1.60 F - archers slightly denerfed, evade 3 gone from minstrels

D

-dewey-

Originally posted by the_chimera
What amused me was I was told "Minstrels, Skalds and Bards" got love in this patch... I was disappointed then to find it refered to the boost to health regen songs - because this song isn't actually in the bard's primary two lines, which means at most a bard might have the second health regen song...

What amused me was I was told "Archers " got denerfed in this patch... I was disappointed then to find it refered to the reduction in the cost of longshot and volley - because these skills are absolute crap, which means at most a rr10 archer may have one of these skills for comedy value...

A

Aoln

just found out that volley has a range of 4400-ish ! :D
might actually get that 1 day ^^

D

-dewey-

Originally posted by aoln
just found out that volley has a range of 4400-ish ! :D
might actually get that 1 day ^^

hmmm, if it does have a uber range like that I would probably get it, but methinks your lying/were lied too ;)

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by living

and Tafaya Anathas
it REALLY sound like u ur self gimped all ur chars and then whine about it here.. IMO i NEVER seen a scout/ranger miss 4 out of 5 shots.. instead ive seen scouts hit 4 out of 5 shots on my zerk.. and the only miss would be because i evaded the hit.. and when i get near the bitch slam me.. run away.. stealth.. and it starts over..

Oh and to all the bow users who tried to melee my zerk: WTF are u thinking? dont the 350-400 dmg hit tell u something?

And bow users killing a shield user is NOT meant to be :p Wuld be the same a caster melee'd a scout to death.. :)

Gimped all my chars? So infis and cabas are gimped? Or waht do you mean "gimped all ur chars"?

Hit rate: So the Scout and Ranger TL are big fat liars. When I was playing with my scout seriusly in the far past, once I was at a Beno retake raid. I shot 120 arrows, and 10 was landed.

Scouts will never do 350-400 to your zerker, only if it is a full melee scout with insane buffs. I have 39 in slash, and with buffs I hit a maximum of 150 on casters. Who was the scout, I wanna learn from him/her.

Killing a shield user? With 7 or 8 on shield you have a 95% chance to block an arrow if Engaged, and if you are a full shield user you have a base 50% block chance.

Caster vs. scout:

miss (bt)
qc mez/qc stun
2 dd
dead scout.

you have 0% chance vs. a caster if it has a BT on.

D

-dewey-

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
Scouts will never do 350-400 to your zerker, only if it is a full melee scout with insane buffs. I have 39 in slash, and with buffs I hit a maximum of 150 on casters. Who was the scout, I wanna learn from him/her.

I think the 350-400 dmg was coming from his zerker, not from the scout ;)

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by -dewey-

I think the 350-400 dmg was coming from his zerker, not from the scout ;)

Typical case of misunderstanding :wall:

A

Aoln

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas

Caster vs. scout:

miss (bt)
qc mez/qc stun
2 dd
dead scout.

you have 0% chance vs. a caster if it has a BT on.

errm, tbh if u have 0% to beat a caster with BT u must be doing something wrong. ( solo anyway )
as far as i can remember i pretty much always beat the caster, altho usually i dont bother using bow... stealth up, slam and whack till hes deaded. ;)
never lost a duel to a caster yet :)

S

Sigurd

What amused me was I was told "Archers " got denerfed in this patch... I was disappointed then to find it refered to the reduction in the cost of longshot and volley - because these skills are absolute crap, which means at most a rr10 archer may have one of these skills for comedy value...

I said slightly denerfed.. and rejoice, because this is one of the few patches where archers haven't been in some way nerfed... it can only mean mythic are starting to realise just how badly gimped they are...

T

Tranquil-

as far as i can remember i pretty much always beat the caster, altho usually i dont bother using bow... stealth up, slam and whack till hes deaded. ;)

I thought archery meant using a bow...:rolleyes:

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by living
the_chimera

Well there are no classes like a bard to hunt down a grp and stop a few of them from having speed... Meaning their end regen, speed and instant sick ranged confusion or whatever it is. Cant even count how many times a bard stopped me from getting away.

and Tafaya Anathas
it REALLY sound like u ur self gimped all ur chars and then whine about it here.. IMO i NEVER seen a scout/ranger miss 4 out of 5 shots.. instead ive seen scouts hit 4 out of 5 shots on my zerk.. and the only miss would be because i evaded the hit.. and when i get near the bitch slam me.. run away.. stealth.. and it starts over..

Oh and to all the bow users who tried to melee my zerk: WTF are u thinking? dont the 350-400 dmg hit tell u something?

And bow users killing a shield user is NOT meant to be :p Wuld be the same a caster melee'd a scout to death.. :)

It REALLY sounds like you have got ALL the issues when you have been shot a few times in emain. Really, you must be EXPERIENCED with archer issues.

Ofcourse the only times you notice an archer is when he hits you. The archer is the one who has to experience the other scenarios aswell. Too bad eh..?

About bow users killing a shield user.

Unspecced, but buffed shieldusers seem to block more arrows than a specced, but unbuffed shielduser. This has to be because the increase in dex is a greater part of the blocking code than the actual shield spec itself.

Also consider that a fullspecced shield user can get a blockrate without the engage ability reaching well over 50%, so that's not a bad blockrate either. Now, add buffs..

Ok, look at how many shield users there are out there(specced and unspecced). There are alot of them. Now, since we obviously shouldn't be able to kill any casters anymore, what can we kill? Hm, according to you, atleast none that carries a shield.

That doesn't exactly leave many does it? That comparison of caster melee vs a scout melee is flawed anyway. Casters can hit anyone to a certain extent anyway. Obviously, archers are treated otherwise.

Enough ranting, bleh

A

Aoln

hmmm, if it does have a uber range like that I would probably get it, but methinks your lying/were lied too ;)

nope, just checked crit-shot.com and vnbaords :)
~~4400 range ! :clap:

T

Tafaya Anathas

errm, tbh if u have 0% to beat a caster with BT u must be doing something wrong. ( solo anyway )

I was talking about bow situation :)
If I wanna melee I start a melee class :)
I'm a scout, you know, free RP gimp with a bow :p

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Because assassins are better soloers and more useful to groups, if not by much. No, you DO want solo RP god, quite evidently, because scouts are still perfectly able soloers. Better yet, do what the assassins have to do nowadays and join stealther groups. No, you ARE bitching, I assure you. You fumble with your bows as often and no more often than my minstrel fumbles with his sword. You plain honest 'miss' as often as my DDs/stun/mezz get resisted. I agree its a lot but, christ..... live with it. 4 out of 5 spells resisted? 4 out of 5 melee swings missed? Do you even believe what you're saying? Jesus tapdancing H christ, stop exaggerating or stop expecting to be taken seriously.
Oh, and don't cry about hunters getting love. They have lower evade than you, lower damage output than a high PF/Melee ranger and worse defence than a scout, as well as inferior bow to you. They got melee love; they still miss 4 out of 5 times and get 1shotted by greys, and are permanently nearsight and surrounded by an inwards-pointing PBT bubble thing that blocks all their shots!

chera u gotta be kidding me right? u play with me, u see what the fuck happends, u seen my fumble and miss rates. dont take this the wrong way, i dont care how much u fumble with the sword, ur slash specc is like 37 or something, my bow specc is 60 with items and rr bonus, and u still dont fumble as much as i do.

agreed that the hunter lovin was needed bad anyway. those guys have had a hard time for a long time now.

i can live with the miss and fumble rates, i really can, i only have 2 problems:

1. see hidden (like detect hidden isnt enough?)
2. stacked pbt

D

DocWolfe

I once missed twice, and fumbled twice on the same person

T

Tesla Monkor

I'm glad for the archer changes, but they're far from fixed yet. (None of the archer classes have their own RA's yet -- no matter how crappy they are).

Hunters get some love in 1.56 (I.e. next week, insta-pets, whee!), making my spear better still. (For an archer class, I'm a hell of a lot better using my spear than my bow. Don't get me started on the fumbles and misses.)

Something that needs seriously looking at is Stacked PBT.

PBT and Self-BT are fine with me.. It's the stacked PBT that needs some serious nerfing. Running two 6sec PBT turns it into one 3sec PBT and that is awfully unfair to all the classes depending on dishing out melee-type damage. (Not even just archers)

Ofcourse changing anything like that is going to cause all the PBT classes to complain (and rightfully so, it's their livelihood we're discussing). However, I personally think that PBT should never have been allowed to stack the way it does now.

Here's hoping for the next patch to give us a thing to combat PBT. ;)

N

Novamir

it took me 6 (yes 6) shots to kill a NP chanter that was windows key exiting from the game ( hahahah sucker :D )
first was bt'd, second hit with stupid resists, 3rd fumbled, 4 th hit with more stupid resists, another fumble... then final hit and some easy rps :) also it had too much hp :( 3 shots of around 500 and casters still alive, nerf NP buffbots !! :p

no way can a caster (kobold) have 1500+ health. sorry.

K

klavrynd

hib groups usually have 50%+ healing classes in it so he mightve been healed

ps : "it took me 6 (yes 6) shots to kill a NP chanter " , i take it you meant luri?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom