1.62 "fixes" bolts/blocking/parry in RvR , destroys epic PVE encounters.

L

Litmus

it still amazes me how they still manage big fuck off mistakes like this.

seems to me they "fix" one thing and totaly mess 3 other things up.

look at this log
http://raven.tomeofages.com/Night/Log_Paladin.html

hardcore amount of misses also mezz etc has been effected heavily i.e takeing 3casts of mezz to just mezz 1person from 1fg etc

gg imo

K

Kharok Svark

Maybe they will just cancel patch 1.62 ... please :(

I

ImLestat

The worst part is that if Mythic lets 1.62 be and fixes this in 1.63 then Goa will probably patch to 1.62, then wait and patch 1.63+1.64 or something just to get a few patches together. Then we will be stuck with that buggy patch at least two-three times longer than the US had to put up with it. It has happened a few times before. :/

U

Urme the Legend

If this bug reaches EU before it's fixed... i'm gonna take a break. This isn't acceptable.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by ImLestat
The worst part is that if Mythic lets 1.62 be and fixes this in 1.63 then Goa will probably patch to 1.62, then wait and patch 1.63+1.64 or something just to get a few patches together. Then we will be stuck with that buggy patch at least two-three times longer than the US had to put up with it. It has happened a few times before. :/

or they will wait and patch to 1.63 sparing us the grief of 1.62
or just patch to 1.62 and add most of the fixes from 1.63 in like they did a few times

S

si1verwolf

Can we get an official word on this yet from the powers at be? Surely someone must be running around somewhere with a VERY hot potato!

J

Jiggs

thank god we have americans to test this stuff for us :D

G

Gaeswen

It only proves what I hear everywhere about the American way of testing....

Test server? Wa's that?

Pendragon is a "regular" gaming server which just receives the new code first. Any real testing is done on the live servers anyway :eek7:

H

Hargh

Yeah we moan constantly about Goa taking so long to patch things but the benefits of this have been proved today.

O

old.Glendower

Actually, Mythic is coming under quite a bit of heat for not testing adequately. The perception is they are not up to industry standards.

Part of the problem is no doubt that they are busy trying to crank out other games and expansions, thus have few resources for those of us already paying.

I am sure you will all be pleased to hear that to meet this and other crisises, they have hired another spin-doctor (PR person)!

Her name is Julie.

D

Damon_D

LOL good work Mythic..yet again you had the patch tested in your local kindergarden :rolleyes:

O

old.Elrond

like someone else said, i don't think goa will install this buggy patch, they will probably either fix it a bit or more likely wait until 1.63 when mythic addresses the problems.

O

old.Hardbein

Isnt GOA almost finished with 1.61? Cant they just roll that one out and lets see what happens on the US servers for 1.63? Or is the 1.61 patch buggy as hell too?

Kemor fill us in please...were getting anxious here :scared:

C

Cyradix

1/4 melee attacks missing?

Maybe they set all classes to the archers table instead of fixing archers :D

S

Stonebits

Even more incentive for me to ding my shammy 50 asap...

I could understand if they lowered the hit ratio etc in RvR... may make things a bit more interesting, but the fact that its fooked PvE is crazzeee.....

Id love to see what their official response is.....

I know we whinge at being behind the Yanks with patches, but I think this is a time for us to reflect, and think, hmmm perhaps we are the luckier ones :rolleyes:

Must be great fun for Zerkers... Not only has ya damage been nerfed, but now you cant hit fook all :ROFLMAO:
You have to laugh or you'd cry....

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
Isnt GOA almost finished with 1.61? Cant they just roll that one out and lets see what happens on the US servers for 1.63? Or is the 1.61 patch buggy as hell too?

Kemor fill us in please...were getting anxious here :scared:

Can't be bothered looking it up but I think 1.61 is a tiny patch that adds sound effects to crafting... and that's about it. So no loss really if they don't put 1.61 in.

O

old.Anpu

Originally posted by parisienscot
Can't be bothered looking it up but I think 1.61 is a tiny patch that adds sound effects to crafting... and that's about it. So no loss really if they don't put 1.61 in.

Respec stones drop in Summoners hall and the SI Epic dungeons!!!!

Gifv 1.61 :eek:

/Anpu

L

Litmus

you also the minor change of the soft caps being removed, if we do get patched to 1.61 instead 1.62, troll zerkers will be death on legs:>, 360+str,2400+hits etc..

edit: typo

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Litmus
you also the minor change of the soft caps being removed, if we do get patched to 1.61 instead 1.62, troll zerkers will be death on leags:>, 360+str,2400+hits etc..

So WHAT r we w8ing for???......lets give the zerks some fun before they will retire :p

Kemor: Fire up the patch server!!

Afaik...the "Bearded Resting Stone" Quest (Mid) is repeatable too in 1.61

O

old.Hardbein

Picked out the goodies in the 1.61 release notes:

OVERCAPPING CHANGES

-We've raised the player stat caps so that high level buff spells will not exceed the cap. Players who receive high level buff spells from friendly casters will notice this change the most. This means that races that a high starting stat (such as strength or dexterity) will now be able to buff it a bit more than those races that do not have a high starting stat.

-Some Interface tweaks

- +trown is removed from MID RoG :clap:

Item changes in the epic dungeons

- Monsters in Caer Sidi, Tuscaran Glacier and Galladoria now have a chance at dropping a single line respec stone. Note that non boss monsters have a significantly different drop rate than named boss monsters.

Full patch notes avail here

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Arnor

just makes me wonder if they EVER test ANYTHING, so far it seems like some monkey is rabbling out suggestions and some crack-junkie of a programmer goes "Nyuck Nyuck, excellent ideas chimpo, ill implement them right away"

H

hercules-df

fuck me backwards with a dildo, so glad ive got a few lvl50s. Will any1 every get a new toon to 50 again after this patch?

Looking on the bright side tho. itll make RVR a hell of a lot more interesting if all the insta mezz/stuns are resisted a lot, and you aint 2 shotted by things within 2 secs of seeing enemy. and all the tanks are actually having long fights.

FIX IT FOR PVE MYTHIC! leave it for RVR for a bit of fun for a change :D

unless that only affects midgard, if so nice work mythic :) if not GET YOUR GARLIC STAINED FINGERS OUT OF YOUR ARSE AND SORT IT

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Glendower
I am sure you will all be pleased to hear that to meet this and other crisises, they have hired another spin-doctor (PR person)!

Her name is Julie.

actually they didnt hire her recently :p. She has been for mythic for quite some time, this was just a promotion :).

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by driwen
actually they didnt hire her recently :p. She has been for mythic for quite some time, this was just a promotion :).

yup, now she gets to play on the tyres :lol:

A

Aravis

Have to wonder why all the people "testing" the patch on Pendragon didn't notice any of this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom