1.65 theurg speccs

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Would like to continue the thread made on BW about the topic.

I've been playing with character builder n came up with 3 options i like:

- 35 earth (1min pet, 8secs, pbt), 32 ice (2nd best pet n aoeRoot) 25 air (2nd best pet, aoeMezz).

- 45 earth (last pbt, 2nd best pet) rest air

- 48 earth (last pet last pbt) 21 air (2nd best pet, aoeMezz) 12 ice (some crap pets n aoeRoot)

Discuss

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I'm going 35Earth 25Ice 32Air (if i ever get to 50)

But I've always liked weird specs :)

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I'm going 35Earth 25Ice 32Air (if i ever get to 50)

But I've always liked weird specs :)
your air skill will give u really sucky nukes (they aint to good now unless target debuffed) and if your only speccing it for the ae mezz . dont bother cos its very low duration , if u mezz a savage or any other det tank he will break mezz very quickly indeed. and thus leaving him mezz immune if a sorc/mincer mezz's

boost your earth or ice spec imo :) tri-spec thruegs imo wont be any good (not from a nuking pov anyways)

bult

Loyal Freddie
our theurg is 41ice 35 earth atm and he will stay that way im quite sure

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Jpeg QuickStix said:
your air skill will give u really sucky nukes (they aint to good now unless target debuffed) and if your only speccing it for the ae mezz . dont bother cos its very low duration , if u mezz a savage or any other det tank he will break mezz very quickly indeed. and thus leaving him mezz immune if a sorc/mincer mezz's

boost your earth or ice spec imo :) tri-spec thruegs imo wont be any good (not from a nuking pov anyways)

Point is to not to deal damage with nukes, not even with high specc air you will kill any enemy well buffed. Point is to interrupt supports as much as u can, and puttin 3 types of long duration pets who can snare, chain-stun n nuke (tri-specc) on each enemy support must be kind of a piss for em, i guess....

Wildfire said:
41 ice 35 earth

Looks interesting indeed.

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
afaik chain stunning pets dont work on normal rvr (not that i have noticed anyways) only works on pvp (dunno if it still does) .. and i THIINK (cba checking patch notes) air pets dont get any bonus (ie: time alive bonus) thats for just the ice/earth pets :)

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
IMO

if i ever lvl/pl a theurgist (i love them maybe i will do it next patch who knows :p)
i am gonna make him Ice (ice pets gonna kick some serious asses...read from vn for 1xx+ [or 2xx can't recal it]dmg on fully sced friar!!!!)
also the root thing is also usefull (far better than mezz cause it has more delve time that mezz and under deter4 yeah it is short but not so short as mezz is)

maybe last ice pet / ae root in ice spec
and everything left to air for some nuke power

ps. yes i know that pets really as not as deadly as the lvl50 air nuke but......put 2-3 in every healer and they fucked....they get hitted (ice pets use range attacks) interrupt (see before) and according to the americans they hit as hard as a train if you start spamming them :p
ps1. ofc you won't root and then start casting pets on the rooted savages :p
ps2. dunno if u can still cast the air ones at a melee class...dunno if they effectivly stay stunned or help you to get the fuck outa of the heat (if anyone knows inform me plz :p)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jpeg QuickStix said:
afaik chain stunning pets dont work on normal rvr (not that i have noticed anyways) only works on pvp (dunno if it still does)
Yes, theurgist air pets can chainstun in RvR, as can the stunning (amber) Cabalist pet. As Puppethealer once observed, spamming air pets on a healer or caster that is MoCing is the most effective way to stop the MoC -- he will get stunned constantly and waste his 15 seconds.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
My understanding is that fotm theurg spec is 41 Ice, 35 Earth.

General consensus I followed was that new ice pets are good, earth petys seem to be considered to have been nerfed (espeicially for levelling, less so for generating to-hit on raids) because in most cases the reduction to 300 HP is more significant than the extension to 60 seconds.

The alternative to simply to stick with air which continues happily in it's world of non-suckage.

I say this without ever having played a theurg mind you - it's just US board chatter.

Personally I'd avoid medium level speccing in ice or air - too many of the spec spells would be compromised by the effect of spell level on resists, wheras earth specs (pet, pbt, and nothing else) don't have that problem.

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
Stinkie has already respeced 41 ice 35 earth ready for this from 26 earth 45 air. This gives the lowest 1 min duration earth pets 8 sec pbt and the highest ice pets.

heres a few facts I found out to help me decide on my new spec:

There is no point going over 35 earth in the next patch, though the higher earth ele's do more damage than the lvl32 ones they have the same HP and can be 1 - 2 shot by any class that specs for any type of damage(this includes any caster aoe spell)

Ice pets get a HUGE boost in damage 2 best ice pets(lvl40) will kill most classes in a duel if left casting ,3 will even kill a pali !

The 180DD cold spec base nuke does much better damage than the 210DD air spec nuke if u get a sorc debuffing and most decent RvR grps have atleast 1 sorc ( I wubs TBs body sorc sooo much)

Casting 1 earth and 1 ice pet on a healing class that isnt mezzed seems to be one of the best tactics. if left alone the healer is out of action for 1 min. If they decide to get rid of the pets 1 aoe spell is not going to target both so its going to be a lot more of a pain for them. too many times have I spammed air pets on a target only for an aoe stun / confuse to render them all useless and me OOP.

1 bad thing Ive noticed about this spec is my power bar. air spec was way more power efficient than ice/earth so if u plan soloing a lot while lvling i suggest going air then getting a respec at 50.

Hope this helps any other theurgies decide on there spec.

Regards,

Stinkie

Lwofyre

Fledgling Freddie
I've been 46 air, 26 earth, 10 ice since I my lvl40 respec and it served me very well till now (6L2 atm). 2 month ago I tried out the "FoTM" earth 35/ice 41 spec but specced back fairly quick. I dont see myself speccing high earth or ice with next patch. Why?

I see my thurg as a interrupter and dmg-dealer. Without any doubt a pet that has the chance to stun (even while charging on the target) is a far superior interrupt then a walking rock. Ok, the earth elemental might live longer but it can only interrupt in melee and fights are usually over in less then 1 min. Plus a chain-stunned target can run far (especially nice vs. those annyoing shammies). And, as Belomar pointed out, chain-stunning gadgeto pets negate MoC.

Next thing: the dmg. Earth/ice heavy relies on pet dmg. Earth eles have to be in melee range to deliver dmg and ice eles got this nasty bug that they charge into melee once the got hit. Eles are more usefull for interrupts. As sorce of dmg they more or less a uncureable DoT -> not hard to keep the target healed. Air thurgs can happily nuke away and on a "normal" target i hit between 250 - 450 (depending on resists). With a 30% cabby debuff I cap quite often and thats a nice bunch of 685 dmg every 1.8 secs. I can switch my target faster then spitting out another set of pets. This way i can adapt alot faster to ever changing RvR fights.

Other points:
- pBT helps little vs. assist-trains. Yes it has its uses but they are rare and I dont feel I miss much with only 10s pBT. Plus the mana-drain from the 6s or 8s pBT really drove me nutz.
- CC on thurgs is more or less a joke. I use my mezz when i get jumped by a stealther. I really dont want to give those savages a free 1 min immunity when my sorc has a much better version of AE mezz and I would ruin that with my crap one. AE root is nice - for interrupting. If i need to root someone I use singel roots. CC aint my job, thats why there is a sorc. Hes far better at it. Be selective when rooting or use AE rooting for interrupts (doors and shrooms are great targets for that).
- being earth/air I give out quite decent haste and EB. Thats just a minor benefit but every little helps.

After all it comes down to personal preferences. I know some thurgs that love their earth/ice specs and will enjoy the upcoming patch. I am happy with air/earth. I tried the other side and didnt like it (did I mention that earth/ice is a power sinkhole? Good, I never been oom so often before!). I love my thurg, hes quite a valid char both solo (in Odins, Emain sucks for that :p) and in groups. To bad I usually have to play my cleric ;)

Larik

Fledgling Freddie
Like a few Theurgists posting here it seems, I was 45 wind, 26 earth, and respecced to 41 ice, 35 earth.

Not entirely impressed with the new spec so far - especially with the habit of ice pets running into mellee when hit, or that if a target runs out of range, they stop casting, run after it until it's range again, start casting again. Earth pets seem much more useful in rvr out of the two (really do miss Air pets to be honest, can't beat a chain stun which has no immunity on it :( ). Interested in seeing how the changes affect them though after the patch.

Agree with the comment about pbt - would anyone consider a 50 ice, 20 earth spec better for rvr? Just cast a group skin, it would take the first hit as well as pbt would. With 50 ice would have the highest level pet, best snare nuke and best aoe root as well. Wouldn't try that myself, I'd miss the pve-friendly aspects of pbt and the earth pets of course ;)

Xplo

Banned
I thought maybe 41 wind 35 earth, stun pets for pb groups and earth for tank groups and 2nd best Wind nuke witch nukes harder then the ice snare nuke. But I guess the aoe root and snare dd are better ;d

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
respecced to 41 Ice 35 Earth, and im happy with it.
With this setup you will get the most out of a theurgist.

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
41 Ice
35 Earth

Ice pet's got ranged DD's ... Earth pet's is gonna last forever with ToA, and do heck of alot dmg !!! I believe that 4 Ice pets can kill a Tank? .. I heard that somewhere ... prolly VN Boards :twak:

Well, the fact is that Im respeccing from:

45 Wind
26 Earth
14 Ice

Tbh, I like the idea of Theurgs getting a better Area root, seriously .. (the way that we HB's play, and the size of enemy's we encounter, our battles last's from 30 secs - 15 mins) ... if I can area root an ENTIRE mid tank assist train, I helped my entire grp to kill a healer/shammy or save our cleric/sorc ... or my own sorry arse ! :D
The way I react when playing in my current setup:
Pet on Shammy ... he is normally my first target, as he DoT's, instant diseases, area root, generally interupting and making the life for clerics and caster's a living nightmare. Normally I put 2 pet's on the Shammy, then go for Pac Healer, 2 pet's on him aswell... then area/singel root tanks. Then put another 2 pet's on Shammy ... then pet healers till Im on 20-30% power .. or untill I know that we won the battle. I normally help out DD'ing on the last 2-3 tanks/healers/what ever :)

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
I like the tri spec Rulke mentioned, but it very much depends on how much less damage the level 25 ice pet does compared to the level 40 one introduced next patch. If the difference is very large then 41 ice 35 earth looks the best, if its small the stunning slightly tougher level 32 air pets will be more useful imo.

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
hmm the 41 Ice 35 Earth spec has always r0xed :p

for the record I am 37 Earth 39 Ice atm if any1 carez :p

u won't see that Spec anywher! :p

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
o going to try the 41 ICe 35 earth spec first obviously... (and will prolly never spec out of it :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom