1.65d

N

)nick(

Yay more caster nerfs!

This is what the patch should look like:

- Removed the interupt component from ALL, except DDs, insta spells.

- Added a 30 seconds immunity timer to disease.

- Anything which a character is immune to does NOT, I repeat NEVER interupt.

- Savages are now hybrids. With lowered WS, HP and expensive RAs.

<edit: insta amnesia is NOT an interupt, so there's nothing to nerf there>

R

rauno

what does mythic say is savage a hybrid or pure tank?

if they say savage is a hybrid how can they explain why he got all RA's/high weaponskill/hp ?

and if savage is pure tank how can they explain why they have like 8 self buffs +taunt shout?

if they say he is pure tank and still can have all self buffs then make all other hybrid also whit high was and hp+RA's INSANE? yes it is so FFS NERF SAVAGE!

and thane got love why didnt champ get?

A

Ardrias_Mid

Good points Nick :)

Not the savage nerfs tho ;)

Oh... champs maybe didnt get love because their spell-line was already better than thanes? And that their weaponlines are better as well? Just a thought :E

M

Merl

" Please note that we are not yet done with this patch. "

Is all i have to say.

Oh and bring on resist nerf plz ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

Except for Draw Out, which has questionable usefulness in RvR, we just gained another useless style in Sword. Our only anytime stylechain, Assault -> Ice Storm has been nerfed by making Ice Storm chain off Evade. Nice for Savages and SB, but sucks for every other sword user. Especially Thanes, since they don't even have evade.

N

)nick(

On second thoughts I am not sure if it would be smart to remove the interupt component from the attack speed debuff. Imagine the chaos when the tanks get hit with this instead of the support/casters!!11

S

Solid

Well Sword users are forced to use Assault/Baldur's Fury now but also get Icestorm/Sif's Revenge as an evade combo, as a Sword SB or Savage, its a nice boost.

As a Warrior, Skald, Thane it sucks as Ice Storm was much better than Baldur's and Evade 1/1/0 (respectively) aitn really gonna let you get much use out of Icestorm (Or Raider for that matter) chain now.

They shoulda just had them as Evade styles for Savages, Zerks, Shadowblades and Hunters, not ALL classes.

L

lakih

Champions dont need any special love right now... only a end/power lowering on their spells, but all hybrids need that.

Savages are lighttanks, same as zerkers, mercenaries, blademasters and bd's :p

S

Silenzio

/HOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

armsman got some "Group" toys haveing theyr stun on rear positional chain now... but lost they best (or more used chain )
Cripping blow + Disabler... we gona use more endurance now...

we lost one Anytime (think they should replace it n give one more higer anytime instead ov poleaxe) but seems poleaxe is changed to good before was kinda worthless style...

have to see some ov this changes on my Sword skald
more hp n more dd is good... but ... mmm have to see if my lvl1 evade will make me able ot land ice storm ahhaha

good for breazer higer grorate n more dd :) i like it...

well i hoped for some more change... maybe in all the combat lines but we cant have all...

stealther have not been changed at all... sigh ( or tnx?)

S

scarffs

Originally posted by rauno
what does mythic say is savage a hybrid or pure tank?

if they say savage is a hybrid how can they explain why he got all RA's/high weaponskill/hp ?

and if savage is pure tank how can they explain why they have like 8 self buffs +taunt shout?

if they say he is pure tank and still can have all self buffs then make all other hybrid also whit high was and hp+RA's INSANE? yes it is so FFS NERF SAVAGE!

and thane got love why didnt champ get?

Errm, mister, get a clue. Savages are the equivalent of mercs and blademasters ( we are out of zerkers ) hence the cheap ras.
And for the selfbuffs, mercs have a dirty tricks special and bm's a triple wield, all extras.
True, savages hit hard, but so do mercs and blademasters. Its just that when berserkers got erased from the world, a lot of those made savages so you see a lot of them, hence you being owned by a lot of savages.

S

scarffs

Ah Silenzio, read the part where it says, still a lot of changes to come :)

K

kinag

Thats some damn nice changes :D

And aurora borealis now have higher growth rate and higher DD proc :D love imo :clap:

O

old.Emma

Couple things for those that care.

Thane str/con buff has been increased to a delve value of 75/75 which now buffs @ lvl 50 SC for ~90 str/con

Increased damage on Thors Full Lightning Line and Mjollnir (yes they actually do more than tickle someone now)

Skalds are now on the correct Hybrid table they get the proper 3.8 hp per con point same as SB`s.

Cant comment on the new DD`s as they were bugged when the patch went live (no one got em)

Focus Shield Changes, both good and bad will increase the costs of single line respec stones due to less of them on the market, but will hopefully help realms out like hibernia that are lacking in tanks. No more mana chanter pets out tanking tanks.

Evade styles in sword/axe are completely useless for SB`s, there damage isnt that good, hamstring is still better, but it does help hunters/savages alot.

Raider not very good, still has the penalty to-hit and penalty to-defense, damage was roughly the same as Havok.

Ice Storm, better damage than Raider and lower end cost, no defense penalty, havent tried Sif`s Revenge yet due to my SB still no being copied over.

Resist changes are a big plus. No more uber resists, and resist debuffs now have diminishing returns on unbuffed class`s (someone without resist buffs), but do work to there fullest on resist buffed class's.

Draw Out, excellent change, its now the best PvE taunt style \o/

Havent had chance to test the alb crush line yet, although its not a major change, but the anytime style will help with crush tanks.

Polearm good and bad, bad for solo players, but overall good change for group based rvr combat.

2H nice change, rear stun style good for pallies/armsman, 2h was lacking decent styles and this has helped the line a fair bit.

H2H triple/quad rates changed is a good thing, previously the tri/quad rate was ~4% for tri, 11% for quad. This has been changed to the correct way of 15% tri, 5% quad. Lower chance to quad but higher chance to tri. DPS is still exactly the same for H2H savages.

Bad news for zerks :( The AB change is a complete joke, Damage on AB has been increased by only a few percent and the DD proc went from 40 damage to ~45 damage vs lvl 50`s :(

Thats it for now ;p

Hopefully 1.65e will be patched today, possibly changing some of the sword/axe evade styles to be better use to rogues.

S

Solid

Thanks Emma, super informative post.

I think Champs are gonna scream bloody murder at the Thane self buff change imo, if Thanes get that buff, Champs really need it too.

Its the correct delve on a self buff imo tho, something that CANNOT be outdone by a buffbot, means the Self buffs is NEVER gonna be redundant.

Give Hunters, Champions both a 75/75 delve buff at 50 spec in their respective lines (Beascraft and Valour) for parity.

Give Rangers a 50 Delve Str buff in Pathfinding line

ALL self buffs should at the maximum spec outperform BOT buffs imo. Thats what I sent to Mythic on a feedback form, so lets hope they clean it up for all classes.

Means 50 Weapon, 50 SC 2H Thanes will finally have something to offfset the lack of their Shield Slam, but imo a new Insta DD should have been added at 50 SC spec.

Troll Thane with 50 SC, Aug Str 2 and +10 at creation = 334 Self Buffed Str. King of duels maybe, doubt its a major boost in the current BBotted RvR scenarios, I have been using red con MotA3 buffs on my Thane since 1.62 and it hasnt helped him find RvR groups any easier.

Helps the soloers and non botters tho.

I didnt notice any damage increase mentioned for the full lightning line Emma, have they upped the Delve on that as well?

Last I checked TFL delved for 151 and new Mjollnir for 164.

O

old.Emma

Believe there is a slight increase to damage on the lines, thats TFL, Mjollnir and the Pbae shout.

Cant tell the exact ammount until later on when some more peeps come online, but after seeing some thanes duel it seems to hit for ~15-20% of there hp per cast (mjollnir) so im guessing its doing around 150-200 dmg vs 26% energy resist now.

On a side note i tested the caps with my lvl 30 thane on pend(30 SC)

TFL caps at 299 damage
Mjollnir caps at 268 damage.
Insta Bolt caps at 238 damage

Thats with no extra piety just base and no +SC so im guessing it will be a handy boost to thane`s frontload damage in the SC line.

S

Solid

Emma, no documented change on the TFL lien in the patch notes, no Thanes on IGN had mentioned it when i checked last nite, IGN boards are down today.

Anyway, 1.62 Thanes already do approx 200 damage in duels with their TFL, its not that great with current powercosts and cast times, but in RvR with lower power cost it will come in handy in Siege Warfare.

Still SC line needs a lot more to make it worth not being on Hybrid Tank HP or WS tables and not having any good/cheap RA's.

TL Coordinator already shot down suggestions to add a 10% Energy Debuff to the AoE and a 33% Snare to the DD and to make the PBAoE a chant like the reavers, those 3 changes in combination with a damage add boost to 11dps and the Self buff fix we have already seen wouold be enuff to satisfy most thanes.

Add in a unique RA that works, IP not requiring FA1+2 to buy and I would be content.

T

Tasans

Read vn, the dd has been increased from 141 to 151 the mjollnir from 151 to 163 and the pbaoe from 69 to 114. The self buff delves for 63 at 38 sc, 75 at 48 sc and 93 at 50 sc.
RR1 xping thanes will find the changes good. Rvring thanes got nothing.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Solid
ALL self buffs should at the maximum spec outperform BOT buffs imo.

so Pally dmg add chant should be raised to 10dps at least since a theurg bot can put it there.

:p

T

Tasans

Oh yeah i forgot they increased the mjollnir radius from 350 to 350 wow!

F

Farnis

What is the advantage in using ice storm->sifs over hamstring-->leaper?

O

old.Emma

1.64 MLF 73 piety

Thor`s Vitality 34/34

unbuffed str, 105
unbuffed con, 89
unbuffed hits, 533

buffed str, 146
buffed con, 130
buffed hits, 621

Thors Lightning

92 Delve, 29 pow
Cap 278 damage

Toothgnasher`s Horn

66 delve, 20 pow
Cap 199 Damage

Greather Thunder Bellow

40 delve, 20 pow
Cap 120 Damage

Invoke Mjollnir

69 delve, 18 pow
Cap 208 Damage

1.65d

Thor`s Vitality 51/51

unbuffed str, 105
unbuffed con, 89
unbuffed hits, 533

buffed str, 161
buffed con, 146
buffed hits, 654

Thors Lightning

92 Delve, 18 pow
Cap 278 damage

Toothgnasher`s Horn

66 delve, 15 pow
Cap 199 Damage

Greather Thunder Bellow

66 delve, 15 pow
Cap 199 Damage

Invoke Mjollnir

79 delve, 13 pow
Cap 239 Damage

No change to Thor`s Full Lightning line and the instant, but both the pbae shout and mjollnir have increased in damage, all spells power cost has been reduced by 30-50%, biggest damage increase is on the pbae shout.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Farnis
What is the advantage in using ice storm->sifs over hamstring-->leaper?

none the evade styles in axe/sword are useless for SB`s. Hamstring/Leaper is far more effective damage and end cost wise.

Hopefully they will change that today if they patch again. Almost everyone so far has either dismissed the evade styles completely or request they change them for rogue`s only to have a stun effect.

G

Gef

The only thing that enchanter focus nerf will encourage is even worse powerlevelling activities, i'm guessing it was designed to stop people focus pulling REALLY high level mobs. But a level 50 killing abys in CM, they are orange so i'm guessing it will be pretty much the same as before. But a level 40 will have problems, what the hell has that achieved?

O

old.job

I love all this mulling over slight increases/decreases in abilities, in RVR it just means you last 0.00005 secs longer than usual when zerged.

S

Solid

Originally posted by Tasans
Read vn, the dd has been increased from 141 to 151 the mjollnir from 151 to 163 and the pbaoe from 69 to 114. The self buff delves for 63 at 38 sc, 75 at 48 sc and 93 at 50 sc.
RR1 xping thanes will find the changes good. Rvring thanes got nothing.

I think you will find TFL has always delved for 151, there has been NO INCREASE to TFL damage
Also there is NO SELF BUFF at 48 spec and dont be ridiculous in claiming the 50 spec buff delves for 93, it delves for 75/75.

Originally posted by Addlcove
so Pally dmg add chant should be raised to 10dps at least since a theurg bot can put it there.

Addclove not quite mate, Paladin DPS add is a CHANT, its the ONLY Chant DPS add in Albion, the Theurgist/Wizard DA is a timered castable add, they are not comparable. And Albion should be the last realm to moan about Damage Add's, TWO classes get it as a BASELINE spell. Runies have to spec 49 Darkness to get a realm castable DA thats equal/better than the wiz/Theur baseline, the ALb 10dps realm castable baselien DA is 10dps, the Thane's self only 46 Stomcalling spec 9.4 dps add is less than that, food for thought

Skald Damage Chant == Paladin Chant, both are group based chants and both stack (to some extent) with Castable Timered DPS adds.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Solid
I think you will find TFL has always delved for 151, there has been NO INCREASE to TFL damage
Also there is NO SELF BUFF at 48 spec and dont be ridiculous in claiming the 50 spec buff delves for 93, it delves for 75/75.

Yeah you are right about the TFL, i barely use it as it is and i couldnt remember for what it delved :p
The buff delve values were copy pasted from a thane who claimed he tested them on pedragon, no idea if they are true but it was the only numbers i saw.

Edit I meant to say what the buff returns not the delve value. The 50 buff delves for 75/75 and gives ~93.

R

Roo Stercogburn

For the most part, some very nice stuff in that patch.

/hood, claiming a keep without needing to shuffle people into guild groups, stackable patterns good, slight reduction in deed prices which I approve of, /gc autoremove finally fixed and implemented.

Well looks like I've been nerfed a little bit again. It won't particularly affect me for RvR but will when I'm out hunting ghoulies and ghosties and long leggety beasties :D

The Focus Shield nerf will hit me a bit. With the combination of Darkness and Summoning I have, when I am taking on red cons it is always a matter of timing (the focus shield by itself, even with a high level spirit debuff I have on the darkness line was never going to kill anything higher than blue/yellow). Cancel the focus shield too early and move to nukes and I get agro too fast or if I have to throw in a quick heal, then restart the focus shield, that heal is more likely to get me agro now.

It seems that I will have to expend a lot more power on the damage shield before I can switch to the lifetap so Junior holds the agro. Where I think this will become problematic is the fact that we are now facing insane resists as casters and I'm likely to be out of power long before the mob is dead.

Impossible to tell without having played the patch, but this is my initial impression.

It does seem obvious this nerf is aimed mainly at chanters. Having pbae and the focus shield on the same line pretty much kills xp groups for most classes in Hib. Its a shame the scattershot approach hits all realms.

I can't help but thinking most of the various nerfs that have hit Spirit Masters over the last couple of years have tended to be nerfs that were aimed at other classes for the most part, but end up hitting us too.

But as I said, a relatively small nerf for me as nerfs go, but sadly the only thing Summoning SMs had to offer was precisely what Mythic are taking away and for that they really do deserve a smack in the mouth.

EDIT: slight grammar/spelling. Nerfed the proliferation of commas and brought sentences in line with spelling from other realms.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn

It does seem obvious this nerf is aimed mainly at chanters. Having pbae and the focus shield on the same line pretty much kills xp groups for most classes in Hib. Its a shame the scattershot approach hits all realms.

The FS nerf is meant as a means to stop groups focusing epic mobs etc. Don't think it has anything to do with Enchanters, just focus shield farming in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom