like 500rp's for a solo kill of low rr...

in FG rvr its like 100-120rp's. old frontiers it was like 220-240.

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
re-use time of Forceful Zephyr has been increased from 2 minutes to 15 minutes.

VERY GOOD!!!

Felgar

Loyal Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
i agree with all of it garba :)

Copy/paste from Camelot Herald, 1.74 notes

Artifact Notes

- Artifact scrolls in Volcanus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Siam-he up to level fifty now have a chance to drop any Volcanus scroll one. Siam-he and taurs level fifty-five and greater have a chance to drop any page of the Volcanus scrolls.

- Artifact scrolls in Aerus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Centaurs and cyclops now have a chance to drop any page of the Aerus scrolls.

- The final named monster for each master level encounter will now drop a random scroll from their region. Draco will drop three scrolls from Aerus.

Master Level Ability Changes and Fixes

- The duration of the Speedwarp debuff has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. The duration of the Speedwarp ward has been reduced from 10 minutes to 5 minutes. The Speedwarp ward's hit points have been significantly reduced.

Copy/paste from Camelot Herald, 1.75 notes

Items - General

- Artifact scrolls in Stygia have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Setians and Mau now have a chance to drop any page of the Stygia scrolls.

As for 1.73 agreed with garba, above all tho is Zephyr's increased re-use timer.

PS: 1.73 and 1.74 r good patches, but i cant w8 for 1.75. Tower razing and the ml x.10 thing r very nice, plus some other great stuff.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Killrake said:
re-use time of Forceful Zephyr has been increased from 2 minutes to 15 minutes.

VERY GOOD!!!

Agree. 10 or 15 mins is a must on such powerful spell.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
with the feature to buy directly...whats with those that have bugged CMs? anyone knows? example
house xx has som for 15 plat, you walk there..no som
now with direct buy..?

Faya

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
The FZ nerf is most definately my fave thing, might still get FZed everytime i walk out and die..but least i'll know it was the same gimp who's FZ pops up everytime i venture out after a RB.

FZing solo mages bad mkkay

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Cant wait for 1.75 when they nerf Warlock down to a pile of shit.

Woopi

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
btw anyone else find it gay that i can insta (heal) while running..but not while riding (FZ).....

silleh game i play.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:
RP penalty for high RR players that kill lower RR enemies has been reduced

:clap: :clap:

i am rr7. and i allready find it sucky to get 600-700 rp's from solo kills against rr2-4 :(, so don't wanna think of it when rr8+. and rr10's get like 500rp's for a solo kill of low rr...

in FG rvr its like 100-120rp's. old frontiers it was like 220-240.

I must actually diagree with you there, but not totally.

I realize you require huge amounts of RPs to gain in rank and things would
just slow off to much if you got a drop in 50% from killing lower RR chars.

BUT at the same time, why are you rewarded for killing something that might
as well be grey con to you? A RR1-3 char is going to loose a fight with a
RR7-10 char no matter what, why is the RR7-10 deserving a full pot of realpoints?

Just as you dont get much for killing green con mobs you do not deserve as
much RPs for killing low RR players when you are a higher RR.

I think there should be a bonus system instead where a low RR player
should have a realmpoint bonus if killing a high RR char.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
I think there should be a bonus system instead where a low RR player
should have a realmpoint bonus if killing a high RR char.

yep, bonus for low rr if killing a higher... instead they penalize higher rr

:[

Arthur

Banned
Docs said:
I must actually diagree with you there, but not totally.

I realize you require huge amounts of RPs to gain in rank and things would
just slow off to much if you got a drop in 50% from killing lower RR chars.

BUT at the same time, why are you rewarded for killing something that might
as well be grey con to you? A RR1-3 char is going to loose a fight with a
RR7-10 char no matter what, why is the RR7-10 deserving a full pot of realpoints?

what if said rr1-3 char is a sorc or a bd against say.. a druid, if the druid wins this he deserves all the rps he gets and more.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>> A RR1-3 char is going to loose a fight with a

Hey, with my ice wiz, any hib caster rr1-3 can qcast stun, dd,dd,dd me without me being able to do much about it... they are always a challenge.

Calo

Part of the furniture
dont think Buying thru ME will be THAT good

u have to pay 25% more no? thought i heared something like that.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
dont think Buying thru ME will be THAT good

u have to pay 25% more no? thought i heared something like that.

yes but who cares about 25% when you buy 3g mana pots or stuff like that - ofc if you wanna buy a 100p item you prolly gonna walk ;)
they also removed the zonewalls in the entire housing zone as well - forgot to mention this

Calo

Part of the furniture
Garbannoch said:
yes but who cares about 25% when you buy 3g mana pots or stuff like that - ofc if you wanna buy a 100p item you prolly gonna walk ;)
they also removed the zonewalls in the entire housing zone as well - forgot to mention this

I had never problems with running, but that might be because im a skald ;)

Its nice yes

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Grimmen said:
Cant wait for 1.75 when they nerf Warlock down to a pile of shit.

Woopi

30% DoT any something like 20% lifetap nerf, that doesn't especially make it a "pile of shit", mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom