1.3 tues 26th

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Good patch. The update, along with the server merges, have reinvigorated the game for me. Was getting a bit stale soloing all the time and waiting interminably for warfronts to pop, but now suddenly my server is buzzing again and the game is fun.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have the fixed the PvP queues yet or is it still 24/7 Huttball?

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah that's fixed, it's completely random now. All warzones can be run against either opposing or same factions so you get civil war Imp v Imp, void star rep v rep, etc , etc.

With the mega servers you also get pops almost instantly.

and group finder works very well, within a few minutes of q'ing had some fun on my jugg which was completely poo geared in recruit pvp armour tanking some of the harder flashpoints with complete strangers. Seems dps has to wait longer then heal/tank but then that's always going to happen.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They speeded leveling up yet? couldnt be arsed leveling another character because it was so slow, didnt give 2 hoots about the story because it all ended the same one way or another "herpy derpy betrayed etc etc"

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Why would you want faster leveling in a game that has utter shit endgame?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why would you want faster leveling in a game that has utter shit endgame?

Because slow leveling is so 2008, no one gives a shit about the slow grind from 1-X all people want to do these days is jump straight into raiding or pvp. As for the end game I don't really care about it tbh, I was just curious if they'd increased the leveling speed or not.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's generalizing it a bit to much though. There are plenty of people out there that enjoys the leveling part of MMO's (me included), and you're not really grinding the levels in this game.

You do that in DAoC but not in this. :)

But i do agree that they could speed it up just a little bit, because if you don't do any instances or group content when you level up you are falling behind in levels pretty early.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well my point is if the leveling was quick those that wish to take their time could still do so (like they could in DAOC) where as the people who just want to get up fast can do so aswell, everyone wins really.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think I'd level up the rest of the chars if all I had to do was the story, find doing the same planets over and over again boring really.

But there are character perks which increase xp gained by certain things, story quests, exploration, warzones, flashpoints, etc. So yeah it is a bit faster. Just not a great deal. And it costs credits per character to do that.

Poag

m00?
Decided to get SWTOR reinstalled and give it another whirl. Gimme some 3 weeks to get it downloaded!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Because slow leveling is so 2008, no one gives a shit about the slow grind from 1-X all people want to do these days is jump straight into raiding or pvp. As for the end game I don't really care about it tbh, I was just curious if they'd increased the leveling speed or not.

just cos the mouth breathers posting in caps + bad english on the forums say something, doesnt make it universally true

also as mentioned, XP boosts in: pvp/instances/class quests/exploration (?!) are per char, cumulative, different costs. can get, er, 30% i think, in each category

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just cos the mouth breathers posting in caps + bad english on the forums say something, doesnt make it universally true

also as mentioned, XP boosts in: pvp/instances/class quests/exploration (?!) are per char, cumulative, different costs. can get, er, 30% i think, in each category

Try reading what I said below that, its got fuck all to do with other forum posts.. its simple logic

uncapped leveling speed = everyone happy, there is no reason they wouldn't be as everyone can do their own thing. Why should I have to sit through hours of shit dialogue and do the same old boring goto X kill X quests just to keep the snails happy? and why should they have to level fast to keep me happy? the solution is - they don't - uncapped leveling means everyone can level at their own pace, if you're driven by the story then by all means follow it, while your sitting on Hutta fisting Jabba I'll be off getting boosted on high level monsters.

Last edited:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
In fairness though Blood you whine about every game's levelling content. Why not just go play an FPS?

Poag

m00?
Most FPSs have levels now....

So back in, done a few FPs with the LFG tool. Pretty good really :)

Enough to tide me over till GW2 release anyway!

Mabs

. Why should I have to sit through hours of shit dialogue and do the same old boring goto X kill X quests just to keep the snails happy? and why should they have to level fast to keep me happy?

because PVEing and progression is a part of MMOing, if you dont like it, then find a different genre that is more gratifying ?

i know some people who are hard core PVPers, i know some people who just like crafting, and some who just like to explore and do all quests they can find even if they are grey for story content.. none of them are "wrong", its just different strokes for different folks, but complaining about what has always been a massive part of MMOs seems a bit.. redundant :/

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well my point is if the leveling was quick those that wish to take their time could still do so (like they could in DAOC) where as the people who just want to get up fast can do so aswell, everyone wins really.
Well, maybe once there are enough endgame content to keep people playing that might be true. But there isn't really any point in having really fast leveling just to see the players get bored out of their mind because there isn't enough endgame content.

I mean, it's bad enough as it is with people dinging max level less then a week after a game launch and then bitch because they have nothing to do and then quit...

And DAoC didn't boost the leveling speed until 3:ish years ago iirc...

Most FPSs have levels now....

Yes but in FPS games levels does not equal more powerful...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
In fairness though Blood you whine about every game's levelling content. Why not just go play an FPS?

Hey, I'm a consumer its my right to whine :p DAOC had leveling right, WoW had leveling right because the questing wasnt actually that bad.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
because PVEing and progression is a part of MMOing, if you dont like it, then find a different genre that is more gratifying ?

i know some people who are hard core PVPers, i know some people who just like crafting, and some who just like to explore and do all quests they can find even if they are grey for story content.. none of them are "wrong", its just different strokes for different folks, but complaining about what has always been a massive part of MMOs seems a bit.. redundant :/

The whole progression argument just doesn't wash I'm afraid, as said above DAOC had leveling right as did WoW, christ even RIFT had leveling right. Every other MMO isn't aimed at keeping the slow larry happy by making leveling take ages its aimed at keeping you on the "journey" to suck more subscription money out of you. Now don't get me wrong, slow as fuck leveling can be done right and even fun a long the way, Everquest and Everquest II has proven that, SWTOR on the other hand just doens't have anything worth doing while leveling its just one long road all the way to 50 with little to do on the side.

Reasons why its shit?

- Crafting you say? send your crewmen out to do it for you I say, wheres the fun in it?
- World bosses you say? here, have some gear you'll out level in 3-4 lvls and an achievement to show how you zerg a poorly scripted world boss to death
- PvP? Yes, lets get boosted stats from this PvP buff annnnd still be fucking useless to the team 90% of the time
- Story you say? load of bollocks that always seems to end in the same place or similar way for each class (and yes I really have tried multiple classes all the way to 50 so I know what I'm talking about)

Nothing remotely fun about it, you're just lying to yourself if you rate any of the above fun :p I'm a realist, if I don't like something I let it be known rather than follow the rest of the drones throwing money at the game devs.

Now i'll stop trashing your SWTOR thread because it seems fairly obvious the fanboys are starting to get agitated.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
BloodOmen said:
Hey, I'm a consumer its my right to whine :p DAOC had leveling right, WoW had leveling right because the questing wasnt actually that bad.

DAOC levelling back in the day was horrible. Endless Lyonesse sessions for hours on end *shudder*

Levelling in SWTOR is the best part. Love the stories and the voice acting, the moral choices. No grind as far as I can see and it engages a part of my brain that MMOGs don't normally involve. This game might not be for everyone but I am really enjoying it again now that there are people to play it with.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I agree, if it's one thing SWTOR does not need to change, it's the levelling. Maybe a bit more variety so you don't have to do the same planets on every character. Other than that the levelling is near perfect.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
DAOC levelling back in the day was horrible. Endless Lyonesse sessions for hours on end *shudder*

Levelling in SWTOR is the best part. Love the stories and the voice acting, the moral choices. No grind as far as I can see and it engages a part of my brain that MMOGs don't normally involve. This game might not be for everyone but I am really enjoying it again now that there are people to play it with.

Lol, trees in Lyon were boring yes, malmo wasn't so bad tho.... can't really speak for hib and fins didn't really go to hib until they had lolamists who just shroomed up and afk'd all night

Mabs

Nothing remotely fun about it, you're just lying to yourself if you rate any of the above fun :p I'm a realist, if I don't like something I let it be known rather than follow the rest of the drones throwing money at the game devs.

i have no problem with you having an opinion, but just cos you like A and B and not C or D, doesnt mean that that is a universal truth, each to their own :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i have no problem with you having an opinion, but just cos you like A and B and not C or D, doesnt mean that that is a universal truth, each to their own :)

Yes but you're completely missing what I was trying to say?

As said, even if it was fast people could still do as they wanted, the only thing it would change is the leveling speed for people that can't be arsed to level slowly after they've already leveled 4-5 characters to max level etc.

Mabs

Yes but you're completely missing what I was trying to say?

As said, even if it was fast people could still do as they wanted, the only thing it would change is the leveling speed for people that can't be arsed to level slowly after they've already leveled 4-5 characters to max level etc.

no thats fine
and can i have a special button i can press to max out my realm rank/valour/whatever cos i "cba" to do it, while you are grinding away pls ? :)

you cant have 2 systems.. the DAoC one was broken to fuck, they took /level out, and now you can do quests that are faster than PLing. almost no game allows for powerllvling nowadays, the closest thing is the "tutor" system where u can get bumped up/down to someones level

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
no thats fine
and can i have a special button i can press to max out my realm rank/valour/whatever cos i "cba" to do it, while you are grinding away pls ? :)

you cant have 2 systems.. the DAoC one was broken to fuck, they took /level out, and now you can do quests that are faster than PLing. almost no game allows for powerllvling nowadays, the closest thing is the "tutor" system where u can get bumped up/down to someones level

Realm Ranks and Valor just aren't the same, to make such a comparison is just plain stupidity, those you earn via fighting other people/players not from sitting killing AI for XX hours. As for DAOC's system it was far from broken, the game was a PvP oriented game thus why make people do mindless PvE? there was a PvE server if people wanted to do that.

Mabs

Realm Ranks and Valor just aren't the same, to make such a comparison is just plain stupidity, those you earn via fighting other people/players not from sitting killing AI for XX hours. As for DAOC's system it was far from broken, the game was a PvP oriented game thus why make people do mindless PvE? there was a PvE server if people wanted to do that.

no, you are saying "i cba with PVE its dull, give it to me on a plate"
fine, but then you must allow someone else to say
"i cba with PVP its dull, give it to me on a plate"

either its universal or not at all, you cant cherry pick stuff -you- dont like to skip

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Make sense please Mabs, now you're just sounding like a stubborn sod. PvE and PvP are 2 different things entirely you cannot compare the 2 thus why should it be universal? and less of the "YOU" shit, I bet if there was an official poll to boost leveling speed the majority would be in favor of it.

Mabs

pve and pvp are both massive components of the whole, stop behaving like theyre an either/or, theyre both just as relevant :f

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
I still have 'nightmares' (well, not really) about the old-school levelling in Midgard.
No end.buff and no pbaoe chain-pulls in Malmohus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom